[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did White people suddenly become successful in 1500 AD after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1397587116288.jpg (482 KB, 1579x900) Image search: [Google]
1397587116288.jpg
482 KB, 1579x900
Why did White people suddenly become successful in 1500 AD after a history of nothing special? (Excluding the Roman Empire and Greece if you must)

Not a /pol/ question
>>
>>56304080
Islamic culture was introduced to Europe, I image
I am wrong probably
>>
>>56304080
it's more of a /his/ question to be honest desu

the answer is guns, germs and steel
>>
Renaissance.
>>
>>56304080
Because of the exploration of the new World which resulted to new commercial centers and the irrelevancy of the Mediterranean.
>>
>>56304214
islam blockade helped western euros expand their horizons, so the weeb with proxy >>56304156 is sort of right, as well
>>
>>56304080
because we told the church to fuck off
based martin luther king
>>
>>56304080
Western culture reached is full point of development and was able to assert itself.

Prior to that the West was more 'equal' to the rest of the world (excluding Africa and the Americas and Australia etc)

But the decline of the Islamic world, the inwardness of the Confucian world, and the general primitiveness of the rest meant that there was a lot of opportunity for the Europeans to innovate

I think the development of sophisticated systems of finance, increasing industrialisation, development of advanced military systems, as well as a drive to discover and explore allowed Europeans to seize these opportunities.
>>
Portuguese and Spaniards conquered lots of land and dominated lots of trade roots, which lead to the introduction of new resources to Europe, which helped to develop industry, agriculture and technology. The age of explorations is one of the most important periods in history
>>
>>56304193
this
>>
>>56304277
>Western culture reached is full point of development
that only happened far later though, with the industrial era
>>
exponental growth in good conditions
>>
>>56304337
I should rephrase, it began its ascent to its full point of development
>>
Because of guns, germs and steel.
>>
>>56304337
needless to add: everything that had lead to the point of ~1500 was actually quite shit, namely the god thing and social hierarchy

>>56304288
>the most important periods in history
*the most significant fuck up in navigation that turned out to be not so bad after all (for white people that is)
>>
WE
>>
BUILT
>>
>>56304288
thanks spain for giving us potaters. now us dirty central euros dont have to starve
>>
>>56304080
>Excluding the Roman Empire and Greece if you must
That's nonsense, those are the very foundations of western civilization. Precisely because their texts and creations were re-discovered around the renaissance it allowed Europe to rise again.
>>
>>56304080
>Why did White people suddenly become successful in 1500 AD after a history of nothing special?
Uh, false assumption much? You posted this same shit on /his/ not too long ago. Stop being an idiot.
>>
File: bismarck.jpg (56 KB, 364x402) Image search: [Google]
bismarck.jpg
56 KB, 364x402
>>56304420
>>
>>56304659
el dominicANO
>>
>>56304659
We inveted the archebus and the mosquete. Those are not moorish weapons. And the gunpowder was introduced by the mongols not by the Moors.
>>
>>56304080
>history of nothing special?
what, european and fertile crecent has oldest ceramics/pottery and agriculture, they arent white/european today?
>>
>>56304846
He just has a certain amount of YES he has to get out of his system every day
>>
>>56304080
The big thing was the discovery of the New World, which gave them all the gold and resources they were starving for back home. IIRC that (the discovery of the New World) also influenced the decline of the Ottomans, for whom a significant part of their economy was based around control and taxation of the Silk Road. Speaking of which, avoiding Ottoman tariffs was basically the big reason why finding new trade routes was such a priority for European powers at the time. So I guess you can thank the Turks for being such jews lol.
>>
>>56304080
gun germ steel
>>
>>56304187
>guns, germs and steel
Isn't the author just a zoologist??
>>
>>56305230
he is but that's the short really short reply
guns didn't even help so much at first as germs and steel and compass and ambition did
>>
>>56305039
>muh gold

yeh you really need this magical metal that magically turns into power plants
>>
>>56304080
the ottoman turks conquered constantinople, cutting off the silk road, forcing us to look for new routes to asia, we stumbled on the americas (with vast resources and people way behind us in tech) in the process
>>
>>56304080
there you go.
http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Germs-Steel-Fates-Societies/dp/0393317552
not everything on this book is great but at least you can pick out some interesting points of it from this.

though as you can see the comments those white folks get buttmad over this one too lmao.
i remember that the first time i saw those comments, it was a bit shocking because scum like /pol/acks were spawning around even such a normal book too, and i just felt that their abilities to judge this sort of critiques are actually getting worse.
>>
File: darkages.gif (9 KB, 363x323) Image search: [Google]
darkages.gif
9 KB, 363x323
>>56304080
all european

>european dark ages
>literally europe's darkest period
>not a single civ to raise the bar
>not even the muslims with their so called golden age

that's how inferior non europeans are
>>
>>56304080
aliens had sexuall thing going on with humans and showed them the way...
>>
Political power comes out of a barrel of a gun

Whites had more guns thus more political power
>>
>>56306163
i always chuckle to this fedora chart

>>56306384
it wasn't only that though. whites also had great cunning and with great cunning comes great deceit ability
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.