[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Western Europeans such terrible compsers? All the great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-03-12 21.24.48.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-12 21.24.48.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2000
Why are Western Europeans such terrible compsers? All the great classical composers have come from central and eastern europe. England's greatest composer was a german. You would thing that such an advanced nation would have more great composers.
>>
we actually let our children here play and be free instead of forcing them into something they aren't even aware at a young age
>>
Same reason addicts, the depressed, and broken people still make the best music today. Good, decent upbringings aren't conducive to music.
>>
By that logic, the Middle East and Africa should produce more and better music than the US or Europe.
>>
>>56289860
Purcell isn't German
>>
File: 5616546.jpg (72 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
5616546.jpg
72 KB, 1440x1080
>>56289860
You forgot about Vivaldi
>>
>Germany
>Not Western Europe

WEU, UN, EU, and CIA all place Germany as Western Europe
>>
>>56290569
Brits' greatest composer is George Frideric Handel, who is German.
>>
>>56290668
Handel is top 5, but not the best British composer
>>
>>56289860
>william byrd
>thomas tallis
>ralph vaughan williams
>edward elgar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pySTHOJKIlA
>>
>>56289860
>>56290616
Also Paganini, Granados, there are a lot of them
>>
>>56290832
>byrd and de victoria were compising at the same time

Neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9imZy_44MU
>>
>>56290832
Where's John Williams?
>>
>>56290569
This
>>56290616
Italy isn't really Western Europe and I forgot to mention their significant contributions. I was mainly focusing onot England and France
>>56290764
Not even on the same tier as the giants the rest of Europe was shitting out.
>>
>>56289860
>Austria/Germany is Eastern Europe.
>The Slavs have composers so terrible, they fell into their own category.
>>
>>56291468
>if it's not west, it must be east
>there is no central Europe
>>
>>56291516
The only thing western Europe is Spain and U.K. at this point is what you are thinking. A peninsula and a bunch of islands.
>>
>>56289860
We are Western not Central.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.