[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 1350px-Flag_of_India.svg.png (43 KB, 1350x900) Image search: [Google]
1350px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
43 KB, 1350x900
What are your thoughts on this country?
>>
>>56287567
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITPOSTING
>>
LEAF
>>
>>56287567
poo
>>
POOP RIVERS
>>
>>56287567
I hope they rule Asia instead of shit China
>>
POO IN LOO
>>
I think they deserve more respect.

The shitposting against them is already stale.
>>
>>56287567
horrible colours, no offense Ireland but orange and green should not be on a flag together
>>
>>56287567
Shitty like all of South Asia, but A) miles better than any of their northern neighbors, and B) genuinely making efforts to fix their problems (last I heard at least). Seems to be a big regional rift regarding shittiness; North India is awful and backward, but South India -- particularly places like Kerala -- seems fairly decent from what I hear. Also, India's press seems to be honest and pugnacious to a fault, and willing to stand up to power, and I respect that. I don't know anything about their current PM (Anandiben Patel I think), but Narendra Modi was basically a fascist.

Also, they are bullied way too much on here. Most on here are pretty good posters imo, and don't deserve all the bullying. I mean, banter is one thing, but they were practically bullied off /int/.

That said, it does seem like bullying is going down -- in the sense that Indians are occasionally able to post without getting immediately drowned in poo memes -- now that the memes are stale, which is good.
>>
>>56287567

They have a lot of work to do, but they're headed in the right direction. They're actually trying to do something about their infrastructure problems, which is a good sign, and their economy is growing at a faster rate than China.

They have over 300 million people still living in poverty, however, and it doesn't seems like they're addressing that properly. Perhaps they don't take it seriously because of their huge 1+ billion population and booming middle class.
China was able to lift most of its poor out of poverty with non-capitalistic policies, which India is not willing to implement.

Overall, it seems the perception of India in the West is worse than how the country actually is. It's very large and very diverse and many aspects of it are not that bad.
>>
P O O
O
O
>>
>>56287567
I like India and Indians desu. Much better than the Middle East, Africa, and most of South America and Central America. Actually trying hard to improve themselves. Diverse. Has a rich history and lore. Good tea.
>>
>>56287637
>the irony in this post is palpable
>>
serious question why so much hateon indians?

i see this on bodybuilding.com forums as well
>>
>>56289453

pajeet pls
>>
>>56289392
who are you quoting?
>>
>>56289453
Every nationality has a certain proportion of insufferable shitheads. India just happens to have 3 standard deviations more than average.
>>
>>56289453
The memes about India are accurate and therefore depressing.

Most people on /int/ didn't actually think half of Indians don't poo in the loo in ITS 2015, but Australians made sure we learned it was true.
>>
>>56289274
I bet you've never been to any of the places you're talking about.
>>
>>56290938
You don't have to go to a place to have knowledge about it. I know how tall Pyramids are and when and why they were built. I've never been to them, but I have read what learned men have written about them. I'm not picking on El Salvador. I bet it's nicer than most of it's neighbors.
>>
India makes me sad.
>>
>>56292315
Why?
>>
>>56292524
The poverty, the happy songs in their entertainment yet with people bathing in the same place they lay corpses in, the treatment they experienced from the British, the caste system, how Americans outsource to the poorest of the poor in India because we love cheap labor, I don't know, feels depressing.
>>
>>56287567
They are the Mexico of Asia desu.
>>
>>56292288
You can know about the place, but it's very hard to learn about the people without actually meeting them.
>>
>>56292631
No that's the Phillipines.

I can't think of an India equivalent in the Americas just like I can't think of a China equivalent.

Maybe Guyana. Poor, former english colony, some hindu influence, some indians live there, tropical.
>>
>>56293822
Brazil
>>
>>56293822
>>56293837
Yeah I'd go with Brazil. Seems to be the most similar SA/CA country.
>>
>>56293960
But Brazil is literally 7 times richer per person and the lifespan is 6 years longer.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.