[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your culture depicted in foreign creation + your opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Aeroflot, depicted by the west.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Aeroflot, depicted by the west.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
>USA/Europe depicting Russia:
With a few exceptions, nearly always the "Red Bear with balalaika" meme-tier.
Good examples:
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 (i'm not joking - the russians speak fluently and actually make sense in what they're talking about)
- Babylon A.D. - actual native speakers + realistic depiction of suburban yokels

>Japan depicting Russia:
One example that negates all the other shit ones: Dersu Uzala.
Albeit, done along with Mosfilm, Akira Kurosawa has done a marvelous job shooting a very much russian movie, but with that very characteristic japanese philosophy of everything inevitably going back to the abyss.

P.S.
>Canada depicting USA
>uh... Beyond the Black Rainbow? Christ, tfw never see the performance done by Christian Bale instead of Michael Rogers
>>
File: 1411246551.jpg (452 KB, 1772x1207) Image search: [Google]
1411246551.jpg
452 KB, 1772x1207
i've been worrying that the subject will be too subtle to talk about en masse.

Oh well, gonna have to find a piece of sophisticated conversation (that is, highly opinionated exchange, supplemented with reasonable argumentation), but dignified enough to not fall into the pit of meme-posting insults.

Thanks for all the (yous), my international comrades!
>>
>>56273721
I feel bad for you so here's a reply
>USA depicting Finland
USA doesn't even know we exist. If a Finnish director mentions Finland though everyone in Finland celebrates.
>Europe depicting Finland
Usually negative.
>East depicting Finland
I don't know about this one, but it's probably the same as USA (they don't know we exist)
>>
>>56274756
It's /b/ with flag m8. What do you expect?

Hope Mr. Hiroshima will realize how much of a money drain this shithole really is and shut it down.
>>
>>56275723
Cheers, hyva Finland! I can always count on 'ye.
Sorry for all those attempted invasions, tho

>Europe depicting Finland
mildly curious on some specific examples, and for why anyone from yuros will bash Finns for anything!
>>
File: 1443875047216.gif (3 MB, 311x211) Image search: [Google]
1443875047216.gif
3 MB, 311x211
>>56275967
>It's /b/ with flag m8.
are we so bad-looking in the eyes of the rest of the world? Christ, I will admit that our P*tin and his administration is a bunch of corrupted tossers, but still - we have a long-going legacy of good stuff, at least, SOME of which is worthy discussing
>>
>>56275723
US media loves you guys
http://www.npr.org/2016/01/24/463878369/finnish-authors-heat-up-the-speculative-fiction-world
http://www.npr.org/sections/deceptivecadence/2015/12/08/458232716/finlands-finest-the-seven-symphonies-of-jean-sibelius
http://www.npr.org/2014/03/08/287255411/what-the-u-s-can-learn-from-finland-where-school-starts-at-age-7
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/07/28/426748088/how-finns-make-sports-part-of-everyday-life
>>
>the whole world depicting brazil
- happy black people dancing samba during carnival, while naked or half-naked
- poor criminal black kids in favelas
- trannies
- bunda

it's a real, but also a selective depiction IMO. good thread OP
>>
>>56281209
you forgot football
>>
>>56281288
you're right. football, famous footballers, 7-1
>>
File: toad.jpg (70 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
toad.jpg
70 KB, 300x250
drunk
religious
dressed like farmers
cartoonish stereotype accent
cliche phrases that most Irish people never use

1 out 5. pls stop
>>
>>56281653
"American Irish" are usually portrayed as drunks and cops

see the McReary dude from GTA 4
>>
>>56281373
its not the end of the world. I remember that game, i had a feeling that it would be 7+, 6+ game and i won a fuckload of money. Felt like shit watching the Brazilians cry, but i did pay off my debts and fines and still had money to spend.
>>
>>56284712
YOU LYING SACK OF SHIT
>>
File: potato-03.gif (74 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
potato-03.gif
74 KB, 460x307
>>56281653
You forgot the most important part, your daily diet
>>
>Gentleman with bad teeth
OR
>Chav with bad teeth
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.