[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you think staple diet of a nation, carb or protein, can predict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: w8079e00.jpg (27 KB, 774x392) Image search: [Google]
w8079e00.jpg
27 KB, 774x392
do you think staple diet of a nation, carb or protein, can predict anything about its culture or people?

maps incoming

polite conversation thread pls
>>
>>
File: MFJA4oB.png (489 KB, 2499x1253) Image search: [Google]
MFJA4oB.png
489 KB, 2499x1253
>>
>>
>>
File: 1427479804995.png (57 KB, 166x164) Image search: [Google]
1427479804995.png
57 KB, 166x164
I don't know, I'm not seeing any particular pattern in these maps. Unless you want to cherry-pick something, there isn't much to it.
>>
>>56246238
natives ate maize.
europeans ate wheat.
african slaves ate roots / tubers.

how the hell did you end up eating rice??
>>
>>56246076
That's a fucking terrible colour scheme
>>
>>56246076
>maize
>>
>>56246076
Poor diet shit development growths duh.
>>
I like some reductionistic ideas but I doubt anything significant can be derived from these maps.
>>
>>56246076
Get a color screen faggot
>>
>>56246497
Even in areas you'd think have good food in developing countries protein consumption is hard to come by so you have places that can feed a child in everything but very low in protein so they are still malnourished and show kwashikor.
>>
>>56246408
Google translated, so it might be shitty

"Some authors point out Brazil as the first country to cultivate this cereal in the Americas. Rice was the "maize water" (abati-uaupé) that the Tupi long before knowing the Portuguese, already gathered in wetlands near the coast. In 1587, rice farms already occupied land in Bahia and, around 1745, Maranhão. In 1766, the Portuguese Crown authorized the installation of the first peeler rice in Brazil, in the city of Rio de Janeiro. The practice of rice cultivation in Brazil, organized and rational way, happened in the mid-eighteenth century and from that time until the mid-nineteenth century, the country was a major exporter of rice."
>>
>>56246604
There's too many people in the shit areas. Some more wars, Ebola outbreaks and drought should help get people the protein they need.
>>
>>56246622
Murricans claim the moon but got 9/11'ed. What's your point?
>>
>>56246408
>>56246622

A Domesticated Rice is native to Africa dumbasses, African rice farmers introduced the cultivation throughout the new world US to Brazil.
>>
>>56246076
Isnt america really maize?
>>
>>56246703
Majority of corn is used for fodder.
>>
>>56246698
>>56246622
o
>>
File: europe-heart-death-men-2000.png (1 MB, 1254x1290) Image search: [Google]
europe-heart-death-men-2000.png
1 MB, 1254x1290
>>56246076
of course
better food makes better people, and vice versa
>>
>>56246632
The population can sustain itself in a good amount of places but several issues collide.

Bad infrastructure means transporting produce us very limited since the range you deliver your crops is much shorter before it rots.

Very prone to price fluctuation. Even if have sufficient output it is still very expensive and takes a large amount of peoples finances. Slight changes in price here have much bigger impact elsewhere.

Foreign countries flood poorer ones with surplus food (not from aid) but enact protectionist policies that prevent poorer farmers from Penetrating their markets.

Cost of shit to advance or modernize agriculture is prohibitive or high. Many nations don't have farmer gibemedats, subsidies ir if they do they can't compete with bigger nations.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.