[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will happen if every country in the world became somewhat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1417909321818.jpg (64 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1417909321818.jpg
64 KB, 612x612
What will happen if every country in the world became somewhat equally developed? What changes will it have on economy, societies and population?
>>
Siri fucks niggers for free
>>
>>56227355
So do I.
>>
Massive environmental meltdown, global famine, collapse of society.
>>
>>56227444
this, we'll hit carrying capacity before anything good happens
>>
>>56227444
Won't having +190 developed country speed up the transition process towards cleaner energy sources?
>>
>>56227327
There wouldn't be any undeveloped countries. I guess there wouldn't be developed countries either. But if every country would have rules like this country, there wouldn't be any space to fly into anymore.
>>
>>56227717
Explain further plox?
>>
>>56227645
Not before we run out of everything, including water.
>>
>>56227860
How so? Won't having better infrastructure reduce water waste, and rain collection also water management?
>>
>>56227933
Not even well-developed areas are guaranteed an inexhaustable supply of water. This has become an issue already in California and Nevada, both well-developed states even by US standards. Urban sprawl puts a huge strain on the local aquifers, and nature simply can't keep up. Gotta water that lawn, yo.

And that's not all. The most important element for modern agriculture is phosphorus. We're already running low on that. Multiply the current consumption by five, and in a few decades you'll be left with barren farmlands with no fertilizer at hand.
http://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2013/04/01/phosphorus-essential-to-life-are-we-running-out/
>>
>>56227327
Pretty sure that's the goal. Some day in the distant future, there will be a one world govt. After that point, thew next stage in human advancement begins.
>>
>>56227327
Depends on how we become even. If we're all ded, then gg
If we're 3rd world tier then the ones with lots of resources start climbing back up a bit faster

If everyone is 1st world it won't stay that way, unless you make the people equally smart.
>>
>>56228260
That's interesting. How about GMO and other advancement in farming? Also, you can also mention gulf countries where water is very scarce and they resorted to desalinization.
>>
>>56228635
I am pretty sure with better access to education and food, IQ is going to rise in several regions in the world. But, even in the case that we all became 1st world tier, that wouldn't mean that we are all going to compete in the same areas, I think it is going to lead to further specialization of economies.
>>
>>56227355
So does your mom. I learned that the day you were conceived.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.