[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If India had become a French Raj instead of a British one, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: pol indian.png (38 KB, 1046x531) Image search: [Google]
pol indian.png
38 KB, 1046x531
If India had become a French Raj instead of a British one, how would it have affected the world in terms of languages?
>>
We'd just be saying POO IN LOO in French
>>
>>56224499
Statistically a lot

Realistically not a lot as India is irrelevant. I guess i would stop hating Indians pretending to be from Texas when i call tech support or something
>>
>>56225291
*hearing
>>
File: lel.webm (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lel.webm
3 MB, 500x500
>Quebec promotes francophone immigration to preserve their culture from the Eternal Anglo
>Quebec becomes majority Indian in only a few years
>the St. Lawrence river becomes a second Ganges
>the great lakes become the most polluted lakes in the world
>>
File: French_India_1741-1754.png (200 KB, 1044x1287) Image search: [Google]
French_India_1741-1754.png
200 KB, 1044x1287
Do they teach you in school that you could have been a French colony instead of a British one ?
>>
France will be chockers of Indians instead of Britain
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 553x623) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 553x623
>>56224499
Trust me being a French colony is far worse than being a British one.
>>
File: 3-Affichedrapeau.jpg (69 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
3-Affichedrapeau.jpg
69 KB, 636x900
>>56226085
As a British colony, you get exploited and genocided.

As a French colony, we will put tremendous efforts into building infrastructures, educating the people, consider you as children of the Republic instead of mere colonial subjects. At worst, your women might enriched, but this is nowhere near the atrocities committed by the eternal Anglo.
>>
>>56224499
Pajeet would be shitting in Rue de Napoléon instead of shitting in Wellington Street, and that's pretty much all
>>
>>56226579
The British were the best thing that ever happened to Malta probably the reason they didn't turn out like Italy or Greece.
>>
>>56224499
MERDRE
DANS
LA
TOILET
>>
>>56225739
Yes, I learned about Anglo-French wars but never discussed what could have been.
>>
>>56224499
Hard to say. I mean linguistically obviously South Asia would be affected, in that almost none of them would speak English, and French would have sort of the position English has as a sort of prestige language. Though on the other hand American cultural hegemony might end up leading to that anyway.

India would probably be better off, however.
>>
Indilads, how is the "French influence" in Pondicherry (for example) ?
>>
>>56227450
Cannot say. Never been there. 'Life of Pi' movie is set in Pondicherry though.
>>
>>56227450
Beautiful houses and some fresh pussy. That's all after 60 years anyway.
>>
>>56231116
%s/fresh/french
>>
>>56227450
I went there for holidays, didn't look really French
Well there's colonial architecture but it's more or less the same as in ex British colonies

However many people speak French. There's the Alliance Française there so they have a high school where they teach French, a lot of people who work in hotels/restaurants speak it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.