[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sulaymaniyah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Sulaymaniyah.jpg (446 KB, 988x1534) Image search: [Google]
Sulaymaniyah.jpg
446 KB, 988x1534
There is a chance I'll leave Greece for Sulaymaniyah (Iraqi Kurdistan) for work.

Can any of you nice people tell me what I should expect?

I've been told it's very safe, but little else.

Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulaymaniyah
>>
Why the fuck would ever go there?
Iran is a shithole.
>>
>>56222871
It's in Iraqi Kurdistan.
>>
>>56222597
its will be super shit for you as it is much worse then greece but i think people will respect you so there is a chance you can get used to it but you better look if there are some fellow Greeks there because you cant fully trust the other native common people
>>
>>56223295
>will be super shit for you as it is much worse then greece

It looks nice from the vids I have watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ahMg-6x2Ak
Have you lived there?
I won't be going alone - we'll be a bit over 100 Greeks going there to work for a US company.
Food, transportation to and from work, and accommodation are paid by the company and the salary will be at least $1000.
>>
>>56223462
>$1000
Why would you move to a shithole like K*rdistan to work for such an awful salary?
>>
>>56224241
That's a good question.
That's what I'm trying to figure out here. That's why I need some of you guys to help me figure out what and where I'm getting myself into. Whether it is worth it or not.
Also, perhaps more opportunities arise (???).

Another thing is that I don't know exactly what MY salary will be. I only know that the minimum is $1000. Salary depends on one's abilities, academic level, and prior experience.
There is a good chance I will get more than that. Perhaps even double or triple. I just don't know at this time.
>>
it's a dangerous place.
>>
>>56222597
should have asked more direct questions,what kind of entertainment exists there,are the grills qt e.t.c
>>
>>56225812
Can you be more specific?
Is erdogan planning on raiding the place any time soon?
I figure that if Americans are investing over there it should be safe enough for us.

>>56226588
Sure, but I don't really care about these things. I'm mostly interested to know whether it is safe, if the food and water is clean, if the people are nice, etc
>>
>>56226828
Nah, Erdogan wouldnt raid a Sunni Kurdish town.
I dont think Americans investing there makes it more secure. On the contrary it might be even more dangerous because Americans aren't really liked in Iraq anymore.
>>
>>56223295
>Arab

>>56224241
>Analsyrian
>>
https://youtu.be/Tvd9vruA91c

:dd
>>
>>56226828
Erdoğan and Barzani is ally btw
>>
>>56227705
what does this mean
>>
>>56226828
I remember liking it the most when I visited the first time, but last time I was there it didn't feel as special as before. All of Kurdistan has been modernized though,. Even the smaller towns have wi-fi, washing machines and showers.
I'm not sure about the water, but I drank it, the people were nice, but I was always with my relatives. I'm not sure about the girls, but there might be some hoes looking for a good dicking, the rest are almost Islamic tier
>>
>>56228767
I was there last spring. It's supposedly gotten a bit worse since then, but I might just go there this summer
>>
>>56228400
It says Greece handed over the PKK leader and stuff even though Greece actually protected the guy and let him escape to Africa.
>>
>>56227477
>>56228767
>>56229070

So, it should be safe for a Greek Orthodox Christian like me, right?
I've read some tourist articles online, and most of them say that people are friendly, and they even greet you on the street.

Anyway, is there anything else I should know?
Is life expensive over there?
How much for a nice apartment/month?
Not very luxurious, but also not a shithole.
Also, how much for groceries, milk, bread, and other little things one uses daily?

Thank you everyone for your answers and your help.
>>
>>56229892
I'd say so. I have no idea whatsoever about the cost of living, but people seem to survive even when they're not being paid
Fun thing I happened to see in a shopping mall, a tall blonde with some Kurd and his parents. She must've been Swedish or Norwegian. The Shopping malls are pretty sick by the way
>>
>>56229892
Life must be extremely cheap there. I mean the basic stuff of course. Because all of our smuggled goods come from there and they are always times cheaper
>>
>>56230461
>>56230666

ok thanks for all the help
:)
>>
>>56231722
is it a construction company?
>>
>>56231797
yes
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.