[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everyone around me telling me that plumbing is not worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
Why is everyone around me telling me that plumbing is not worth it and I should become an electrician instead?
>>
>be australian
>work for Wagga Wagga water department
>have to clear spiders and bugs out of pipes constantly
>never get anything done
>>
>>56204831
this is a failed attempt at banter.
>>
>>56204855

that was a fast reply

are you using a proxy?
>>
Why a plumber when you can be an electrician.
>>
>>56204786
because based turnbull and the ideas boom is moving plumbing online
>>
Well both are good trades. I guess it boils down to marketability. Does straya have an abundance of plumbers and lack of electricians?
>>
>>56204886

>decide to instead work for Wagga Wagga electrical department
>tellyphone wires don't work, drop bears keep breaking them
>>
>>56204786
Don't do either, become an HVAC technician
>>
>>56204786
be an elevator mechanic
>>
>>56204910
>tellyphone
>>
>>56204938
to scary

>>56204904
not sure to be honest I'm thinking more plumber cause I don't want to climb up ladders all the time and in crawl spaces.
>>
Both of those tradie cunts make good cash. Depends where you work. I got a sparky mate and he's on 30 an hour. Heaps mathy but.
>>
>>56204786
be a chemical engineer (glorified plumber)
>>
>tfw I was literally just preparing my cover letter for a mature age plumbing apprenticeship

Sparkies earn more due to the dangerous nature of the work, but plumbers are just under them I think.

I'm shit at math so I decided plumbing.
>>
>>56205391
yeah I'm pretty shit in the maths department but all my friends who are electricians say they have worked with heaps of dumb cunts before.
>>
>>56205425

Yeah I dunno. I used to work out with a mate of mine who changed over from engineer in navy to civvie sparky and the maths he was doing was fucking crazy shit. You gotta pass 100% on lots of tests too, anything to do with compliance or safety and shit
>>
>>56205498
Yeah that's what I was thinking also another thing if employers want to see my mathematical ability before they hire me I'm fucked so I think I'll go down the plumber/gas fitter route.
>>
>>56204786
HE WANTS TO HANDLE THE POO POO HAHA AUSTRALIANS WANT TO HANDLE THE POO POO
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.