[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that France is the USA's greatest ally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 886_001.jpg (120 KB, 1019x703) Image search: [Google]
886_001.jpg
120 KB, 1019x703
Is it true that France is the USA's greatest ally
>>
>>56194087
Nah, It's Canada. They speak essentially the same English as us, probably closest culturally, and is part of NATO. France has a bit of Anglo-phobic tendencies, and USA continues to hold many stereotypes of French people.
>>
>>56194087
France wanted to BTFO the Brits.
>>
File: 0676.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0676.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
ay france you wanna piece a me?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2PxbBPyhc
>>
I hope not, lol
>>
>>56195154
lol
>>
>>56195154
Haha lol xD
>>
>>56194782
t. mountie
>>
>>56195154
hehehe
>>
>>56194782
You seem confused.
Quebecois like France, France doesn't like/care about Quebec, and most of Canada dislikes both.
>>
it's probably bolan
>>
It's Morocco, of course.
>>
>>56195154
rofl
>>
>>56195154
ayy l'mao ;D
>>
>>56195154
Huhuhu
>>
>>56195154
Of couse not, LMFAO
>>
>>56195400
>Québecois like France

I don't know
But here, we don't hate them !
>>
>>56195154
Positively hilarious, darling.
>>
>>56195665
desu they're like Bostonites to Ireland
they are also extremely pretentious and think they're above anglos, when they're essentially a cultural reserve under rule of a British queen
>>
>>56195400
Quebecers hate France. Essentially because the French abandoned them to be conquered by Britain, it caused a general angst towards them for centuries
>>
>>56194087
Yes they were especially during WWI they were loaned a shitload of american military goods/agricultural product.
According to the Dawes plan they were supposed to pay back the US, which is why we were great allies in an economic sense.

On the other hand we were allies because they had a similar revolution for a more progressive democratic government only a few decades after the American Revolution. The French revolution made Americans see them as having similar tastes.

Post WWII it is not true, because as history progressed past WWII the US became less dependent on strong allies, but rather numerous allies due to the Red scare/Cold War whichever you want to call it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.