[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you rank Obama among presidents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: Obama great president.jpg-large.jpg (78 KB, 1024x458) Image search: [Google]
Obama great president.jpg-large.jpg
78 KB, 1024x458
IMIO Obama was a good president.
I would rank him upper middle tier in terms of presidents.
And I'm glad our historians and people in charge of national narrative agree.
They were a bit hard on Bush. He made some mistakes, but he was DARK KNIGHT as fuck taking all the blame for the financial crisis, America being a militant bully, etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States
>#1 Abraham Lincoln
Franklin D. Roosevelt
>#3 George Washington (kind of pissed about this. Washington should be #1. Crushing the Brits as the 13 colonies is WAAAAYYYYYYY harder than crushing southern redneck hicks.)
Thomas Jefferson
Theodore Roosevelt
Harry S. Truman
Woodrow Wilson
Andrew Jackson
Dwight D. Eisenhower
James K. Polk
John F. Kennedy
John Adams
Lyndon B. Johnson
James Madison
Ronald Reagan
James Monroe
>#17 Barack Obama
Grover Cleveland
William McKinley
>#20 Bill Clinton
John Quincy Adams
George H. W. Bush
William Howard Taft
Martin Van Buren
Rutherford B. Hayes
Gerald Ford
Jimmy Carter
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison
Calvin Coolidge
James A. Garfield
Herbert Hoover
Richard Nixon
>#34 George W. Bush
Zachary Taylor
Ulysses S. Grant
John Tyler
Millard Fillmore
WilliamHenryHarrison
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
James Buchanan
>>
>>56181433
>Ronald Reagan that high
Over rated.
>>
Trump or Clinton would both be lower than Bush
>>
Nigger/10
>>
Somewhat intelligent, but extremely naive. Maybe Jimmy Carter tier.
>>
Decent President, helped stabilize economy and got us out of wars like he promised. I would've preferred universal healthcare but at least it's a start.
>>
>Obama above Bill Clinton

trashed
>>
>>56181433
>Obama
>above Calvin Coolidge

What a meme.
>>
>>56181433
>Crushing the Brits as the 13 colonies is WAAAAYYYYYYY harder than crushing southern redneck hicks
i dunno about that lad
>Brits were in a large scale war with the French, Netherlands and Spain at the time
>the Brits prioritized the Caribbean colonies over the 13 colonies by far, as those were the money making colonies of the British empire
so basically, the brits didn't want to deal with your rebellious bullshit while dealing with a world war and protecting colonies worth far more to them
>>
Of course the stats are going to look great compared to 2009 which was the height of the financial crisis. Meme tier image and I don't even think he was that bad.
>>
>>56183046
>>56183046
>Clinton lower than bush
Mayor I ask why?

I mean bush is pretty much responsible for the patriot act and Isis. His tax cuts have also brought the inequalities to the level they are today.
He was in power at the time of the housing bubble but indeed there wasn't much he could do.
>>
>>56183369
>i dunno about that lad
Yes because Britain was the largest empire of all time, the most power country at the time, and had the greatest navy at the time.

That's like SEA joining up and beating USA today.

Plus their soldiers would LITERALLY run into volleys of musket fire and their deaths if commanded to "Oi righty M8 4 DA KING!"

The American north had all the industry at the time. South had a bit more food production and lucrative economy from farming but it didn't translate well in war.

North had blue collar men as well as industry to make guns and weapons for the war.
South fought with their white men who at times were rich plantation boys who didn't do work themselves. They had little real industry because they just used niggers for everything instead of innovating.
>>
>>56183860
Hilary
>>
Top 2 president of the last 10 years, without a doubt
>>
File: 1452015694769.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1452015694769.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
Ruined any credibility we had abroad and handled racial tensions horribly. Not only that but he was awful at negotiating with the legislature and too often appealed to the public trying to make up for his own inability in politics.

Obama will be remembered as an incompetent, absent and weak president, who's failed message of "change" quickly gave way to frustration among liberals and anger among conservatives, I would place him rightfully in the bottom 20
>>
>>56183968
lad, the 13 colonies weren't even worth holding on to, your taxes were so high because Britain was desparate to reap some profit out of a bad investment
Britain was already getting fugged up by Spain, France, and the Netherlands, all nations who dominated in their navy, and together could cripple the British Empire

2bh its cute to see that Americentrism started literally at the beginning of your nation
>>
File: 1426367301755.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
1426367301755.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>Hayes

I forgot he existed.
>>
>>56183279
>Got us out of wars
You might want to check up on that.
>>
>>56183292
Clinton was still better imo but Obama is an honorable man who brought decency to the office after sixteen years of a literal rapist and a retarded warmonger

That's the big factor for a lot of people
>>
>>56184386
>literal rapist and a retarded warmonger

Bush was a decent man. Good father, good husband, and not a vindictive person like most politicians.

It was the chickenhawks around him like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove who led him into Iraq.

Afghanistan was 100% justified.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sABRosdNg

Never heard 90% of the names in that list desu
>>
>>56181433
Average
>>
will obama be on a dollar note someday?
first negro pres in history
>>
File: HUEHUE.jpg (187 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
HUEHUE.jpg
187 KB, 1000x1000
>>56184113
>Obama was terrible meme
>>
>>56184113
>Ruined any credibility we had abroad
What did we have left after 8 years of Bush?
>>
>>56185370
It may be possible.

He won the Peace Nobel price while being a warmonger just because he's black.
>>
File: 1377631155832.jpg (90 KB, 767x609) Image search: [Google]
1377631155832.jpg
90 KB, 767x609
>>56185370

In the future, he already is
>>
>>56185194
not posting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3biXm77tVD8
>>
>>56181433
Nixon shouldn't be that low. He was a paranoid dick but ultimately got us out of Vietnam and opened trade with China. Obama is maybe around Carter. His foreign policy is garbage; Affordable care act is crap too it only benefited insurance companies, a small group of the uninsured and seniors; He really spoke too much about civil orders like presidents should let the Justice department handle things like that not make statements before everything is known.
>>
>>56183279
>helped stabilize economy
Not really it was an incredibly slow turn around and presidents have limited affect on the economy anyways.
>>
>>56185746
Don't forget OSHA and the EPA. Nixon was based af
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i1pgWWRAoM

When did Presidents stop having power and Lizardjews taking over the gov?
>>
>>56185519
this will never not be hilarious
the whole world fucking hated us because of Bush. are opinion number were rock bottom. then we just put some random nigger in charge and all the euro countries just forgive us because we are so progressive now. we don't even change anything we still bomb the shit out of everyone. they fucking gave him the nobel prize for peace at the same time he gave order to bomb some peasant in some sandy shithole.
>>
obongo a shit
>>
>FDR 2nd
kill yourself
>>
>>56185887
Oh yes! Thank you so much OSHA for making my job more difficult and time consuming! Thank fuck for the EPA decimating the pristine rivers of Colorado and Utah!
>>
>>56183369
>Brits were in a large scale war with the French, Netherlands and Spain at the time
If your talking about our revolution only the French really took part. The Spanish were involved and focused on getting places like Gibralter (they failed), defending their own Carribean colonies), only raided some Carribean settlements where as we were raiding Britain (John Paul Jones), took some forts in the middle of nowhere and defended theirs. Basically their major contribution was money. Other than that they kind of fucked around and failed their own major objective (Gibraltar). The Dutch were involved from 1780 to 1784 with a concurrent war the Brits started regarding Dutch trade with us and others they were fighting. TLDR. It was mostly the French and the Brits started the fight with the Dutch.
>>
>>56184132
>the 13 colonies weren't even worth holding on to,
>t. non-important guy from non-important country in 2016 living under American hegemony
Then Britain shouldn't have fought that war then. We had to slaughter so many many red coats.
>>
>>56181433
Pretty average. I don't think he will go down in history as an exceptionally good or bad President.

>washington
>crushed the brits

France won the war, Washington lost almost every battle he participated in.
>>
>>56186464
>>56186699
2bh lads, the French allied troops outnumbered your troops in that war, if anyone takes credit for the win, it should be them
>>
File: 1453853185938.jpg (119 KB, 800x608) Image search: [Google]
1453853185938.jpg
119 KB, 800x608
>>56186259
>Thank you so much OSHA for making my job more difficult
I'm guessing you're one of those idiot contractors that think a rope tied to your belt and a deck railing counts as fall protection.
>>
>>56187348
That math doesn't add up. Though they were important especially with supplies (90% of our powder) and Navy wrecking the Brits. Also volunteers like Lafayette were incredibly important but so we're Pulaski, Stueben, Kovats, Kościuszko, etc.

"Over the course of the war, about 231,000 men served in the Continental Army, though never more than 48,000 at any one time, and never more than 13,000 at any one place. The sum of the Colonial militias numbered upwards of 145,000 men.
France also dispatched a substantial force to North America beginning in 1779, with more than 12,000 soldiers and a substantial fleet joining the Colonial Americans by wars end."
>>
>>56187397
I'm one of those guys who think it's none of the governments business how I do my job. They're not paying me. In fact, I'm paying them so this should work the other way around.
>>
>>56183860
>>Clinton lower than bush
>Mayor I ask why?
He's a Brit and the Brits had good relations with US under Bush who got along with tony blair and the royals.
>>
>>56183860
He's a retard. Or maybe because Bush's name is George and thus his training compels him to bow and kiss Bush's shoes.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.