[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gustavus Adolphus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Gustav_Adolf.jpg (3 MB, 1848x2520) Image search: [Google]
Gustav_Adolf.jpg
3 MB, 1848x2520
>tfw this guy could have taken over the HRE in 1632 during the 30 years war.

Fuck :DDDDD
>>
>>56177620
>HRE
>>
File: Voltaire-lisant.jpg (217 KB, 831x1000) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire-lisant.jpg
217 KB, 831x1000
>holy
>roman
>empire
>>
>>56177620
Kind of hard when you're killed fighting in said war.
>>
>>56177634
>>56177703
Anyone know why they named their shit to HRE when it wasn't anything like it?

>>56177807
Huh, you don't say.

Seriously though i wonder what would have been accomplished if he took over the German throne. He was a very good king imo.
>>
>>56177857
because the germans thought they wuz romanz and sheeit
THE GERMANS
let me repeat it
THE
GERMANS
>>
>>56177920
kek
>>
>>56177857
>Seriously though i wonder what would have been accomplished if he took over the German throne. He was a very good king imo.

Sweden would got its independence from germany in 1945 that is what would have happened
>>
>>56178976
Nigga what are you on about?
>>
>>56179215

so lets say he actually would be the emperor of the HRE that would mean he would bring sweden into it. He would die and since the emperor was elected someone else would be emperor but sweden would be still HRE clay.
It would probably still be for the rest until bismarck united germany. And we would loose you after ww1 but re annex you in ww2.
>>
>>56177620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLt0lerdgKs
>>
>>56177620

Hey I went to that school!
https://gustavus.edu
>>
File: moctezuma_xocoyotzin.jpg (160 KB, 456x620) Image search: [Google]
moctezuma_xocoyotzin.jpg
160 KB, 456x620
i am going to denounce you
>>
>>56179376
If he took over the Throne it wouldn't be fucking "HRE" anymore, he was a protestant while the Imperial cucks were catholic. We'd just suck all that clay into a Swedish empire.
>>
>>56179688
>swedish delusion
kek
>>
>>56180233
Pretty sure it's logical.
>>
>>56180371
his troops where 80% german. Sure this nigger come on german soils. Apparently wins and annexed the 10 bigger HRE into small swedish empire with not even half of its populations and the german states are fucking fine with that.
>>
>>56180440
Sure not all of the German states would agree, but states in the north and places like Bohemia would surely, also the French supported a Swedish rule of HRE lands.

People seemed to underestimate Sweden back then, we won wars against empires like HRE and later the russian empire while fighting the polish and the Danish.

Sure in the end we lost big time.
>>
>>56180562

France didnt support Swedish rule over the HRE they just wanted to see Sweden as a aggressor in the war not as a winner.
Also the only reason Sweden was able to won against the HRE was of its situation in the 30 years war. Its not like you actually took a fight against unified HRE and won. You came late and fought germans with other germans. Only 13000 of his troops where from sweden. I guess you overestimate sweden a little bit.
>>
>Gustavus Adolphus
Number #1 king
>>
>>56180786
Why do the hard work when we can use pseudo-polish toilet cleaners that is the german people.
>>
>>56177620
Breitenfeld best day of my life
>>
>>56180861
weak arguements.

Germans decided to fight for him because they fought for the survival of their religion inside the HRE not because he was a good king or even a good commander.

Take your superior sweden hur dur thinking back to your arab shithole. In the end it was the germans who also fucking shot him dead. :)
>>
>>56180786
When he landed almost all soldiers were Swedish, but as the war went on obviously a lot of swedes died and he had to replace them, as well as simple reason that there were not enough swedes to fight the much bigger catholic states.
>>
>>56181009
>German talking about Sweden being an arab shithole

Enjoy your 600million refugees Hans Cuckstein
>>
File: lbHcchL.jpg (352 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
lbHcchL.jpg
352 KB, 5000x5000
>Cucked by toilet cleaners
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trzciana
>>
>>56182531
>>56181009

Don't worry, both of you will be Arab states. This argument will be moot in a few decades.
>>
>>56185020
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trzciana

Tbh this was one of my favorite ones in History class.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.