[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a serious international discussion about space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1452000543035.png (24 KB, 381x392) Image search: [Google]
1452000543035.png
24 KB, 381x392
Let's have a serious international discussion about space colonization here.
>>
first for martian weed
>>
>>56131928
Do you support terramofring Mars with nukes?
>>
>>56131928

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers did it first. It's called Martian Red.
>>
>>56131986
why nukes?
>>
Question of the day: should Muslims be allowed into space?

Second question: should Israel be relocated to outer space?
>>
>>56132044
To melt the ice on poles.
http://www.iflscience.com/space/elon-musk-says-we-could-terraform-mars-dropping-thermonuclear-bombs-it

>>56132060
No and no.
>>
>>56131560

My benin made space in ur moms colon m8
>>
>>56132060
>>56132112
Fuck off kikes, honestly
>>
>>56132144
No offense Poland, but we're asking the relevant countries here...
>>
>>56132088
Nukes would also spread a lot of dangerous radioactive isotopes across mars. It would be better to seed it with some kind of bacteria/algae that produce CO2.
>>
>>56131560
Space belongs to Alberto Barbosa by birthright and the prophet's will
>>
>>56132088
I support melting poles with nukes.
>>
>>56132184
Carl Sagan's idea to use that strategy on Venus was already demonstrated to be impossible, sounds like Mars would be no better, too cold, atmosphere is too thin, not enough sunlight, not enough easy access to a hydrogen source.
>>
>>56132244
good one
>>
>>56132283
>Venus
Well yeah, no shit. If we engineered them right then we could possibly get them to survive and reproduce on Mars. It would take a long time but it would be better than nuking the only source of clean water on the planet.
>>
>>56132390
>If we engineered them right
Maximum sunlight on Mars is ~590W/m2, at the equator.

Good luck engineering something biological that can work properly with a small fraction of the Earth's sunlight at the Martian poles, operate in the cold, survive the winds and dust storms, the low pressure (algae are designed to function in higher pressures) and still reproduce, especially without access to a proper source of hydrogen
>>
>>56132567
Things live at the bottom of the ocean and near the top of the atmosphere, I'm sure we could make something that would survive on Mars. It would take ages as (as you say) there isn't much readily available energy on Mars but lacing all of Mars's water with dangerous radioactive isotopes seems like a really bad idea to me.
>>
>>56132665
You still need a decent amount of liquid water for it to work.

I propose that instead of trying to engineer algae that would take millions of years to accomplish the task due to the necessarily slow metabolism, we do the following:

-Drill a couple million holes into each Martian ice-cap

-Insert rods that will heat the ice around them, power source still up for discussion

-Then insert regular algae along with something like Antarctic krill to help with the ecosystem
>>
We are fake clones of ancient greek, the original ones had african phenotypes and they left earth with ancient acropolis ufo's.
>>
>>56137080
t. turk
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.