[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Feel like I have to learn a Romantic language just because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1457383132416.jpg (571 KB, 1163x1938) Image search: [Google]
1457383132416.jpg
571 KB, 1163x1938
>Feel like I have to learn a Romantic language just because it's more practical
>Try Spanish, Portuguese, and French for two years
>bored
>German, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese are all infinitely more interesting to me
>Ran AnkiAniki today, completely amused by memorizing moonrunes
>It's like a guy bending over with a funny hat! Is that how every Asian learns these?!?!
>Feel guilty and pick up a French book
>Forget some verb conjugation and already feel bored thinking about relearning that shit just to nail it down again

Why can't there be more Germans and Asians here? I seriously cannot justify learning German or an Asian language other than the novelty factor and being able to read literally Chinese cartoons and anime/manga/visual novels

God I wish I was 14 so I could spend all that time and play all those games on emulators but I just can't now. Please give me more justification for the Asian languages or even German. They're just so NEW and exotic to me
>>
>>56122839
I learned the most pointless language ever and got a job out of it simply because I was so passionate about it.

Stick with the languages that excite you or else you will just fool around and learn nothing.
>>
try c++
>>
>>56122839
you could easily learn German and a romance language at the same time. Once you get used to learning conjugations (which are much easier in german) and word order crafting it's pretty much just vocab memorizing.
>>
>>56122839
I learn Japanese just because I know fags who are fluent on Skype and it's fun

>>56122909
this. learn gcc or clang. you'll have a fucking blast
>>
>>56122921

>German easier than romance in any possible way

delusional cuck
>>
>>56122941
I'd learn French except the pronunciations are really really hard
>>
>>56122941
come on, German sentence crafting is intuitive as fuck and ridiculously straightforward. Same with the vocab and conjugation. It's just a lot more word memorizing since many words rely on other words to form them. Plus German is clear as hell making for really easy comprehension.
Meanwhile with French just getting good at understanding speech is absolute hell.
>>
>>56122941
Honestly? German was easier than French for me. Anecdotal but its not like Romance languages are super easy
>>
>>56122952

Doesn't German have the and u and e sound of French too ?

>>56122971

>sentence crafting

Romance (French included) is Noun + Verb + Complement

Mohammed détruit une église.
>>
>>56122929
>>56122909
Are you memeing me or being serious?

I'm learning Python and going on to C next, the other C such as C++ and C# I've read should be after those two, because they introduce new programming dogmas

I'm just repeating what I've read so you're free to challenge that

Personally I'm just staying away from Java because it's in such demand that I will probably be enticed to pick up one book and say I'm a master at it
>>
>>56123168
C is good to learn first if you want to get into the "nitty gritty" and learn your way from hardest to easiest.
>>
>>56123012
Spoken French is often quick, cuts out parts of words, and has many soft sounds. This makes it a bitch and a half.
>>
>>56123192
As you can tell from my OP post, I like the idea of going from familiar languages to the not familiar

In programming, I chose the Python+C route because I want to get into electronics, and I also feel like C opens up every door, from C++ to Java etc
>>
>>56123262
C is definitely great if you want to get into electronics. It's pretty much the industry standard for embedded programming as far as I know. That and assembly, but assembly is a fucking nightmare.
>>
Chinese is fun to learn t.b.h
>>
>>56123290
I heard, I've saved some /g/ posts and YouTube videos for when I ever if ever I pick up assembly

I think the day I pick up assembly and know enough to appreciate it is the day I try to become an emulator dev. Maybe I can learn Chinese and make mod chips and get China manufacturers to make it

>>56123333
I understand that now, being able to memorize an incredibly foreign symbol is extremely rewarding
>>
>>56123399
memory is only part of it, the symbols themselfs look nice too.

Also the grammar is godlike.
>>
>>56122952
why do Americans find French so difficult? You just cut off the last letter in most words it is not hard
>>
>>56123399
Emulator dev seems really exciting once you know enough

The most complicated thing I've done is a German enigma machine simulator and some save game editors
>>
>>56123643
you mean you cut the last six letters in each word
>>
>>56122839

I'm more interested in languages like Arabic, Farsi, Hosni, ect.

I'm the only /MENA/ fag I guess, seems like everyone is super into Asians (Not West, always East) or Europe

I'm so lonely
>>
>>56123168
Python is OK, it has a lot of difficulties with Python 2 vs Phython 3

That's why I've selected a different programming language.
>>
>>56123643
because French people don't pronounce half of their spoken words

and most Americans learn Spanish despite having a multitude of foreign languages available AND most municipalities require two foreign languages to graduate
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.