[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the Texas of your country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: texas-physical-map.gif (612 KB, 1412x1309) Image search: [Google]
texas-physical-map.gif
612 KB, 1412x1309
What are the Texas of your country?
>>
The South.
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Alberta.svg.png (105 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Alberta.svg.png
105 KB, 2000x1000
In both the good and bad ways
>>
Is the Texas accent the same as Southern?
>>
>>56116679
It's Western Southern in denial.
>>
>>56116679
It's the better and cuter.
>>
>>56116585
Murcia, probably.
>>
>>56116679
No. Texas accent sounds a lot different from a Georgia accent, for example.
>>
File: typical_residents_of_chile.jpg (960 KB, 1200x828) Image search: [Google]
typical_residents_of_chile.jpg
960 KB, 1200x828
>>56116679
texas is gruffer/rounder vowels

pic related, typical texans
>>
>>56116585

Alberta.

Pro oil.
Pro christianity.
Pro right wing.
Wear cowboy hats.
>>
>>56116679
No most states are so large that they have an accent of their dialect. While it may seem absurd that every individual American state would have one you have to realize that they are very big and the range for a single accent is probably in similar size to the range of one or two European dialects.

The dialect regions are North, South, West, Midlands for reference, North is the Northeast+Great Lake shores, West is the West, South is the South, Midlands is the gap inbetween the described areas. They all have regional accents.
>>
>>56116774
>Pro christianity only in one province

Has Canada fallen this far?
>>
>>56116679
for general purposes yeah but it's distinct enough to be considered its own thing
>>
>>56117492
Canada is still majority Christian across the board but religion isn't taken as seriously here as in the US. It's literally never brought up in politics and it's not really brought up much at all, doing so is almost taboo.

We actually have separation of Church and State, you just pretend to
>>
>>56117784
>We actually have separation of Church and State, you just pretend to
yea i get it, it's sort of like how we have national sovereignty and you just pretend to
>>
Córdoba probably
>>
>>56117836
Who is invading our sovereignty?

We have to scramble F16's to chase Russia off our Arctic border every 6 months, but besides that I don't see your point besides memes
>>
>>56116717
My family come from Murcia. Why users from Spain almost never talk about Murcia? It's a shittyhole?
>>
>>56116585
Texas
>>
>>56117784
We do, it's just not separated from Christ :^)
>>
>>56118094
God Bless America :^)
>>
>>56118136
No less :^)
>>
>Resource rich
>Economic powerhouse subsidising the rest of the country
>Full of nice, genuine people with their own distinct culture
>Jokes about seceding all the time
>Some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country
>The biggest and best of everything

Western Australia for sure.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.