[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm from USA >he's from Brazil >he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1457415665442.jpg (98 KB, 983x752) Image search: [Google]
1457415665442.jpg
98 KB, 983x752
>I'm from USA
>he's from Brazil
>he's from Norway
>he's from Italy
>he's from France
>he's from Argentina
>he's from Russia
>he's from Sweden
>he's from UK
>we spend our collective time in this world shit posting about how other countries are so good/bad. Yet our standard of living is all piss poor

23 hours per day I spend in my room. I could literally be in Belarus and my quality of life would be exactly the same.
>>
fuck you guys
>>
File: doanythingelse.png (54 KB, 1307x306) Image search: [Google]
doanythingelse.png
54 KB, 1307x306
>>
I joined /int/ to learn French.
I stayed for the memes. Then I quit for a while but the /int/ crossboarding shitposters on /ck/ made me nostalgic so I came back.
I regret coming back.
>>
/int/ is fine, you just lost control.

If you hate /int/ you will hate everything.

Learn to live sometime.
>>
>>56080325
>23 hours a day in your room
are you in jail mate?
>>
File: 1415338369135.png (340 KB, 564x1086) Image search: [Google]
1415338369135.png
340 KB, 564x1086
>>56080584
Every time I see this. I know he's right.

And I'm still here.

I quit smoking cold turkey for fucks sake.
>>
All diferent, all shitposters. Damn, what times to be living in.
>>
>>56080584

8 years in this fucking hellhole
>>
>>56080325
But Belarus is better than USA, kurwa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rHjakawG8M
>>
>>56080584
You've posted this before and I will repeat the same thing
4chan is not just free mini-ego trips, it represents something that other free mini-ego trips does not have, there is no upvote button and there is no top topic of the day and there is no point system for participation. As far as superiority goes, there is nothing aside from rare flags cancerous trip and namefags that can denote any kind of freedom from temporality. 4chan is the message board of the anonymous, you cannot hope to be a person on this site because the point of this site is to hide your identity, you are everyone and no one at the same time. Your ego is fake because no one can recognize you. It can only survive in the posts but posts are not people.

You can leave it but if you don't know why you are addicted you might never be able to leave it entirely.

4chan allows you to type whatever you want without responsibility. You can pretend to be anyone and post anything without people knowing who you are. It is as I have said a few times on this board the last true freedom you can have. Being anonymous is more powerful than anyone has the sense to realize. You are addicted to freedom.

You can one-post OP, you can complain about no gf, you can spew racism and misogynist all day and expect the same from others without stigmatization

This is 4chan, for now.

If you want the things you've mentioned in that picture you can go to reddit and be happy there.
>>
File: 4chan tragedy.jpg (103 KB, 945x365) Image search: [Google]
4chan tragedy.jpg
103 KB, 945x365
>>56080325
>>
>>56081187
another mistake
4chan posters are not people-people
they are anonymous-people
it is not tragedy, that is the point
>>
>>56081187

do you have the Finnish guy's post from krautchan?
>>
>>56081064
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps?
Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to.
Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
>>56081064
>*FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT*
>>
>>56081267

Have you ever read a post on /b/ and wondered whether or not it is copy pasta? It is almost as though half the posts are pasta. Maybe they all are. Maybe this one is. Maybe it is not. Maybe it will become pasta at some point in time. Maybe it will be pasta'd over and over in this very thread. Maybe more threads will be made filled with this post. Although I fear it, I wouldn't doubt it.
>>
>>56081064
Yes 4chan at its core is a free community and so ideally would have a decent set of values, but that's not what happens as we all know.

You can't seriously claim "You're addicted to freedom" without ignoring the multitude of other factors that draw people into this site. People do not ignore the toxic community here, they actively participate in it. You cannot divorce the free ability to post here with the content that exists on this site.

The other post is critiquing the actual community and the content that is posted here regularly and your argument is to ignore that and look at the core functionality of the site. Yes 4chan's free ethos is admirable, but look what has become of it. This site is nothing without its toxic content and you can't simply ignore that.

People are not addicted to the ability to post here, they are addicted to the effortless stream of content posted here 24/7 - the pressure free social interaction as the screencap put it. They are free to leave any time but users always come back. Just as drug addicts are free to stop using whenever they want.
>>
>>56081408
> drug addicts are free to stop using whenever they want
drug addicts are being oppressed by a cruel and unjust society that prevents them from leaving their self-inflicted prison
>>
>>56080325
Don't badmouth Belarus.
>>
>> 56081064
Another thing to note is that you seem to be under the impression that there is no sense of social validation to be found on 4chan since we're all anonymous.

That couldn't be further from the truth. An instant reply is far more gratifying than a vote total. The active nature of threads here means that people are always waiting for their replies.

When posting on reddit users don't expect replies for several hours. On 4chan users hover over the update button expecting instant gratification and social acknowledgement.

In terms of social participation that is far more addictive. The expectation that there is a stream of constantly occurring content.
>>
>>56081518
Society being responsible for a self inflicted problem is an oxymoron.

The social judgement is a factor I agree, but all addictions are primarily driven by the addict. Whether it's internet, drugs or food - the pattern is the same.
>>
>>56081267
>>56081277
>>56081289
I don't know how to convince you other than to ask you to go spend a few hours on reddit or 9gag. Or even facebook

4chan is doubly addictive because your shame can only survive as long as one post. This is the temporality. Your can live as an avatar in those sites, an alter ego. Other people can know that your alter is an individual. Those places are escapes of the whole. But 4chan is specifically not. You live in your posts. This is the moment. This the addiction.

>>56081408
I don't readily partake in those generation of nothingness, but they are not without merit in itself. Repetition of memes can only but so fun after so long, but it is the urgency of boredom that makes people want to make something else, or at least try to. What other people use this place for I don't know but you cannot ignore the fact that there are some things that are allowed here that is not allowed on those other sites. Without trash there would be no diamonds

Content is old and stale it is the expectation to see miracles that makes people come back.
>>56081548
Addiction is not satisfaction. It is worthy to wait hours or even days to expect a serious reply. The real substance of the inability to leave is the fear of missing out because experience tells you that the fast replies are usually the worst.
>>
>>56081543
look vladimir putin has come to save the day
>>
The worst thing is how very real the consequencs are sometimes.

Like the oregon shooter who came from r9k. 4chan radicalized him. We are partially responsible for the deaths of those people. OF course ultimately the responsibility is on him for doing the deed, but you know. We create this site together.

Sure it's all fun and games here but then there's those families who will never see their kids again because of the warped climate in this place. It's clear it's not for everyone, some people don't understand that it's meant to be ironic
>>
>>56080648
This tbqh
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.