[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is soccer a girly sport in the usa? girls here hate soccer!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: kbFuXZ20.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kbFuXZ20.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
why is soccer a girly sport in the usa?

girls here hate soccer! wtf

why is it the opposite in the u.s.?
>>
Public colleges have to have an equal number of men's and women's sports. Since soccer is cheap they just tacked that on to fill spots, which lead to scholarships to fill these teams. Parents realized if their daughter played soccer they could get a full-ride scholarship.
>>
>>56078370
pls tell me more about this connection of sports and scholarships in america
>>
>>56078304
Volleyball and softball were the most popular girl sports when I was in high school.
Soccer was definitely known for the guys there.
>>
>>56078406
>Play a sport in high school
>Be really good at it
>College recruiter offers to give you a full-ride as long as you play for them
>>
because you can be a pathetic little 5 foot manlet and play soccer well, which basically makes it a girls sport
>>
File: 1455682057587.jpg (45 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
1455682057587.jpg
45 KB, 400x308
>>56078448
>>
>>56078415
girls here love to play handball and volleyball

softball is played only by qt asian girls here
so watching my college's softball team matches pleases my yellow fever
>>
>>56078406
Football makes a shitload of money if you have a good team, so colleges spend money to pay for the players school (most players are retards who could barely pass hs though). Since football is the biggest draw they get the most scholarship money, usually followed by basketball. Other sports have scholarships, but they usually end only paying for half of your tuition.
>>
>>56078406
its how stupid kids get into good colleges

literally you can be average intelligence but get into Ivy League school if you are really good at sports and you will get full ride. Colleges do this since good sports teams get them TV revenue since college sports are popular here and they like to promote school spirit and shit.

Soccer is basically meaningless to play as a guy though here, its only useful for girls. Same with volleyball
>>
>>56078559
can you get in harvard law school just by playing soccer? or those scholarships only applys to meme degrees?
>>
>>56078610
You can use your scholarship for anything, sometimes D1 football players are premed and make decent grades.

They usually just major in sports management or poultry science
>>
File: hop-52b1d4cc6fc1b.jpg (35 KB, 450x328) Image search: [Google]
hop-52b1d4cc6fc1b.jpg
35 KB, 450x328
>>56078406
>connection of sports and scholarships in america

This would make for a far more interesting thread, OP. Yes, stupid kids can go to school for playing sports.
>>
>>56078304
because men play football
>>
>>56078610
Yeah, my friend spent all of her free time in High School doing sports, and it exponentially increased her chance of getting excepted into a really, really good university.

Once she was in, she immediately stopped her commitment to sports and focused on her biology degree, and the college was mad as hell but couldn't do anything about it.

Sports are an incredibly reliable way to stack the odds in your favor when applying to colleges in the U.S. Not sure how it is in Europe or Brazil though.
>>
>>56078610
It varies by college but many will allow you into most of the majors if you are somewhat competent

for example if you are a dumb jock you aren't going to be allowed into college of engineering portion of university but if you are above average smart you can probs make it into law and stuff like that

they also make it really hard for you to fail out once you are in because if you fail you are kicked off the team and they don't want you to leave

most just go for pol science or athletic med and other meme majors
>>
>>56078304
I played it a lot in elementary and loved it. Then I got sucked into baboon-concussion and literally enjoyed none of it for 4 years. And im a pretty big guy. Fuck American football tbchwy
>>
>>56078304
>calling football "soccer"
Kindly end your miserable life.
>>
>>56078825
Meant to say 7 years
>>
>>56078821
this

my average friend was great at football and got accepted to University of Washington for it (not amazing school but still very good). Immediately quit football and focused on mechanical Engineering, ended up being accepted into college of Engineering when he met credit requirements to apply

American colleges are hollistic TbH, they care about whether or not you are good at stuff other than academics.
>>
File: womens football.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
womens football.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>
>>56078559
Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships

>>56078610
Not Harvard Law School or any other graduate program usually. The sports are for undergrads only in almost all cases. There are occasions were there might be a graduate student who is still playing for one extra year if they didn't play one of their previous 4.
>>
>>56078968
>Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships

ivy leagues generally (varies by which one) give full rides to anyone from a family making less than ~100,000 which is basically every getting in from pure athletics
>>
File: wogball.webm (1 MB, 696x382) Image search: [Google]
wogball.webm
1 MB, 696x382
>>56078951
much better than """""""mens""""""" povertyball
>>
soccer is a girls sport
>>
>>56079436
Every sport beside hockey is for girls.
>>
>>56078304
In the U.S. it's like this

>Football
Jocks and mostly assholes, the "popular" kids
>Soccer
Bro-tier, nice, non-douchey. Soccer teams are usually best friends, while football players often hate their own teammates.
>Baseball
Studs
>Hockey
usually irrelevant but pretty cool. Not very popular
>>
Because to play handegg you must get muscles and a shit ton of fat.
Football burns fat.
Girls don't like to be fat.

Do the math.
>>
>>56078304
Because to play basketball you have to be a nigger, to play handegg you have to be a 200kg shapeless ball of fat and to play baseball you have to be an out-of-shape tight-pants wearing faggot willing to play the most boring 'sport' to ever exist.
>>
File: patriotico42.jpg (43 KB, 570x399) Image search: [Google]
patriotico42.jpg
43 KB, 570x399
Here is full of girls who love football
Also full of guys who love football

But the most popular sport for girls is volleyball
>>
>>56079727
Women don't like sports. Girls in the pic or Italy love cool men, not football
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.