[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 384x384
What happened to that old badass USA that fought for what was right and wasn't afraid of nothing?
>>
2017 brother
>>
>>56075918

>"fought for what was right"
>>
that's a double negative
>>
>>56076164
>>56076164
>The key to understanding the former examples and knowing whether a double negative is intensive or negative is finding a verb between the two negatives. If a verb is present between the two, the latter negative becomes an intensifier which does not negate the former, contrary to popular perception thereof.

ie, nothing is the amplification of was not afraid

...was right and wasn't afraid (at all)
>>
>>56076164
i coudnt care less
>>
>>56075918
We've never thought for what was right. WWI, WWII, etc, were only because if the allies lost, our economy would be fucked.
>>
>>56075918
We've literally been killing as many Muslims as we can.

Fuck you Brazil, why don't you do something for once.
>>
And when was this?
>>
>>56076388
that is your job not ours
>>
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IRWyLHoCqTU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo
>>
>>56075918
America realized that everything they do would be cockblocked by the international community
so we just have the cia work from the shadows.
instead of fighting a country and having the UN try to charge us with crime we can just achieve the same goals by funding rebels to fight for us.
>>
>>56076514
literally did 100 pushups to this now
it was empowering as fuck
>>
>>56075918
It never existed. The US was born from a civil war instigated by a clique of wealthy merchants who didn't want to pay taxes to the state that had invested a lot of money to make their business possible and it only went downhill from there.
>>
>>56076674
This.
>>
>>56076674
>it only went downhill from there
Hard to tell now. If not WWI, things could be different.
>>
Obama.

Not saying that his Realist idealism is entirely negative compared to the idealism of the neocons under Bush, but it certainly has its downs along with the ups, and his incapacity to shape and react quickly and decisively to the choices available is certainly not a point in his favor.
>>
>>56076674
those taxes were because of the 7 years war
americans didn't want to pay taxes for some european blood feud that barely involved them
>>
>>56076674
*increased tax or a foreign war in which they had no say and the housing of the army in private homes
>>
>>56075918
The old USA disappeared once the Cold War started.
>>
>>56076838
>>56076945
>"Fuck my countrymen, I shouldn't have to pay for goverment expenditures that did not benefit me personally."
Sometimes 'murricans disgust me.
>>
>>56077474
America isn't an ethnic nation state lad
>>
Jews and Feminism 2bh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.