[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theoretically, would the Mayans, Aztecs and Inca have benefitted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (10 KB, 265x355) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
10 KB, 265x355
Theoretically, would the Mayans, Aztecs and Inca have benefitted or not if they were to have come into contact with the Romans?
>>
What kind of drugs have you been using son?

Or is it too much Civilization V?

Be honest with me
>>
File: 1444017303538.jpg (59 KB, 511x381) Image search: [Google]
1444017303538.jpg
59 KB, 511x381
They would have been BTFO by diseases
>>
>i'll speak like I know everything of what would've happened in a hypothetical situation in which I probably have no understanding of most of the parameters that may have/may have not affected its development: the thread
>>
Were there literally no civilizations in brazil? Were they just all monkeys back in ancient times?
>>
>>56072353
>Theoretically, would the Mayans, Aztecs and Inca have benefitted or not if they were to have come into contact with the Romans?
The romans existed 1000 years before the incans
>>
>>56072353
no
ps: >>>/his/
>>
>>56072472
A) low population density
B) people hadn't lived there for as long as they lived in North America
C) for the people that did live there, we don't know much about their civilizations because anything biodegradable gets destroyed in the Amazon
D) it's hard to use the modern day Amazon natives to get information about the people that lived there before European contact because a lot, maybe even most, Amazonian natives are descendants of people that fled the coastal areas to escape colonialism hundreds of years ago
E) that environment is shit for farming and stuff
>>
Latin America would be a futuristic utopia.
>>
>>56072508
Maya existed 1800 years ago
>>
Mongols would've reach the Americas first desu
>>
>>56072643
>latinamerican lefties believe this
>>
File: images.jpg (91 KB, 595x298) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
91 KB, 595x298
>>56072472
honest to god? yes

>>56072651
i think you're wrong but i'm too lazy to google it up
Mayas did exist more or less at the same time as Romans but the apex of their civilization was in the 1100s IIRC
>>
>>56072508
The Incans seem to have advanced very quickly then. Is it that there was some civilisation that became the Incans, in the same way the Greek civilisation was passed on to Rome?
>>
>>56072694
Mayans had proper civilizations around 700BC

Look it up if you don't believe me
>>
>>56072760
nah man, that's for >>>/his/, fuck it
>>
>>56072732
Sort of. They were obsessed with conquering other peoples and assimilating their knowledge into the empire. One of the first things they would do when they conquered a city was send back some of the men to the capital for education so that they could take advancements from one part of the empire and spread it around. Basically since the Inca didn't exist for that long, their whole empire was built on the pre existing civilizations. And civilization in that area started with Norte Chico https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte_Chico_civilization
>>
File: guatemala_kaminaljuyu_488x319.jpg (34 KB, 488x319) Image search: [Google]
guatemala_kaminaljuyu_488x319.jpg
34 KB, 488x319
>>56072694
>>56072760
Even then, the preclassic period extends as far as 1500 BC, with cities such as Kaminaljuyu being settled around that time.
>>
Romans would have oppressed them. Possible genocide.

Why did germanics stay poor, dumb and violent under the Romans?

Because they purposely kept them that way.

That's why the empire lasted so long.

They kept everyone around them a level below.
>>
>>56072922
I think the logistics back then would have made it impossible for the Romans to exert much control in the Americas. Their relationship primarily would have been about trading for their benefit since no one could outright conquer the other.
>>
>>56072922
Assuming Mesoamericans at time of discovery vs. Romans at their height, would Romans be actually able to consistently defeat them in battle? Logistics, let us assume the Romans can get ships to America (or back) in one week.
>>
Benefited.
Would give them early exposure to disease without the pressures of Colonialization
>>
>>56072922
>DA ROMAN IS PUTTING THE GERMANIC MAN DOWN
>>
>>56073275
HE A GOODBOY HE DINDU NUFFIN
HE JUST NEED MORE WOLF PELTS FOR DEM CEREMONIES
>>
Those civilizations collapsed because they didn't have time to adapt and the spanish conquest was insanely fast because of this.

They were highly civilized and I think gradual exposure to disease, gunpowder, horses, steel, etc would have allowed them to develop.

The niggers of the Pampa plains on the other hand were nomad savages who had no chance though.
>>
>>56073232
Impossible to know man, the scenario its just too wacky to even give proper speculation, both armies and civilizations evolved according to their enviroments and terrain, the distance, geography and climate would have been the biggest factors affecting the battlefield.

I guess both armies would end up in a very bad situation when fighting each other.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.