[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If only the left still had someone like Chomsky before he cr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1457381137118.jpg (105 KB, 1208x800) Image search: [Google]
1457381137118.jpg
105 KB, 1208x800
If only the left still had someone like Chomsky before he crawled up his own ass in the 90s. No right winger ever debated with him and came out with their anus intact. He used to be really good at pointing out just how childish and indoctrinated nationalists are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gsFb0uSG5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXY6E7wCZZs

He totally BTFO state worship, private property, and imperialism
>>
File: 1384913611763.png (46 KB, 388x387) Image search: [Google]
1384913611763.png
46 KB, 388x387
>tfw he's going to die soon
>>
>>56063910
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gsFb0uSG5w

1:50: "Well you know, Nazi Germany was also conquering Eastern Europe to advance the values of Christian spiritual civilization and..."

All possibility of rational discussion ended here.
>>
>>56064416
his mind is pretty sharp, he'll be fine
>>
>>56064486
>5:03

"There was a distinction between a very repressive regime which we instituted in 1946 and another regime, I don't know what it would have been, that would have grown out of a victory of the so-called communists."

Talk about transparent dishonesty and feigning stupidity.

"Hurr durr I have absolutely no idea what gommunism would have brought to Greece but I can say with total confidence that the US-backed regime was Satan's armpit."

Uh, yeah.

Noam, man, I think we have a quite good idea of what communism would have bought. Kim Il Sung, Klement Gottwald, and Matias Rakowsi give us a pretty good guess. But you already knew that, didn't you, you shameless, shameless, person, you.
>>
I'm actually listening to a lecture of his right now go figure. He is based as hell and its too bad most of the left today is only concerned with identity politics instead of more serious issues.
>>
>>56064486

You do realise he was being ironic? That was the Nazi propaganda behind their invasion of Eastern Europe. Please tell me you're trolling...
>>
>anarchist

he should go to Somalia and list factoids there
>>
>>56066031
That's literally not what is meant by anarchism. He even says it himself:
https://youtu.be/oB9rp_SAp2U
>>
>>56066143
>my speshul snewflake brand of anarchism was never tried before
>>
File: trash.jpg (394 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
394 KB, 778x1018
>>56064486
10:28

"There's more evidence that South Vietnam tried to colonize North Vietnam than counter-versally."
>>
>>56063910
You mean, except that time when Piaget completely destroyed his linguistic theories, so hard that they've only been starting to recover from the last 10 years ? Before that it was not even thinkable to study language acquisition from a linguistic base.
>>
>>56065518
Yeah NC looked superficially more respectable than Tumblr landwhales because of being well-groomed and wearing a suit and tie instead of dyed hair and a nose ring, however his ideas are about the same level of insanity. Just listening to those video clips gave me barely-contained fits of laughter.
>>
>>56066143
did you watch that video?
>anarchism analyses and challenges hierarchy (around 4:30)

what? his shtick is listing factoids and then pooping on american foreign policy or corporations. does he ever propose alternatives?
>>
>>56066733
this
>>
>>56065697
>britshits
>in charge of not being retarded
he clearly meant that by using a Hitler analogy, the quality of the debate instantly went down the toilet
>>
File: 1275212069707.png (222 KB, 367x316) Image search: [Google]
1275212069707.png
222 KB, 367x316
>an anarchist calling anyone else childish

Yes, please tell us more about how your kneejerk opposition to authority or hierarchy is in no way related to your poor relationship with your father
>>
Noam Chomsky is probably the most intelectual man alive. Im envy of his inteligence. Holy fuck. This nigga is smart.
>>
>>56066143
You can tell he's getting senile because he sure rambles a lot more than those videos from the 70s-80s. I can't even follow what, if any, point he's making there.
>>
>>56066733
This is why I can't take leftards seriously. That comical double standard. Oh how turrible we sent troops to Honduras in the 1900s to collect debts. But it was totally ok for Soviet and Cuban proxies to start guerrilla movements in Latin America that caused civil wars and led to tens of thousands of deaths, amirite? No, that wasn't imperialism nosireebob.
>>
>>56066841
Nononono. I meant when he said the Nazis wanted to spread the blessings of Christian civilization in EE is where he went off the rails. Evidently NC is that uneducated to think that Hitler went to church every Sunday.
>>
>>56067415
well, that too is another good point

but even if Hitler was trying to spread "Christian civilization in Eastern Europe", resorting to reductio ad Hitlerum is simply pathetic and instantly kills any chance of having a quality debate.
>>
>>56067415
He was talking about propaganda, you stupid ameriblubber.

This is describes americans ITT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEFlLcmhSg
>>
>>56067896
You can't hardly expect much from a board filled with teens and /pol/tards...
>>
>>56067896
But even so, Nazi propaganda in regards to the war in the east was axed much more around the idea of lebensraum (i.e. "rightful clay") than around the idea of spreading Christian values. In fact, Nazi propaganda hardly invoked Christianity.
>>
>>56067576
I know...Godwin's Law...
>>
>>56067896
Are nationalism and patriotism really different terms or are we seperating them to make us feel better about our societies and separating ourselves from the nationalism of the Nazis and the Soviets?
>>
>>56067896
Also, those are incredibly simplistic, reductionist, disingenuous and frankly wrong definitions of patriotism and nationalism. Specifically, nationalism has a wide array of possible definitions and countless possible examples and ideological applications. The only common denominator is the idea of wanting to improve one's nation (be it a political nation, ethnic nation, etc.), which funnily enough is one of the elements he uses to define patriotism.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.