[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /int/ feel about the Cornish language revival?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: cornish.jpg (42 KB, 470x340) Image search: [Google]
cornish.jpg
42 KB, 470x340
How does /int/ feel about the Cornish language revival?
>>
File: 1444492088964.png (597 KB, 645x512) Image search: [Google]
1444492088964.png
597 KB, 645x512
>>56050925
>His language is named after a hen
>>
>>56050925
How's it different from Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHLaewZE61w
>>
God I hate this shit

They do it with the Maori language here too

Half of it is made up on the spot
>>
File: 1445056646443.jpg (11 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1445056646443.jpg
11 KB, 250x244
>>56050947
>His country is named after a light show
>>
>>56051273
It is related to Welsh but they are not mutually intelligible anymore. It is actually closer to Breton than any other language.
>>
>>56051651
>they are not mutually intelligible anymore
Of course they're not mutually intelligible, considering that one of them is extinct.
>>
>>56051730
The modernised, revived versions that are studied today are not mutually intelligible.
>>
Reviving dead languages is really cool, and promotes an understanding of culture and history. Good luck to the Irish, the Navajo, the Cornish, and the Basques.
>>
>>56050925
I like all language revivals

>>56051351
>Half of it is made up on the spot

That's the fun part, anon

I mean it was originally made up on the spot as well

We act like there's something special about old languages because none of us were around to remember the guy walking around calling stuff random sounds and trying to get other people to do it, must have been really cringey at first
>>
the only cool revived language is hebrew
all the others are gay and literally nobody uses them
>>
>>56050925

I'm not particularly fond of the idea but I'll let it slide
>>
I wish all languages died and we spoke only English.

In fact, I wish all non-American people died so Americans could take over the Earth.
>>
>>56053135
If we gotta only have one universal language, please God make it Icelandic or Finnish, not that sad joke English is.
>>
File: GAULED.jpg (636 KB, 1032x1400) Image search: [Google]
GAULED.jpg
636 KB, 1032x1400
You're next, Gaulish, you're next...
>>
I believe that all language revivals are a good thing.
>>
>>56051959
I agree. I'm all for there being one language everyone speaks (might as well be English cause I'm not gonna fucking learn Mandarin) but you shouldn't let the tongue of your forefathers be forgotten.

I really need to get back to learning Cherokee.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPnbwdYbrA
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.