[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that Boston is more Irish than Ireland? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: green-chicago-river[1].jpg (194 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
green-chicago-river[1].jpg
194 KB, 500x329
Can we all agree that Boston is more Irish than Ireland? Their rivers are greener and their people are drunker and pastier
https://youtu.be/x-64CaD8GXw
>>
That's Chicago
>>
File: 1450027332614.jpg (72 KB, 648x520) Image search: [Google]
1450027332614.jpg
72 KB, 648x520
>>
File: 1457185309897.jpg (286 KB, 945x830) Image search: [Google]
1457185309897.jpg
286 KB, 945x830
>>
>>56029831
If they were so tough, why'd the English kick their asses so hard?
>inb4 scotchman claims highlands never conquered
The Highlanders got exiled to Canada by the Lowlanders, basically at the request of England
>>
Nah. Boston seems great though, if I go there will I be treated like a king?
>>
>>56030124
Yes. I went there 2 years ago and got laid 3 times in one week. And I'm a 6/10 at best.
>>
why are there so many Boston mob/crime movies when its probably the whitest and safest large city in the US?
>>
>>56029583
You dumb nigger that's Chicago in your pic
>>
>>56030545
>whitest and safest large city
There are 3 inaccuracies in this statement.
>>
>>56030124
The plastic Paddies will worship you.
>>
>>56031165
And if I speak Irish?
>>
>>56031406
Nobody will understand you

so just like Ireland
>>
>>56031406
They'll say
"What"
>>
>>56030545
>what is Portland Oregon
>>
>>56030545
The northern cities used to all be like that. I'm pretty sure the most infamous ones were (in order) New York, Chicago, Boston.
>>
File: 800px-NYC_murders.png (57 KB, 800x545) Image search: [Google]
800px-NYC_murders.png
57 KB, 800x545
>>56031924
backin u up
>>
>>56032043
>safe in 2001
doubt.png

2bh its still pretty shitty to be in/near. I live within commuting distance of it, and I hate visiting it. Everyone is so unfriendly and annoying.
>>
never seen a crime/gangster movie set in Philly or DC (where the crime/murder rates are near Brazilian levels)
>>
>>56032116
In murder statistics they count events like 9/11 and the OKC bombing as acts of terrorism, leaving them out of murder statistics

I'm not a big fan of cities either. Everyone just blurs everyone else out and rushes to where they have to go
>>
>>56032153
because nobody in Hollywood would fund a movie that depicts black people actually being a problem.
>>
>>56029583
Being a MUH one day a year doesn't make you "Irish"
>>
>>56032194
that makes sense, as those can make the rate useless for its purpose

What city do you live near?
>>
>>56032153
A lot of hollywood crime movies focus on Italian/Irish/Russian mobsters. They're more organized (more potential for plot points), white audiences can somewhat relate to the characters, and are a "safe", PC choice.

However, a lot of that crime has decreased due to FBI crackdowns, and now city crime is dominated by black or Hispanic gang violence. Suburb white audiences cannot relate and hollywood doesn't want to risk appearing racist.

However, there will never be a crime film that beats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4cgs-bPic
>>
>>56032289
I'm outside of Philadelphia. Most of Philly's bad rep comes from nearby Chester and Camden, where an ASSLOAD of crime happens. Philly itself can be really nice, and sort of has an "underdog" reputation because everyone just assumes it's NYC Beta Release.
>>
>>56032446
I went to Camden for a rowing regatta once, holy shit that place is dangerous, I exited the course for just a couple of minutes to grab ice cream and within 5 minutes a gang was already staring me and my friends down
>>
>>56032536
My parents almost got jumped there. Two cars intercepted them, one pulled in front and one behind. The one in front stopped and the one behind pulled up bumper-to bumper. My dad floored it.
>>
>>56030545
because Boston crime is interesting

whitey bulger who ran the criminal under world several years ago was brothers to Mass's senator and one of the most powerful politicians in Boston
He manipulated the FBI to take out all of his rival gangs

after taking over the whole city he decided to raise millions for the IRA and supply them with a shit ton of weapons for basically no other reason than MUH heritage. he had never been to ireland before.

they just made a movie about him with johnny depp. haven't seen it but I heard it was bad.

as for safest city, ya its pretty safe here but there is a lot of drugs. as long as you mind your business and don't be retarded you won't be in any danger in Boston
>>
Top O' the morn til ye yall
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.