[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I visited Brasil in the World Cup, I watched the opening in Sao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
I visited Brasil in the World Cup, I watched the opening in Sao Paulo. I found the city design mostly lifeless in the residential areas, almost all houses had a huge gate that covered all facade.

I went to the "old center" following the recommendations from Trip Advisor, and although the bad state of many buildings, that was the only place in Sao Paulo where I saw some style. Then I saw spread to the city some isolated elegant buildings. I could not explore more of Sao Paulo because I went to Porto Alegre to watch Deutschland

Why did Sao Paulo lost its style? Architecture is not seen as part of the culture for the Brazilians?

(I study architecture)
>>
VIVA BRAZIL
>>
KANGZINHOS AND SHITZINHOS
>>
>>56026740
in the 50's são paulo become the great indulstrial city in brasil, because of this lots companies settled here and with that came a great demand for jobs, and to fill out that demand alot of poorfags from northweast immigrated here transforming downtown into a zombie apocalypse
>>
>>56026866
i think thats the reason at least
>>
>>56026740
>almost all houses had a huge gate that covered all facade.
that's all over Brazil, we have to protect ourselves otherwise we're invaded by thefts
and sometimes they don't even stop the invasions
>>
>>56026740
there are tons of history and architecture hidden in São Paulo, but you need to look for it. There were tons of buildings that were made by famous french and italian architectures back in the day. Especially because the biggest capitalist in São Paulo was Francesco Matarazzo a italian immigrant that became the richest man in Latin America, he alone raised the industry and the city by himself and most of the old architecture got his touch and the old european style. After WW2 the demographic explosion and the baby boom made civil construction one of the most profitable enterprises in Brazil. That is why most new building are made of concrete and got their own style to cut costs. And a lot are inspirated in Oscar Niemeyer that had the social and cheap-oriented towards the poor population
>>
Modernism happened. Leftist cucks were literally trying to copy commieblocks because they were egalitarian.

When the USRR fell, we looked at the Americans for some inspiration. That's how the giant glass towers came about.
>>
was brazil always the shithole it now is or how did it go from bossa nova and elis regina to favelados and sewage olympics
>>
>>56027917
well at least we still got our culture :^) Soon nobody will be able to tell yours apart
>>
>>56027917
because we hid that shit in order to attract inversors and back then there was no internet to show reality

if you think back then 100% of brazilians sang bossa nova (or 100 of argentinians were tango people) you ate up propaganda
>>
>>56028177
it was definitly never this low tho, at the time probably had one or two black monkeys shouting their lungs out singing about gorila sex, but had no music about. funk is a really recent thing
>>
>>56027917
Until the 80's Brazil was a very good country to live, specially in the Southeast/South. Bossa Nova was always seen as an "elite" kind of music from Rio de Janeiro, it was never that popular with the (black)masses.
>>
>>56027917
Always been a shithole. Bossa Nova has always been a rich people thing.

My grandfather listened to local rural songs and my father only listens to 60s-80s American and European songs.
>>
>>56028505
>Until the 80's Brazil was a very good country to live, specially in the Southeast/South.

You weren't alive back then. I was, and trust me, it was shit. I saw at least 5 people getting murdered right in front of me. These days i only hear gunshots, but far away from me.
>>
>>56026740
>Architecture is not seen as part of the culture for the Brazilians?

It really isn't.
I mean every single city has its own 'old centro' where they preserve the architecture, but that's all. The rest of the city is always changing.
>>
>>56026740
the downtown SP has parts that look like Gotham in an old batman movie, I liked it
>>
>>56026740
Let me get this straight:
You went to São Paulo and expected to see a pretty city? São Paulo? The ugliest and charmless city of Brazil?

Not to mention the one with the ugliest people, don't believe me? Try tinder in São Paulo, and then in any other capital, you will see the difference.
>>
>>56030520
You just have to decrease the range. Seriously, you don't expect to see beautiful people in the East Zone and in the Extreme South Zone. And i'm not even from São Paulo.
>>
>>56030520
São Paulo has prettier girls than anywhere in the South tbqh.
>>
>>56026740
São Paulo is is a collection of concrete rectangles put together. It's made for people to work, and that's it. It is not made for tourism or to look pretty, even if some the delusional people there like to pretend it's Brazil's NYC.

If you want to see more interesting architecture you should go to Ouro Preto, or some of the older cities in the southeast, especially in the state of Minas Gerais. Salvador and Rio have some personality to their older neighborhoods, but they are mostly pretty because of the natural landscape.

Honestly, brazilian cities are not very pretty. Our best attempt of being creative at architecture is brasilia, and it turned out to be a hideous abomination.
>>
File: populaçao.png (12 KB, 209x368) Image search: [Google]
populaçao.png
12 KB, 209x368
>>56026740
The huge gates are because of niggers, the lifeless design is because of pic related.
The "stylish" buildings are from an era where São Paulo was a small town
>>
>>56028177
Bossa nova was always more of an elite, or at best middle-class thing. But classic samba tunes and popular music back in the day was much superior to what we have now. It's like with the US, really. We would profit much if we forbided dance music in the favelas and started to distribute free guitars to the people there
>>
>>56026866
>he asks why São Paulo's architecture is so dull
>resorts to his favorite strawman once again
>É tudo culpa dos nordestinos grandes, maus e pauzudos
>>
>>56031386
not him but the northeasterner migration caused a lot of infrastructure problems.
>>
>>56028505
>le I was born in the wrong generation meme
No, we were even more shittier back then
>>
>>56031412
But he's asking about architecture, it has nothing to do with socioeconomic problems
>>
File: Goias Velho.jpg (468 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Goias Velho.jpg
468 KB, 1024x768
>>56026740
>Architecture is not seen as part of the culture for the Brazilians?

Of course it is, São Paulo is a big city of course it only has a bit of historical architecture, you went to Porto Alegre there you saw more old architecture right? it's because of less population, we have a lot of cities in the countryside which is like 90% old architecture like pic related
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.