[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will asia be the next superpower?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: ASIA.png (145 KB, 541x541) Image search: [Google]
ASIA.png
145 KB, 541x541
Will asia be the next superpower?
>>
>>56013167
They have unsolvable problems.

They can poop babies, and they can't spread their culture/language. US will still be in the lead for some time.
>>
Sure they'll become highly developed in the case of East Asian countries, but they won't have the soft power or cultural outreach as that of the West.

China needs to establish itself as a force of good, instead of trying to bully Tibet or seizing territory in the South China sea.
>>
>>56013343
>US will still be in the lead for some time.
but for how long I'm genuinely curios. Until 2030?

And no I don't want asia to rule
>>
>>56013167
If asia became one country, then it would be the biggest country in the world.
>>
>>56013523
*curious
>>
>>56013581
Nice observation.
>>
File: 1 step ahead china.jpg (73 KB, 550x774) Image search: [Google]
1 step ahead china.jpg
73 KB, 550x774
china is already way ahead.
>>
File: empire of the united states.png (496 KB, 1921x2384) Image search: [Google]
empire of the united states.png
496 KB, 1921x2384
>>56013167
Maybe after the thousand year republic dies
>>
File: 23985792735.jpg (87 KB, 860x586) Image search: [Google]
23985792735.jpg
87 KB, 860x586
>>56013581
That's where you're wrong, my friend.
>>
>>56013523
US is good at attracting immigrants, and integrating them. If they stopped doing that now (say Trump they did) it will take their economy 60 years to start having problems.

The other thing is their culture is dominating over the world, this makes all the world's market open for you. If you look at US's economy it's an economy of brands, it doesn't build as much as China do but it sell more, so they are marketing guys, China's bosses, it's easier to gain more by outsourcing and selling than make actual products and try to profit from them.

The only scenarios I can imagine for US to fall are:

>A revolution: Capitalism cause inequality heavenly, so some day poor people will just get done with it. The good thing is that US market that the average US is doing fine compared with EU which isn't true.
>No new markets: On capitalism and the way the world economy built around it, you always need new markets, US solve that by privatizing education, health, and water all over the world, and get deals of free trade. But some Eastern countries will never accept that.
>Africa: Once the average African be able to produce it will cause problems to US, note that China didn't even reached the average world GDP per capita, and it caused big problem already for US, flooding all the world with products, it's not 1/2 of the average, India is like 1/8 and it's causing problem. The birth rate on center Africa is really high, doing basically anything will be a threat. It's not possible for the whole world to be working, or even 50% of the world, we don't need that much of products.
>>
>>56014349
Your post is well thought out but wrong.

Why are you in Morocco and why are you shilling for us in every thread?
>>
>>56014712
My post is right, but as I said US is doing stuff against this shit...

>Why are you in Morocco
Muh country

>and why are you shilling for us in every thread?
I'm chilling from work this days... I will leave soon with no comeback so no worry
>>
>>56014712
My main argument for why your post is wrong is that it is much easier to grow when you are poor than it is when you are on the technology frontier. That means that when the rest of the world goes from 1/10th as rich as America to one half it will have led to an IMMENSE absolute GDP growth.
America's problem is that it is really dependent on poor countries producing commodities and low value goods for it.

That means that when these other countries develop the commodity prices will rise drastically, just like they did when China was booming 2000-2011.
That'll raise America's inflation rate and trade deficit. Eventually it'll lead to a multipolar world, where hopefully everyone is dependent on each other and therefore won't have incentive to fight.
We're just taking a breather the last two years because of China's slowdown and the Developed nations growing at a historically slow rate. Not enough demand.
>>
>>56014712

Morocco is literally the US's oldest ally
>>
>>56014966
Cont*

America's advantages will eventually become disadvantages.

First, America is far away from the most populated and fastest growing places. That means that American trade will not grow as quickly as say, Asia or Africa's in the future.
Second, Americans have a lot less connection to the outside world than Europeans or other nations. Once again distance and our large country hurts us.
Third, the future will be even less militaristic. The countries that are most economically important will matter more than those with the strongest militaries or regional alliances. Countries won't be as afraid about war in the future.

If anyone is well placed for future economic (keyword) superpower status it would be China.
>>
>>56015000
He's not Moroccan. If you didn't notice his grasp of english.

Also, average Moroccans dislike America quite vehemently according to Pew Polls.
>>
>>56015000
True that. First country to recognize US and not pirate them :)

>>56014966
Besides that, today's economy system is faulty and can fall anytime for unpredictable reasons, it happened more than once and it can happen again.

>First, America is far away from the most populated and fastest growing places. That means that American trade will not grow as quickly as say, Asia or Africa's in the future.
This is true, but solved with immigration. And US is selective when it comes to immigration, while in most EU countries it was a disaster, EU was the dream of criminals in Morocco, and they contracts (Visa + work) were sold here for like $6000, while US either give you green card if you won lottery (but they require high school diplomat which most Moroccans en EU don't have), and if it's for work only elite companies can give Visa sponsorship and you lose it if you got fired.

>Second, Americans have a lot less connection to the outside world than Europeans or other nations. Once again distance and our large country hurts us.
It's actually more about the language, on countries with French as a second language (like Morocco) we drive Renault and Fiat, and go to the La Bel Vie, and use Societe General. Which are French companies, using anything that a French product look less classy, that how French market their culture for us.
My point is the people who speak your language are the closest to you, since most products are made on China anyway, specially those one that US are good at marketing.

>Third, the future will be even less militaristic. The countries that are most economically important will matter more than those with the strongest militaries or regional alliances. Countries won't be as afraid about war in the future.
The definition of ownership is to have the power to support a claim that something is yours, more that to actually own it. Actually looks like to world going to the way you said, but we can say for sure.
>>
Your mom will be the next superpower after she finishes off that last set of burgers
>>
>>56015274
I'm Moroccan, my field forced me to learn English...

The average Moroccan doesn't dislike America. You media is changing the American stereotype. If you asked you will hear I hate their gov and I like the people. And people here think you are actually exactly like they see you on movies...

Some funny the US ambassador on Saudi wrote he said that funds US used for Arabic news channels to spend propaganda didn't failed, but shows that Saudi's channel themselves subbed like Friends and Desperate Housewives made the Saudi youth be in a mad love with American culture (the paper in Wikileaks I can search for it if you want).

Also there's that misconception that US people are kind to Muslims while Europeans are being evil to them. But still your media always try to sell you that Muslims hate you, since it's a good way to unite people.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>56013167
Only best Korea.
>>
>>56015912
Good post.

>>56016095
Swede post.

>>56016350
Well your english is better than the average American's.
Why do people fetishize our shitty culture and movies? Is it because everything semi-fun is banned is shithole muslim countries?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.