[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been offered a job in Hong Kong. Never been there before.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (5 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 470x313
I've been offered a job in Hong Kong. Never been there before.

What's it like? Obviously it's full of chinks but that's alright by me. Anything I should know?
>>
It's full of chinks
>>
Fucking stop posting these threads, I'm getting too jelly

Not just directed at OP
>>
>>55988770
>It's full of chinks

So just like Melbourne then?
>>
>>55988722
1. don't be gay
2. either be rich or be chinese
3. know your traditional characters
>>
>>55988788
Yes. Thank fuck I live nowhere near it.
>>
Lots of chinks that want white dick.

Lots of job opportunities.

Good nightlife.

Center of the business world in Asia
>>
>>55988722
do you speak Mandarin?
>>
>>55988722
What do you think it's like? We can tell you what you're wrong about
>>
>>55988823
Not necessary, they speak Cantonese in Hong Kong. You can get by with English though
>>
>>55988797
>>55988823
I don't really see a need to know Cantonese apart from the basic hello, yes, no, please, thank you. The job offer is with an American company and they are fully aware I don't speak the language. Apparently English is fine.

>>55988812
Sounds pretty fucking good. Need a change of scenery. Sydney is becoming a fucking joke.
>>
>>55988914
From what i've heard it's a nice place. Literally a billion things to do there and you can get everywhere using public transport
>>
>>55988830
Busy, polluted. Rude? I guess not as bad as as mainland Chinese.

Are they racist against whites?
>>
>>55988914
what type of job is it?
>>
>>55988953
Telecom industry, product development
>>
>>55988953
moderating a Cantonese shadow-puppetry forum
>>
>>55988942
It's Hong Kong m8, literally nothing like mainland china, probably one of the most advanced modern cities
>>
>>55988812
>Lots of chinks that want white dick.

Nah, they're pretty westernized there they're used to seeing white guys, so there's no novelty factor in HK.
>>
>>55988942
There's racism everywhere you go in the world but there's a lot of whites in HK compared to the rest of China so it's not so bad. It is very busy and there is pollution but the city is still mostly clean and very highly developed.
>>
>>55988967
how much are they paying you?
>>
>>55989023
Hong Kong is still 90% chinese. Tons of thirsty as fuck chinese chicks and you get lots of mainlanders that haven't seen lots of white people.
>>
>>55988722
The pollution(China's fault) and hot humidity in HK make it uncomfortable and unpleasant to do much outdoors. Mosquitoes commonly found in HK, and it's pesky for carry diseases.
>>
>>55989024
I remember seeing signs on garbage cans that littering could get you a huge fine, most of the city is spotless. People aren't very friendly, I guess due to the fact it's a huge city. I saw a total of 2 homeless people. One sleeping under a bridge and the other right on the sidewalk.
>>
>>55989041
More than I'm getting in Australia

That 15% flat income tax too
>>
>>55989126
Plus you get to put that shit on your resume. Saying you worked in Hong Kong for literally anything makes you a billion times more valuable to every employer.
>>
>>55989075
Japanese houses usually have a "separate toilet room", but HK has a toilet, sink, and shower in the room. We can't soak in the bath. But HK is worth visiting for its food and an amazing dining experience.
>>
>>55989126
sounds pretty cool, I wonder if it's safe there
>>
>>55989157
Yeah that's like gold, good point

Just doing some research on rent. looks like I'll be paying about $4000 AUD a month for something similar to my place in Sydney, which costs me $2500. Shit's expensive!
>>
>>55989211
No shit, you wont be paying for a car though. You also wont really need heating or AC. Also you need to factor in food costs and you'll probably be eating out every day. If you're making more, getting taxed less and this builds you a career it's really a no brainer even if you do have to pay more for rent.
>>
Hong Kong is AMAZING.
>>
Expensive as fuck and also very crowded.
>>
>>55988722
I have been to Hong Kong many times. Hong Kong is pretty nice and it has many different nations instead of just chinks, alot of indians and africans as well as europeans. Pollution in Hong Kong is much better than the rest of mainland china were its almost intolerable, you'll spend most of your powerbill on running your air conidtioner 24/7 I'll imagine, food and public transport is very good.
>>
>>55989157
lol no, quit talking out of you're ass

look on reddit, geoexpat, Hong Kong is a resume black hole.
>>
>>55989288
I was here waiting for your flag, you fuck. Thank you.
>>
>>55989288
finally someone who actually is from that place
>>
File: hello.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
>>55989288
>>
>>55989288
Are you Australian?

I'd inevitably move back to Australia at some time. I can only imagine a stint working for a multinational in HK would look good on my resume.
>>
I like how these threads are bulshit 90 percent of the time because none of the posters actually post their offers and expect people to just rely on their word. I have been offered two jobs in the past in two different countries and the protocol is to have a written offer detailing the pay, accom, conditions, laws in the country that might affect the job that differs from the home country, also a copy of the contract that you might have signed initially signed sent to you to couple the initial verbal agreement.

And people actually fall for it, these threads are designed to garner (you)s, thats all.
>>
>>55989435
wat
>>
>>55989054
>be you
>on the way to the airport bathroom right off your flight
>see more women on the between the water fountain to the bathroom than you see in bumfuck Nova Scotia in a month
>ignored by 100% of them because of Hong Kong style arrogance and passive aggressiveness
>mistake annoyed glances that you walk on the wrong side of the path for attraction
>go to bar
>swarmed by half of the female population of the Philippines in Wan Chai
>totally not maids and prostitutes
>go to bar where ACTUAL but overseas Asian women corrupted by feminism and western masculinity demise and not knowing a word of the local language ride miles upon of cock on the cock carousel in expat areas because they're shunned as sluts and pariahs in a normal patriarchal society
>Asian women le love me

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>55989567
>>mistake annoyed glances that you walk on the wrong side for attraction

fuck those the fucking chinks that walk on the wrong side here. i dont even move for them. of course its a bigger problem in HK, you have busier streets
>>
>>55988942
Busy, yes. There is air pollution near highways and major roads. I don't think we're rude but our hospitality is nowhere near that of Japan. You don't really need a car since there's plenty of public transportation.

>>55989075
It's not as humid as, say Singapore and the weather's usually pretty comfortable except in Summer. Besides, OP is Australian and their summers are much hotter.
>>
>>55989604
You sound like a mad chink that cant stand chinese women fucking white people
>>
File: 61280.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
61280.png
339 KB, 680x680
>>55989567
Lol where are you from?

>>55988722
We full nao.
Go away, Reeeeeee.
>>
>>55989630
Not him but I have never seen a white and asian couple on the streets.
>>
>>55989657
>dating ever

They are literally just sluts to fuck and ignore
>>
>>55989657
Probably because most white people don't live in Hong Kong permanently.
>>
>>55989677
Watch out lads! We've got an alpha male here. Present your assholes to him as a sign of submission and hopefully he can teach us his wisdom
>>
>>55989677
Brah it's time to stop posting.
Bragging about your autistic racial superiority somewhere halfway around the globe on an anonymous image board is embarassing
>>
>>55989677
said the virgin.
>>
>>55989630
what is hyperbole as a means of transmitting humour?
>>
>>55988722
How did you get the offer
A-asking f-for a friend obviously haha
>>
>>55988722
you'll have to learn vietnamese, it's all they speak
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.