[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to Budapest next week, anything I should know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1280px-Budapest_castle_night_5.jpg (212 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Budapest_castle_night_5.jpg
212 KB, 1280x853
Going to Budapest next week, anything I should know?
>>
You won't make it past the wall. Deus vult
>>
My house in Budapest,
My hidden treasure chest~
>>
I you're a Paki or something like that you might want to reconsider your tavel choice.

Other than that you might want to learn a few words of Hungarian because not even University students speak English in Hungary.
>>
>>55979409

>attempt at fear-mongering

Nobody will do anything to you in that shithole

t. been to Budapest
>>
>>55979299
Very interested. If any dongarian can give suggestions on cool places to visit/nightlife, thanks.
>>
>>55979409

I'm a Brit (white) and what words should I learn?
>>
>>55979299
1. go to Public Hot Spa
2. get a Magyar gf
3. take Goulash, Paprika chicken and Tartar steak
>>
>>55979409
both of those statements are very untrue

we hate Brits with a passion tho, they're regarded here in Budapest as being on the same level as gypsies
>>
>>55980483

So I'm going to Budapest next week as a Brit, what can I expect?
>>
>>55979299
>>55979691
Erzsébet viewpoint
Aquincum museum
Tomb of Gül Baba
Citadel
Miniversum
Szentendre
Margaret island
Budapest Zoo and the Holnemvolt amusement park
the Basilica's tower viewpoint
the baths
Parliament walking tour
Jewish District
City Park
Szemlőhegyi Cave if you're into caving
Budapest History Museum in the castle
Market halls (the Great Market Hall for the touristic experience and the Hold utcai vásárcsarnok for culinary joys)
Museum of Applied Arts (the building itself is a work of art)

for unique concert venues check out A38 and Akvárium klub, for parties you can choose between Morrison's 2, Hello Baby Bar, Instant, Fogasház, Corvin Club, Tesla, Toldi, Szimpla kert and Gozsdu Manó Courtyard

for great craft beers check out Élesztő pub

>>55979469
when are you gonna suicide bomb yourself, lad?
>>
>>55979409
What if i'm russian? ;/
>>
>>55980611
if you act normal and nice, you can expect people being to be friendly and curious

if you act like most of your compatriots do, though, you can expect Hungarians treat you like dogshit stuck on your shoe
>>
>>55980752

>Hungarian talking about suicide

Don't get ahead of yourself, gypsy
>>
>>55980752
Saved, thank you
>>
>>55981057
going to Naples this spring with my brother and mother
got any recs to the area?
>>
>>55980752

Hungary I've already mapped out a places of all the places in Budapest I'm going to visit but thanks anyway.

>>55980842
I'll act how I usually do, which is the usual British politeness, hopefully I'm ok in the main tourist areas.
>>
>>55979299
Budapest is the Capital of Hungary
>>
>>55981129
Never been there i'm in the north. Any online guide will tell you the main attractions and museums. A neapolitan friend told me Sorbillo (Via dei Tribunali) is the best pizzeria in the whole city. Pretty sure you already know to avoid restaurants/bars in the most touristy spots (the ones facing landmarks and shit).
Good luck
>>
File: budapest napfelkelte.jpg (106 KB, 880x586) Image search: [Google]
budapest napfelkelte.jpg
106 KB, 880x586
>>55981349
and it's not one city - it's actually TWO! you heard it here, folks ;)
>>
>>55981432
thank you, I noted down the pizzeria!
cheers and the same to you
>>
>>55981444
WAT
>>
>>55981522

"Budapest" believe it or not "Buda" and "pest" are actually different cities.
>>
File: török buda.jpg (703 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
török buda.jpg
703 KB, 1600x1067
>>55981522
Buda and Pest, the two cities on either side of the Danube, were merged together in 1873 (along with Óbuda) to make up the new Hungarian capital of Budapest
>>
Budapest is good shit Brit friend. Went there in 2012 during a backpacking trip around most of eastern Europe with a mate. Cheap, friendly, good beer, people are nice if you talk to them and treat them normally like you would anyone. City is a bit seedy in parts but plenty of night life. Go to the baths if you can and the weather is good, not super clean and it's full of fat old men but with a sprinkle of alright women, plus they do parties there some nights
>>
>>55981603
>>55981621
oh shi~
>>
>>55981699
>not super clean
>fat old men
>night parties
Széchenyi baths, right? I've never actually been there, but it's the most famous bath in the city. I'd recommend Gellért and either Rudas, Veli bej or Király, however. Gellért is the pinnacle of Art Nouveau architecture and is a real lavish bathing complex, while the other three are charming 500 years old Turkish baths
>>
magyar cigany
>>
>>55981867
I'm just planning on going to the castle and walking around everywhere, then get drunk at night.
>>
Great prostitutes
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.