[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lmao in the US you need to register with a party and can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1272137796102.jpg (71 KB, 450x378) Image search: [Google]
1272137796102.jpg
71 KB, 450x378
lmao in the US you need to register with a party and can't just choose in the booth what you want to vote?

democracy in terminal stage
>>
Can't they register as independent? I'm not familiar with US politics.
>>
>>55966944
>>55967217
You register with a party so you can vote in the primary. The primary decides who the party's candidate will be in the general. You can vote for whoever in the general. You can register as an independent, but you can't participate in either primary.
>>
>>55969669
lmfao
>>
>>55967217
Depends on the state; here you don't have to be a member of the party to vote in that party's primary.
>>
>>55969669
What is the likelihood that someone running independent will win? Does it happen a lot?
>>
>>55966944
>lmao in the US you need to register with a party
No
> and can't just choose in the booth what you want to vote?
That's literally what you do.
>>
>>55969823
Hasn't happened since Washington.
>>
>>55969669
That only applies to closed primaries, which are the minority of primaries.
>>
not in the presidential election, but for the primaries they do that so you cant sabotage the other party by voting in both of them
>>
>>55970028
>his state doesn't have open primaries so you can sabotage the other party
Low energy
>>
>2016
>"""first""" world
>still voting for your countrys leader
>>
>>55970142
Aren't you forced to vote in your shit country?
>>
>>55970179
Literally no one voted for our last 3 Prime Ministers, they just take the position
>>
>>55970284
I know that, because your parliament is a meme tier laughingstock. But when you do actually manage to have elections isn't voting mandatory?
>>
>>55966944
you don't need to register for a party, thats only for some primaries which makes sense because why should a Democrat determime what the Republican canidate is?
>>
>>55969823
I'm pretty sure only Washington was
>>
>American """"democracy""""
ancient Greeks are rotating in their graves at velocities far beyond the capabilities of modern rpm measuring tools
>>
>>55970350
Yeah or you get a $150 dollar fine but my point is, you still vote your leaders in which is some topkek africa shit
>>
>>55970494
still less than speed of light, i presume
>>
>>55970494
That's because they knew how to pay denbts.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.