[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Americans so opposed to the idea of universal healthcare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (628 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
image.png
628 KB, 640x451
Why are Americans so opposed to the idea of universal healthcare? Most countries have it. Even capitalistic countries do it. Is the idea of helping the average person afford healthcare so bad?
>>
I'm not. It pains me that I may never see single pay unless I move abroad.
>>
People who work here and pay taxes don't want to pay for even more of poor people's shit, especially if those people aren't even legal citizens or are already on welfare
>>
It gives the government too much power. It basically allows the govt to say how you can live your live, because they're the ones picking up the tab for your mistakes. So stuff like sugary soda, fattening food, extreme sports, loud headphones, etc, etc can now be turned illegal to save the govt some bucks.
>>
>>55945815
Basically niggers.
>>
Because it enables to doctors to get tons of money
>>
>>55945815
Because our healthcare system is literally better. You don't need to wait months for treatment, the doctors are the litterally the best from around the world, we have far greater survival rates for all the cancers, and we are responsible for more than our share of the world's medical breakthroughs.
>>
>>55945815
Because if I want to get healthcare I'll get insurance, I don't want the government forcing me to subsidize some fat fuck's bad choices
>>
>>55945838
What a nice sense of community.
>>
>>55945815
Because it comes with a completely different set of problems that America doesn't have. Not to mention that once health becomes a national problem and the fatness and idiocy of your fellow men become your problems as much as theirs - who the fuck would want to subsidize the mobility scooter landwhales by paying for their overly expensive health bills?

Here's some food for thought on the American healthcare and it's problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvJHUVAEU44
>>
>>55946622
America was built on rugged individualism. We don't need your shitty communities.
>>
>>55946622
If it forces Mexicans to stay home, it's fine by me
>>
Because if you don't work hard, you deserve suffering.
>>
File: americans.jpg (126 KB, 746x700) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
126 KB, 746x700
>>55946457
>>
>>55946657
Why are you defending America tho? And if you don't need any community why are you here?
>>
File: top kek.jpg (63 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
63 KB, 600x408
>>55946156
>So stuff like sugary soda, fattening food

the gubmints taking away muh snacks
>>
File: 1444360489672.jpg (29 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1444360489672.jpg
29 KB, 433x419
>>55946710
you absolutely cannot make this shit up
>>
I don't want to make people's health care more of a political issue than it already is

if we have a single payer system it makes the government responsible for health care via compulsory spending that is impossible to curtail because every attempt to do so will be met with "ur attacking muh healthcare reeeeee" even if one may have good reasons for curbing healthcare spending

see: the UK and NHS
>>
>>55946764
Because I'm not Chilean, I'm just here working in mining for certain Canadian company.
>>
>>55945815
Why would I want to support people who don't take care of themselves?

So many people today eat terrible food, don't exercise, put themselves in harms way for dumbshit reasons.

Sure sometimes someone is born with a really bad condition, or someone gets really sick or in an accident, and I think we should help those people.
But diabetic fatasses? People with constant back problems because they don't work their muscles? People who go see a doctor whenever they feel a little cold?

Fuck that. Healthcare is super expansive (30% of your income tax in some cases) because of people who go see the doctor 10 times more than I do. In most countries you would save 8 000 each year if you didn't had to pay for this shit.

I wish private insurances companies would evaluate you based on your fitness and offer cheaper rates, but gov prevents them.
>>
>>55945815

Because they want to stay fat
>>
>>55945815
Because America is a nation of immigrants who have to take care of themselves. That's the only way how you can stay open like that, don't ever start taking care of the people institutionally.

Not to mention, free healthcare along with continuous pension system is what fucked up Europe's birthrates, growth and composition of population.
>>
File: AinsleySalad2.jpg (74 KB, 594x406) Image search: [Google]
AinsleySalad2.jpg
74 KB, 594x406
>>55946457
>Because our healthcare system is literally better.

le 135k hospital bill face plus tip
>>
File: 1422208494977.png (155 KB, 1199x1822) Image search: [Google]
1422208494977.png
155 KB, 1199x1822
>>55946710
>>55947700
>le memes lelele XDDD
>>
>>55948083
dog bless
>>
>>55948083
i didnt know the U.S was a third world country
>>
>>55948083
So why are they all dying early? :^)
>>
>>55948167
medical science can't fix everyone's poor lifestyle choices
>>
When 40 percent of your population is black and Mexican, with 70 percent of your total being overweight and obese, you can kind of see why a guy who works 40 hours a week and keeps himself healthy would resent paying for Tyrones gunshot wounds and his entire families diabetes.
>>
>>55948209
Australians have shitty life styles too but we live longer.
>>
>>55945815

Because they like things run by Cartels. Franchised hospitall that get moved from one place to another depending on where they can get more clients/patients, and at the end of the hospital season the Cartel Corporates award the most moneys and doctors draft picks to the franchised hospital with the most horrendous results and incompetent administration.

They wouldn't have that with Universal Public Healthcare so they don't like it.
>>
>>55948258
not as bad as america
>>
I am a healthy person. I don't want to pay for fat people, smokers, junkies, and Jamaal who got shot by Treyvon.
>>
>>55945838
No idea how it is in USA, but here, universal coverage is intended to benefit the middle class not just the poor. Even a gainfully employed typical person would struggle to cope with medical costs.
>>
File: pepe pose.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
pepe pose.png
11 KB, 420x420
>go to ER
>get EKG, blood samples and full brain MRI (after being transported to different hospital)
>didn't pay a nickel

How much would this set you Ameriturds back?
>>
>>55948790
Not as bad, but not "4 years difference on life expectancy" better.
>>
File: 1444487569855.jpg (204 KB, 899x605) Image search: [Google]
1444487569855.jpg
204 KB, 899x605
>>55948880
>American
>Healthy person
>>
>>55945815
Why are Unitedstatians against subsidizing the lower middle class in the health department when they subsidize so many sectors of their economy largely controlled by a minuscule number of people
Oh wait, they have no power over who gets elected in the first place, the electoral college does
>>
>>55945838
>American """patriotism"""
>>
>>55946156
Yeah maybe in third world dictatorship shitholes this would happen.
>>
>>55950489
>Yeah maybe in third world dictatorship
Thank God the USA is a """""""""""""""democracy"""""""""""""""
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.