[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>China invents gunpowder >use it for firework and other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: jc.jpg (21 KB, 300x410) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
21 KB, 300x410
>China invents gunpowder
>use it for firework and other fun stuff
>everyone happy
>gw*lo get it
>kill each other for hundreds years like animals

what wrong with you people ?
>>
>>55891782
far east asians have no soul
that doesn't let them have creative ideas of their own
>>
first uses for gunpowder was military
>>
>>55891944
lying ghost

where is proof ?
>>
They're going to crush us sooner of later so whatever.
>>
>>55892007
>The Chinese wasted little time in applying gunpowder to the development of weapons, and in the centuries that followed, they produced a variety of gunpowder weapons, including flamethrowers, rockets, bombs, and land mines, before inventing guns as a projectile weapon.
>>
>>55892069
>>
File: 1449728659881.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449728659881.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
>canadian poster
>he's actually chinese
>>
>>55892014
Better a bunch of irreligious automatons than muzzies who blow themselves up if you breathe on them
>>
>>55892069
>>55892109
whiteypedia is full of lies about Chinese people bcuz they are scared of us

we only use for weapons when others did

you believe ghost lies, they are see through
>>
>>55892244
except i am more chinese than you

china invented the gunpower AND the gun
the mongols adopted it and used it for seige then the turks then the eurobeans, pls
>>
>>55892351
why are you replying seriously
>>
>>55892351
no, you are japanese shill
>>
>>55892126
CAN'T
>>
CHINK'D
>>
>>55892389
he's making us look bad and i don't like it
>>
>>55892514
China doesn't need him to look bad unfortunately

>Tfw you'll never see a China with 200m people, no pollution, and a culture untouched by the communist revolution
>>
>>55892638
imperialist eurobean thinking, china is china, you don't have to like it
>>
white people use weapons to eat dinner
>>
>>55892734
>Imperialist eurobean thinking
>Caring about nature is now being an imperialist european

Wew lad looks like I haven't checked my privileges in a long time
>>
>>55892880
check some more because china does not exist to please your european sensibilities
>>
>tfw Chinese with IQ of 140
>tfw can take a bunch of drugs and fuck my shit up and will still probably have an IQ above 100

feels good man, dumb white and black kids will never know this feeling

in fact i'm high as fuck right now, get at me nerds
>>
>>55893003
>china does not exist

You got that part right, it's just a big open air factory
>>
>>55892638
>China with 200 million people

Is that before or after the KMT kills 300 million and runs away with the money leaving the ruins for the Japanese?

If KMT were in control China would have 2 billion people. They already had 500 million in 1940.
>>
>>55893003
>wanting the biosphere to not collapse is a European sensibility
>>
>>55893084
if you know what it is then why do you want to fantasize about it

either it's a factory or it's paradise not both
>>
>>55893084
You don't know China then.

The south is wet and rather undeveloped. Especially the Southwest and Southeast.
Factories are Northeast and East China.
>>
>>55893092
It's a wish, I didn't say it was like this
200 million is few, but a population density like the USA would be alright
>>
>>55893003
It's always hard to tell if Americans are trolling or not
>>
>>55893173
why not both
>>
>>55893154
>You don't know China then.

I know it enough to know it's a shame nowadays. Not that it ever was a paradise tho, but there are several degrees on the "shit" scale
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 640x1136
>>55893118
>China is to blame for global warming

Not even a Chink but that's bullshit
>>
>>55891782
>Canadian flag
>Chinaman
why am i not surprised?
>>
>>55893243
I wasn't even talking about global warming at first, only that when a country has the kind of impressive and god tier landscapes China has it shouldn't be destroying them.
And responsible or not having a population of 1.2 billions is just the worst idea
>>
>>55893239
China is for the first time in 200 years a stable and rather prosperous nation.

Being a Chinese person today is better than any other time in their history.

It's a nice country if you don't go to the poor shithole factory lands of the North.
Visit Shanghai. Visit Chonqing. Visit Shenzen.

Are you blaming the CCP for where China is today? If so then you are giving them a whole lot of credit for how much better China has become, when it actually is the Chinese people who made the nation better.
>>
>>55893386
>China is for the first time in 200 years

Aren't you exaggerating a bit here? I know about the "Century of Humiliation", but was the Wing dinasty really that bad before that?
>>
>>55893239
>>55893386
It's a shame that more people don't know about the Tang or Song dynasties, I believe the GDP per capita was extremely high relative to the rest of the world.

Of course, the Mongols had to go and ruin everything.
>>
>>55893386
>Are you blaming the CCP for where China is today?

I only mentionned the CCP once, and only blame them for destroying cultural things. Books burned, temples destroyed etc, just like it was during the French Revolution.
Otherwise I'm just sad at the destruction of nature and pollution, and the needlessly high population.
That's what my first post said, only then Zhang got mad and I stopped being nice.
>>
>>55893520
Yes it was especially for the farmers
They could at least get 9 year mandatory education in China now but education in 1920s was around 10-20%
>>
>>55893370
What has been destroyed?

The CCP despite what you think is very popular and respected in China.

The Chinese knew they had to reform and change/destroy the old to protect the new.

If you went to China you'd know there is a burgeoning interest in the past and a huge protection campaign for the environment and traditional sites.

The shit you seen on Chinahate.com is not representative of the 1.4 billion person nation.
>>
>>55892638
>>55893239
>>55893370
I wonder what it would be like if the commies lost. Would it turn out like a bigger Taiwan? There would be no cultural revolution bullshit that destroyed the country.
>>
>>55893520
Dude. 1816 China was a shithole. It only got worse from then on.

The humilitation lasted two centuries. They already began losing wars in the early 1800's and their emperors were incompetent and corrupt from then on.
1815-2000 China was JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP: the country.

>>55893526
That's over 1000-1500 years ago.
>>
>>55893595
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

"Millions of people were persecuted in the violent struggles that ensued across the country, and suffered a wide range of abuses including public humiliation, arbitrary imprisonment, torture, sustained harassment, and seizure of property. A large segment of the population was forcibly displaced, most notably the transfer of urban youth to rural regions during the Down to the Countryside Movement. Historical relics and artifacts were destroyed. Cultural and religious sites were ransacked."
>>
>>55893701
the century of humiliation is from the opium war until 1949, just about 100 years
>>
>>55893746
Let it go he didn't lie he's high af
>>
>>55893665
What the fuck? The Cultural Revolution barely touched the "old society". The temples, etc.

The old Chinese society died in 1912.

Would it be like Taiwan? Taiwan is a US ally, recieved preferential trade, recieves immense development funds, and is a small island of 30 million people.
The KMT China of 1916-1950 was a massive corrupt shithole getting raped by everyone and run by warlords. 80 million Chinese died of war during this time.

There's a reason the KMT lost.
>>
>>55893595
>Chinahate.com

Never heard of it. I don't need to go there to know there are dozens of animals and plants endangered, lakes turning yellow from pollution, people breathing smoke on a daily basis etc.
I respect China, I even like it, but you seem to think it's perfect and that's delusionnal
>>
>>55893595
Yangt ze river is becoming one big dump for industrial and agricultural waste and pollutants though and this while millions of people live near it doing farming or fishing.
>>
>>55893701
I don't know much about China desu, mostly the famous conflicts with yuros and the Japanese.
>>
>>55893746
Some things were destroyed by stupid Maoist CCP fucks.
But much of it was left completely untouched. I visited 20 temples in Wuhan alone. All were over a millenia old.
Maoist cultists destroyed some, but nothing close to what is thought. Most temples were protected. That's the story you don't here.

Could I have a source that's not wikipedia?

>>55893780
I'm a Japanese American. The other Asian is high as fuck but anon didn't mention if anon was high.
>>
>>55893949
>Some things were destroyed by stupid Maoist CCP fucks.

That's what I said tho, you are all reacting like I said the CCP razed the country to the ground to build a communist evil empire
>>
>>55893898
You get that this is EXACTLY what happened when the West industrialized?

This is what happens. Humans develop at the expense of nature.

Here's a chart showing all the pollution caused by Western nations shipping their industry to China. The West has far more to account for when it comes to extinction and pollution. Look at this>>55893243

America and Europe have literally 20-30 times the per capita emissions of China since 1970.
>>
>>55893775
China was fucked up and powerless 1950-2000.
It started losing wars in the 1810's and the economy declined (recession) from that point on.

In my opinion the humiliation (loss of its seat as the biggest and most powerful) lasted at least two centuries.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 640x1056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 640x1056
>>55893998
That's the impression I get from you saying "Communists" above in the post that started this.

No one in China thinks the Cultural revolution was good. Mao isn't even seen well by most Chinese who have opened a history book.

>>55893899
The Ohio river would catch on fire in the 1970's. The Yangtze is going to be shit until China develops past a manufacturing economy.

But it will happen. China's smog has been falling since 2011, and now India is worse.
>>
>>55894125
yes the weak china was longer but humiliation comes from unequal treatment by the west, hence humiliation it mostly has to do with the end of ww1 being an ally was meaningless to the european powers when they knowingly gave german processions to japan
>>
>>55894223
The scholarly Century of humiliation was 1840-1950. I agree.
But my opinion is still that it lasted two centuries. China is finally starting to get better and back to where it was after so long.
>>
File: fire lance_01.jpg (56 KB, 216x176) Image search: [Google]
fire lance_01.jpg
56 KB, 216x176
>>55891782
>>use it for firework and other fun stuff

First uses of gunpowder was the military where they were used as primitive guns (fire lances), cannons, and other uses. But bows & arrows, crossbows and repeating crossbows were more effective in battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_lance

What the OP should have said is that Chinese explorers like Zheng He traveled the world before Europeans (using the Chinese invention of the compass) and instead of enslaving them / stealing their resources like Europeans, the Chinese tried to trade with them and ultimately decided they were superior to everybody else and isolated themselves.
>>
>>55894125
>China was fucked up and powerless 1950-2000

China under the CCP was able to fight the US to a standstill in Korea just a few years after taking power. in the eyes of the Chinese, they finally gained a competent government that wasn't like the Qing and KMT who seemed to be utterly impotent in the face of foreigners.

>>55893949
i'm the high as fuck anon, anon. i've only made one post so far. i'm surprised you were able to visit Wuhan, isn't that a backwater province? if i were Japanese i would never visit China, let alone an interior province, seems too risky to be honest.
>>
>>55894044
>You get that this is EXACTLY what happened when the West industrialized?

Yes, but not on the same scale. The West had time to industrialized, wheras China was late and did it in a few decades without safeguards with only goal a maximum proficiency to be able to keep up with the West.
Also fugg off with your emissions, I never talked about it. Emissions don't cause whole rivers to become red and kill every single fish in them for instance. And don't tell me this is a meme cherrypicked exemple, there are dozen like this, nightmare stuff I never heard off in western Europe even if I'm don't think my country is perfect.
>>
>>55894296
it will never be if it only relies on cheap labor to get there, china will have to beat the west at their own game or be humiliated forever, if not the nation then the people
>>
>>55894223
>being an ally was meaningless to the european powers when they knowingly gave german processions to japan
It's not like the UK could've done things much more differently. There was the 1902 Anglo Japanese alliance because they both didn't want Russia to expand at the time. The alliance was still in place by wwi and they sort of accepted Britain's call to arms, so why not let them have those useless islands, it's not like the UK lacked those
>>
>>55894414
except in china's case when germany lost japan has no claim over them especially when china was on the side of allies
>>
>>55894459
You mean Qingdao(German treaty port iirc) changing hands to the Japanese? I guess that couldn't be helped either tbf.
>>
>>55894597
unequal treatment
>>
>>55894625
Well, of course, I guess that sucked for the Chinese, but iirc China wasn't unified back then, the nationalists were fighting the gommies (spoiler: the gommies won) back then, Japan was pretty much the only powerful country in that part of the world. USA was basically forced into both wars, Russia had a revolution and lost to Japan a decades prior to WWI
>>
>>55894804
no, this was near the end of the qing, the lost of qingdao help to pave way for extremism including communism

the modernization of chinese language and culture started during 1919
>>
>>55894874
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Fourth_Movement
>>
>>55891782
that's alright mate i'll take a portion of fried rice, chips and some noodles
>>
>>55894324
>Chinks and Japanese looking significantly different

Wuhan is a city, and it's huge and beautiful. Poor as well.
>>
>>55894334
>I didn't hear about pollution in France 1850-1970

Wow that is unbelievable!

The industrial cities in the West were just a fucked up and polluted in 1970 as China is now.

>no safeguards
Laissez faire capitalism of 1870-1910 ring a bell?
China banned child labor in 1980. America did it in 1914 after 50 years of them dying in the factories.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 1136x640
>>55894380
They are.

Nothing says the pie can't grow. The West moved into high tech. China follows. Nothing says they can't both.
>>
File: 10143912.jpg (68 KB, 646x220) Image search: [Google]
10143912.jpg
68 KB, 646x220
>>55891782
"""gook''''' technology
>>
>>55895250
This is when old chinese society died. 1919-1931.
I don't get why everyone blames the Cultural revolution completely.
>>
>>55897248
>if
>>55897283
because they don't know or it's easy
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.