[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how good foreigners speak your language? Have you ever seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 12503_darling18A0230.jpeg.jpg (58 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
12503_darling18A0230.jpeg.jpg
58 KB, 800x532
So how good foreigners speak your language? Have you ever seen a foreigner that speaks your language perfectly? (having accent is acceptable, i'm talking about grammar and construction of sentences)

Personally i have seen only 1 person (she is from japan, i've seen her on youtube) that speaks russian perfectly.
>>
File: 1445035075528.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1445035075528.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
Lots of people speak it bretty gud, Americans are an example of foreigners who speak it pretty well (with a few spelling mistakes here and there)
>>
>>55875987
هاها كبير واحد محمد
>>
>>55876289
يضحك مؤخرتي قبالة لطيفة عائلة واحدة
>>
>>55876416
اعتقدت ذلك إلى أن نكون صادقين تماما
>>
There is a Brit dude who is a professor on Bavarian dialects. He has his own little segment in a daily TV show, it's pretty noice.
>>
Plenty of people speak it well. I don't think there is such a thing as perfect English at this point.
>>
As far as British English goes,
I guess a few Norwegians, lots of Dutch and one Korean girl (but she lived in England as a kid).
>>
>>55875834
Slavs tend to be the best, britbongos the worst.
>>
>>55876746
>I don't think there is such a thing as perfect English at this point.
?
>>
>>55878862
he probably doesn't notice mistakes foreigners make because so many people "speak" english.
>>
Never met a foreigner, who learned to speak Finnish properly.
>>
>>55875834
Once to our university came a Japanese professor that spoked in Ukrainian better than some of the ukrainians lol. It was very unusual.
>>
>>55875834
I have yet to see a foreigner to pronounce the hard "r" sound in spanish, even some sudacas fail at it
>>
>>55875834
Chinese people speak spooky Croatian. I think they have similar success stories all around former Yugoslavia
Fucking CHINESE. I had an encounter in a store once and this girl spoke tremendous Croatian. You see a ching-chong there, they don't even bother learning English, they're simply known as exclusive folk and she speaks like a pro
>>
Native speakers: Dutch, Belgians, Surinamese, Indonesians, Antilles
Fluent: Turks, young Chinese
Fluent with a silly accent: Germans
Rape of our language: Moroccans, Poles
Can't speak Dutch: Americans, British, older Chinese
>>
>>55881331
Even Slavs? We roll that "r" better than the Spanish. We were born with it, baby
>>
>>55881639
Also I met some Venezuelan girls. And they both were fluent within a year, which was pretty cool.
>>
>>55881667
this
>>
>>55881639
>Antillians
>Native

>Turks
>Fluent

Groen Links pls go
>>
>>55881667
On /int/ vocaroo threads Serbs and Croats are the only people who tend to pronounce Dutch like native speakers without any effort.
>>
>>55875834
Yes, an argentinean friend. But he has been living here for 10 years.
>>
>Have you ever seen a foreigner that speaks your language perfectly?

Never.
>>
>>55881755
Ik ben nog nooit een Turk tegengekomen die geen Nederlands sprak.
>>
>>55881766
Literally this, my friend
aiiiiiiiiiiii carrrrrrrrrrrambaaaaaa

We can do all kinds of "r"s, but our standard is very rough, sounds like giving out orders. If you thought Spanish is a highly phonetic and intuitive "letter for letter" language, try Serbo-Croatian. You don't miss a single letter, straight as an arrow. If you write "asknskdjansjfb", you pronounce it like "asknskdjansjfb", no pauses, air suction, diphthongs, half voices, accents...

This is why we speak an Orcish version of every language. Instantly manly-fy them
>>
>>55882286
We have three different R's, but each accent only uses two of them.

Standard Dutch uses a rolling R at the front and in the middle of words.
And an American R if it's the last letter of a word or the stem.
>>
>>55882406
Dutch is also phonetic, although we do combine two letters sometimes to make a new sound (like in French).
And many people don't pronounce the -n at the end of words, which is technically incorrect.
>>
>>55875834
You mean, like, in real life? If so, no, never
>>
Never 100%, but there was an American woman I met who only had very rare slip of the tongue mistakes. That and other relatively fluent people.
>>
>>55875834
Even people who were born here mess up the prosody and all that shit
>>
>>55882406
Interesting...we can do all of them. However, the English/German "r", or how you say "American" is not our natural "r". For example the word "picture", we will pronounce it (doesn't mean everyone pronounces it this way, but our natural way of pronouncing that word) as "pikchrrr". All letters are strongly pronounced. Kind of like you are you reciting someone's crimes as you lash him 50 times
>>
>>55878862
Sort of. It has to do with the many dialects English is spoken in.
>>
>>55876746
>>55878862

I kind of agree. The more people that join the English-speaking party, the less of a standard there is for what is "correct".

Breddy cool t.b.h.
>>
>>55875834
It's pretty rare to see foreigners speaking Turkish and 99% they cant even do it correctly and make it obvious they are foreigner. Kurds and Arabs are exceptions
>>
Yes, I met this guy from Burkina Faso who absolutely kicked ass in Slovene after only two years here. He was a professional bongo drummer/instructor and had a musician's ear for language.
>>
i have never met a foreigner that can speak turkish fluently, as >>55884086 said arabs and kurds are an exception but they tend to learn turkish at a very young age.
>>
>>55884631
True for most of Kurds but I have seen some Syrian refugees and they learn Turkish pretty good too something other foreigners are pretty bad compared to them for example. Probably most of the time they just dont care about it and dont put much effort in it anyway but cant really tell for sure
>>
File: 1266918352_22f8f7eb0d90.jpg (227 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1266918352_22f8f7eb0d90.jpg
227 KB, 640x480
>>55875834
>Personally i have seen only 1 person (she is from japan, i've seen her on youtube) that speaks russian perfectly.
Izumi-chan?
>>
>>55886163
she is ukranian, not a foreigner
>>
I'm pretty shit at languages, but I can still speak English and semi-fluent Spanish, but I can also fluently understand Turkish speaking.
The Middle Eastern and East Asian kids have the biggest problems, but they seem to do better in school regardless. The Poles and Ruskies are troubled as well.
>>
>>55886434
Бля, a я-тo дyмaл................
Дaй ccыль нa тy пиздoглaзyю, кoтopaя хopoшo шпapит пo-pyзcкe.
>>
>>55886968
watch?v=t8pfFe38-eI
>>
>>55887225
A. видeл ee. Oхyeннaя тян.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.