[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me the reasons why you are against whaling while you keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 444x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 444x332
tell me the reasons why you are against whaling while you keep allowing pigs to be killed
>>
>>55859882
its a lot harder to control the whale population
>>
>>55859916
we don't kill endangered ones
and actually numbers of some kinds of whales is increasing
>>
Stop doing it in Australian waters
>>
>>55859882
At least a pig can be shot in the head or have it's skull cracked with a hammer in a single blow.
There is no way to catch and kill a whale in a human way, it's messy.
>>
>>55859987
the Antarctic Ocean is not your water

>>55860012
whales are not the only animals that were killed in a inhumane way
>>
>>55860086
That argument is irrelevant, as we are living in current times now and have a basic understanding of how much these mammals are capable of feeling pain
>>
>>55859940
>we don't kill endangered ones
except Japan does
also whales aren't bred to be killed en-masse
>>
>>55859882
I dont know why we allow japanese pigs to live
Two nukes wasn't enough
>>
>>55859940
yeah but again, the probability of those numbers being correct compared to pigs are lower, its a lot harder to control the population of whales
>>
>>55860128
according to recent surveys, fish can feel pain, too
are you against fishing now?

>>55860150
according to your opinions, Japan shouldn't disrupt the ecosystem, but we have the right to whale if we don't do that?
>>
>>55860182
this
>>
>>55860273
I thought we were talking about intelligent species since you brought up pigs.
>>
>>55860368
it doesn't matter whether an animal has intelligence or not
whether a whale or fish or a pig, they are all equal
>>
>>55860411
I'd stomp on a cockroach without a second thought, but I wouldn't kill a pig.
>>
>>55860430
Cause you're a beta pussy
>>
The reason is obvios to everyone who has a soul. Cetaceans (whales, dolphins etc) aren't dumb beasts. They have a degree of intelligence and awareness that makes killing them crueler than killing other animals like pigs.

You shouldn't destroy things that are beautiful unless you have a good reason and Japan doesn't have a good reason.
>>
File: 1442847462163.png (55 KB, 789x680) Image search: [Google]
1442847462163.png
55 KB, 789x680
>>55860086
>being this disingenuous

No wonder people hate fish heads.
>>
>>55860430
you are allowed pigs to be slaughtered everyday, anyways
what I mean is that all creatures can be killed utilized so that we can live comfortably whether a cockroach or a whale as log as they are not endangered
>>
>>55860546
I don't think they are beautiful. it's your way of thinking

killing animals is equally cruel whether they have better intelligence or worse. the idea of 'killing more intelligent animals is more cruel than killing less intelligent ones' is western value and not ours
>>
>>55860632
Well your values are fucking barbaric.
>>
>>55860826
yes, from your point of view
your country kills seals and i think it's barbaric, but I don't think it should be banned or discouraged
>>
>>55860926
That's Canada, dumb-ass.
> I don't think it should be banned or discouraged
Because you're a godless fucking primitive who's backwards-ass culture doesn't teach empathy.
>>
>>55860430
Isn't the slaughtering of the pig a tradition in eastern Europe? Every year I go to the farms of my grandparents and we kill around eight pigs.
>>
>>55860972
stop discriminating creatures
killing creatures is equally sorrowful.
if we should stop killing them out of empathy, we should stop slaughtering all kinds of them
we live in a sinful world. killing intelligent animals doesn't doesn't make any difference
>>
>>55861117
we feel more empathy towards whales because we don't see it as often, it's massive and it's usually lonesome but in another view you are right

there is no ethical difference between eating pigs and whales excluding possibility of extinction ofc
>>
File: 12293010_f520[1].jpg (22 KB, 520x259) Image search: [Google]
12293010_f520[1].jpg
22 KB, 520x259
>>55861117
Whales are not the same as ants or single celled organisms. Pigs and ants don't take 10 years to reach maturity they also don't feel the range of emotions that whales do. And if you seriously don't think whales are beautiful animals then you should literally kill yourself.
I'm glad Japan's population is falling. It can't fall fast enough imo.
>>
>>55861369
Chopping down a tree that grows slowly like a Bristlecone Pine is not the same as cutting the grass.
>>
>>55861479
Pigs are more intelligent than whales, they can even outsmart dogs and chimpanzees.
>>
>>55861479
whatever you may say, an ant and a whale are the same in that they have a life. and the number of some kinda of whale is increasing.

and
>you should kill yourself if you don't have the same value as mine!
do you know how retareded what you are saying is?
>>
>>55861565
Even if that's true (waiting for proofs), pigs reach sexual maturity in less than a year and have 8 piglets in a litter.
For whales those numbers are 7 and 1.
>>
>>55861634
>do you know how retareded what you are saying is?
Not as retarded as the bullshit "scientific" excuses you pagans pull out of your ass to keep hunting whales.
>>
>>55860632

I agree with this, basically nobody cares about some animal going instinct if it doesn't belong to one of these groups:

-Intelligent
-Big
-Cute

What is the argumentation for any of these traits deserving preservation over other traits in animals?

The answer is that there is none.
>>
>>55861660
>all life is equally worthless. After the heat death of the universe none of it will matter anyway.
>>
>you pagans pull out of your ass to keep hunting whales.
I wanted these words of yours
I don't expect you to understand our culture.
but just don't interfere with us. let us keep doing what we want to do and stay away, fucktard
>>
>>55861691

Stop with the meme replies.

It has nothing to do with some nihilistic view of the world, rather that animals (just as humans) don't deserve to be ranked based on a few shallow criteria that don't really have any logic behind them other than human perception of what is the most important traits in life.
>>
>>55859882
im not against whaling . im against overwhaling . no one is 'allowing pigs to be killed' they're food and we eat them but we also breed them.

there's a huge difference between a domesticated animal we can do whatever we want with and an animal we hunt in the wild .
>>
>>55861841
You can do whatever backwards-shit you like with your own stuff. Whales aren't yours though. Raise your own whales and kill them if it's so important to you.
>>
>>55861898
please understand that, making whales instinct is not what we want either

as long as we hunt them, we will pay more careful attentions than any others so that they won't go extinct
>>
>>55862074
Raise your own in captivity and then you can kill as many as you like you stupid piece of godless yellow shit.
>>
>>55860632
I can see your point, and I agree to some extent. But hey, I'd have no problem with eating human flesh if it was legal. After all, we're just intelligent animals.
>>
>>55862128
eating human flesh is totally another thing, obviously
if human flesh were to be legally allowed, you can put yourself into danger of getting killed.
human-beings must be 'accomplices' to kill other species to live on so that we don't kill each other and coprosper, at least
>>
>>55862268
I'm not talking about killing each other for the sake of eating, just eat parts of people who've died in collisions and such.
>>
>>55862341
it still should be banned because some get addicted to human flesh and start to kill others
>>
>>55862407
Lol what? If you're willing to kill for your addiction, you have some serious problems.
>>
File: 1456385685760.jpg (9 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
1456385685760.jpg
9 KB, 181x182
>>55861841
>Killing whales
>Culture

Between that and your shitty cartoons for manchildren and pedophiles you should be ashamed of sayin something like that, are japs even human?
>>
>>55862580
those who kill for addiction must have serious problems. but for example, drug addicts necessarily kill others because their absolute goal is to rub money while the human flesh addicts' goal is to kill human itself
>>
>>55862751
Holy shit lmao, youre so out of touch with the world takahara, you should go outside once in a while
>>
>>55862751
But you can't get physically addicted to meat. You can love the taste of it and long for it, sure, but you won't get addicted to it. At least not in the same people get addicted to drugs.
>>
>>55862744
other country's culture sometimes look weird
pls keep it in your mind m8
>>
>>55862751
So why is Japan addicted to killing whales? Everyone hates you for doing it, it makes you look like savages and whale doesn't even taste good. Is it an addiction?
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 230x219
>>55859882
we've domesticated and breed pigs for food you idiot, do you breed whales?

stop killing whales japofag!
>>
>>55862841
It's worse; it's culture.
>>
I'm not, whale all you want
>>
>>55862862
I'm from New England. I should burn hippies at the stake as witches.
>It's my culture, bro!
>>
>>55859882

Because it serves no purpose. The oil isn't used anymore, the meat is toxic. The only reason your government does it is to act big
>>
>>55862751
>drug addicts don't necessarily*

>>55862803
>you can't get physically addicted to meat
proof? are you sure nobody would get addicted to human flesh without any single exceptions?
and how about psychologically?
>>
>>55862882
To be fair though, culture is the cause of a lot of stupid shit. Is marrying small children okay? Not really, but it's culture in some countries so it's all good.
>>
>>55862074
Lol. Top kek explanation. You're a fucking animal
>>
>>55862128
>But you can't get physically addicted to meat.

No, but psychos out there might get addicted to the thrill and the adrenaline that comes with preying on humans and human flesh.

Also, we aren't genetically programmed eat our own kind.
>>
>>55862928
I fucking love hamburgers. It's pretty much my favorite dish. Yet I'm not addicted to them. I don't feel like I'm in desperate need of them at all times, like addicting things often makes you feel, like for instance nicotine. I'd guess that the same goes for human meat. It's just meat, with the same qualities as other types of meat. You won't get addicted to it.
>>
>>55862841
>So why is Japan addicted to killing whales?
we kill whales just as you kill pigs. I don't know it's called addiction.
>Everyone hates you for doing it, it makes you look like savages
not everyone. and we will keep insisting our legitimacy of whaling as long as we are right whoever may disagree
>whale doesn't even taste good.
some Japanese like it.
>>
>>55863074
We're not genetically programmed to eat ass either, but people still do it.
>>
>>55862975
>Is marrying small children okay? Not really, but it's culture in some countries so it's all good.

Bruh, you're literally explaining this from a cultural point of view.
>>
>>55863081
being desperate for human flesh itself is problematic
>>
>>55862975
You, Europeans, had a tradition to burn infidels, that was a kinda part of your "culture". Was it any good? I don't think so.
>>
>>55863110
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moral_equivalence
>>
>>55863083
>we will keep insisting our legitimacy of whaling as long as we are right whoever may disagree
You're like petulant children.
>>
Well the difference is that one is a domestic farm animal which has a massive population while another is a wild marine animal which is going extinct.
>>
>>55863151
Yes, but it's also logical. Marrying a child who's not fully developed, nor capable of making reasonable choices and such is just plain fucking disgusting. You don't have to be a genius to see that. Same goes for a lot of other cultural traditions. They get a free pass just because they're cultural traditions, even though they're immoral.
>>
>>55863336
>Minkes
>Going extinct
In general terms I think Japan are being a bunch of arseholes whaling in the Southern Ocean when we tell them not to, but to be perfectly candid most of the whales that they harvest are nowhere near extinct.
>>
>>55863202
No it wasn't it was fucking retarded. There's a lot of traits of my own culture which I think is retarded.
>>
>>55863333
then stop allowing civilians to own guns murrica
everyone hates you for doing that lmao
>>
File: 1455736860014.gif (509 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1455736860014.gif
509 KB, 500x375
>>55859882
i don't care, just don't damage the animal populations and the environment too much and you can hunt as much as you want
we eat cows, pigs, sheep, chickens etc these are all intelligent and social creatures, you can get a cow to do tricks and shiet
and the fucking chinks eat dogs and cats as well
it is highly hypocritical when westerners talk about "muh whales, muh seals", when eating other types of meat
>>
>>55863559
>muh second amendment
>muh freedom
>>
>>55859882
tell me the reasons why you are against killing black people while you keep allowing white people to be killed
>>
>>55863559
Here's a big difference between America and Japan. In America, we have various controversial things, and some people speak out against them and some people speak out FOR them. At the very least we agree that gun violence is a problem that needs to be fixed.

In Japan, none of you have the balls to speak up about the shitty cultural bullshit that you do because you have that "wa" concept that turns you all into robots. And it's not just whales, you have that festival where you kill a shit-ton of dolphins for no good reason, gay rights never get talked about and the Burakumin still are discriminated against and no one talks about them. And it's not because you want to protect your culture, it's because you're all a bunch of mindless, soulless cowards who are too suborn to feel the fucking winds of change.
>>
>>55859882
make whale farms and nobody will complain anymore.
But you selfish japs destroy the ocean biosystem.

No matter how many whales you kill it won't make your ugly asian faces look better.
>>
>>55861369
most of the whale meat isn't eaten.
It just rots away.

The main purpose why Japan kills whales is because they harm the fishing industry.
>>
>>55859882
Farm your own whales and kill them instead of shitting up the waters of countries that actually have a history of whaling but had to stop due to ecological reasons

Japs are fucking korean tier
>>
>>55863891
You're like petulant children lel
>>
>>55863441
>Is just plain fucking disgusting

As is eating human flesh.

Also, marrying doesn't mean coitus.
Sure, fucking some prepubescent child is all kinds of fucked up regardless of culture, but it doesn't mean marrying a child is.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x236
>>55859882

Whale meat is tasty, that is reason enough to hunt whales tbqh. If the rest of the world tasted some whale they would stop with their whining.
>>
1. Killing intelligent endangered species.
2. Claiming to kill endangered species under the pretend of "research" while J*pan hasn't published any research in this field EVER.
3. J*panese can hardly be considered human due to the amount of radiation they have absorbed from several nuclear bombs and radiation leaks from nuclear power plants.
>>
>>55863891
The voice of truth here in this thread.
>>
Bacon causes less CO2 emissions per calories than fucking salad.

Eating pigs will save the planet. Whales, not so much.
>>
File: tumblr_n755ofYsHb1tsp1wuo1_400.gif (18 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n755ofYsHb1tsp1wuo1_400.gif
18 KB, 400x321
I have no idea why you guys are so sympathetic to whales while you often say mean things about others (other races,religions,countries).
>>
>>55866024
the minute whales start producing terrorists we'll let you hunt them
>>
>>55859882
pigs are breedable

whales are not.
>>
Mammals have empathy/feelings/can love others or what ever; that's mostly why I don't like the idea of killing mammals.
>>
>>55859940
you trespass in areas where whale hunting is banned
just like I can't go to Denmark and kill a pig in the street, you can't go to protected Antarctic waters to go fishing. That ocean belongs to the whole world, not to Japan. You can hunt whales within 200 nm of your coastline, but fuck off out of the southern hemisphere.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.