[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Somebody convince me to salvage my homework from this worthless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 1456866567344.png (80 KB, 316x300) Image search: [Google]
1456866567344.png
80 KB, 316x300
Somebody convince me to salvage my homework from this worthless educational hell.

What do you think of education that leads to endless unemployment and crushing of dreams?
>>
simply study a not shit degree and be somewhat active in networking and extracurricular shit and education still pays off extremely well. At least thats how it works in america
>>
>>55855640
it works like that everywhere, actually
>>
I think I don't even care anymore.

I dropped college twice, and now I passed again to one of the best universities in the country (as if that means much, it's fucking Brazil), but studying is hell.
I hope this time around I can get it done with but I'm not too confident. At least this time I'm close to family (same city) so I can't just become a shut-in without my family noticing.
>>
>>55855590
>What do you think of education that leads to endless unemployment and crushing of dreams?

Why did you take a women's studies course?
>>
>>55855640
Except education is free here and if you do not study 100% of the time, rlevant to interests or not, the government anal probes you.
>>
>>55855697
in what way?
>>
>>55855697
i thought you enjoyed anal probing
>>
>>55855590

Change your subject you pathetic RUC aspirant
>>
YOU LIED TO ME /int/ YOU SAID I WOULD GET A JOB IF I DID MECHANICAL ENGINEERING REEEEEE

T. DECEMBER 2015 GRADUATE
>>
>>55855710
In America you do all the applicationing and funding. In Denmark you have to convince government employees that you need their money in exchange for your free will.
>>
>>55855742
see >>55855640
working is for normies
>>
>>55855765
I thought STEM was the redpill?
>>
>>55855742
m. eng is pretty saturated right now but if you are outright unable to find a job you fucked up along the way. Im chemistry but I work with a lot of engineering students and internships are part of the curriculum and just about everyone gets jobs right out of highschool at one of the places they did rotations in as long as they arnt complete dumbasses
>>
>>55855778
nope. you still need connecting people and moving around your resume
>>
>>55855742
chill its only been two months. Keep applying
>>
File: 5373573575375.jpg (24 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
5373573575375.jpg
24 KB, 300x240
>>55855791
>Just be socially competent
>>
>>55855778
STEM is still king as far as jobs go but if you plan on cruising through college while not doing any research work, TAing, internships, or other forms of resume building you cannot expect to find a job right away.
>>
Education makes me wish i was a traditional housewife
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1136x640
>>55855827
I purposefully choose to be socially incompetent even though I am overall "normal."

I'm in the same boat as you OP. I can't even figure out if the reality is just what I make of it, let alone why I'm studying so hard for a job and a normal life where eventually I die and finally get to figure out if I was memeing myself the whole time.
>>
File: classlist.png (30 KB, 1676x289) Image search: [Google]
classlist.png
30 KB, 1676x289
>>55855827
what field are you in? At least in chemistry you can be an antisocial autist and still build your resume with plenty of great shit. For example I do about 10-12 hours of research work a week with a professor and from this Ive gotten my name published in a few scientific journals and have gotten to attend research conventions where ive just naturally met several people without having to really search them out. I was actually approached by a chemicals company offering me a job as a lab technician the moment I graduate and I would likely have taken them up on it if I wasnt planning on graduate school.

It really isnt hard anon. you just have to try
>>
>>55855742
engineers are fags

no one will hire you because you are a fag
>>
>>55855982
Math. The problem with EU is that unlike the US, if you don't deliver peak performance and constant attendance (because you are literally a walking governmental asset gaining value) it takes a company a snap of the fingers and they've got their shit outsourced to eastern EU countries.
>>
>>55856082
Fuck off m8
>>
>>55856115
t. fag
>>
>>55856100

>Math

Well at least you can teach Gym. Shame about the salary though
>>
The dichotomy of either work or study to be successful seriously makes me want to kill myself, I'm completely hopeless at university and I seriously think I would have a better life as a wageslave at McDonalds instead of this shit. I just want to be a rich playboy who sails between Nice and Dubai in my yacht, is that too much to ask?
>>
File: 2a6.jpg (31 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
2a6.jpg
31 KB, 509x619
>>55856147
When the fuck are we leaving this Union?
>>
>>55856100
Yea I can see why they would do that. I think demanding a certain standard of performance is fair. In america you can cruise through college and do poorly and nobody will tell you you are fucking up so it leads to instances where people graduate and then cant find jobs which is basically the same scenario as people in your country except they have debt to deal with.
>>
>>55856238
The problem with the money being spent not being yours is that they will constantly check up on you, if you're set back by stress or depression you are fucking finished.
>>
>>55855982
how the fuck do you do all that shit without blowing your brains out? Do you have any kind of life outside of school?
>>
>>55856143
At least i'm not a cuck
>>
>>55856238

Too much pussy hippie crap when it comes to funding courses. You'll actually get paid to study the history and aesthetics of dance

http://artsandculturalstudies.ku.dk/education/dance-studies/
>>
>>55856291
It helps that I also TA a few chemistry classes for pay and never really have to leave the building outside of physics. I typically go from 8/8:30-6:00 every day but thursday where I go till 8:00. I actually enjoy going to class, doing research, and working in the same area because all the upper level chemistry students and the professors know each other and it creates a very friendly atmosphere. I dont really have a life outside of this because I pretty much just do homework and browse /int/, /sci/, and /tg/ until I fall asleep on weekdays and hang out with friends every 1 or 2 weeks on weekends and to be honest im 100% ok with this. I enjoy my life where it is right now.

>>55856281
Its still basically the same thing here. If you fall behind 1 semester it becomes extremely hard to salvage your GPA and makes it harder to get scholarships. Ill admit that I dont know the specifics of denmarks system but the biggest difference im seeing here is who is footing the bill.

>>55856346
thats a shame. I dont really understand why people go to school to study a hobby.
>>
>>55856467
that sounds fucking terrible. I would get stir crazy staying in one place for so long.
>>
>>55856614
It helps a lot that I genuinely enjoy chemistry and the people I work with. You may want to change your opinion soon because chances are you will be spending most of your day in the same 1 or 2 spots every day if you are anything like 95% of the world.
>>
>>55856655
>Middle ages
>The peasant only knows his place of work.

>Information age
>The peasant only knows his place of work, but can pretend he can do more.
>>
Fuck this, my only life quality is taking care of a house.

XX chromosome womb transplant when.
>>
>>55855982

>I'm a chemist, I'm smarter than you but disguise it

fixed that for you
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.