[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your country's stance and your stance on nuclear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Englishsm.png (6 KB, 392x368) Image search: [Google]
Englishsm.png
6 KB, 392x368
What is your country's stance and your stance on nuclear power, /int/?
>>
The average American doesn't like it, partially because of accidents like Three Mile Island but mostly because of over-coverage of said accidents in the media, probably done so to keep fossil fuel industries propped up.
>>
"Get out of here,Stalker"
>>
It's better than coal
>>
In austria we dont need this shit
>>
>>55847705
Not a fan, but it's not an important issue for me because I'm a nihilist
>>
>>55847705
I think there are many here that are afraid of nuclear power. But for many countries, nuclear is the most effective and greenest way to provide power to as many people as possible.
>>
Nuclear weapon is the only thing that keeps us from democratic NATO bombing
Without nuclear weapon me and all my friends would be dead already
>>
>>55847705
>country's stance
A few don't like it, but they like cheap electricity so they usually fuck off

>My stance
I like cheap electricity
>>
NO THANKS
>>
80% yes, I guess...
>>
Nuclear power is could solution for now. However we should find other energy sources as np is just a short-time-solution

Im kinda proud to live in country without any nuclear energy
>>
We've decided to abolish the shitty version and are leading in researching the awesome version. pic related
>>
File: 1444590912204.jpg (36 KB, 356x374) Image search: [Google]
1444590912204.jpg
36 KB, 356x374
>>55848920
>Im kinda proud to live in country without any nuclear energy
>>
>>55849062
Alps should be clean from all of this crap
>>
We are building the biggest solar power station in the world which is good. And build a nuclear power station which is bad.
>>
>>55848999
fuck I love W-7X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-fbBRAxJNk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyqt6u5_sHA
>>
>>55847705
we are the biggest nuclear shill there is and have the highest number of nuclear reactors per capita in the world
>>
File: Zwentendorf.jpg (71 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
Zwentendorf.jpg
71 KB, 800x602
>>55847705
Government wants to build new power plants, imho they should, at this moment there is nothing better than nuclear power, general public opinion whether to build new plants or just keep old ones is ambivalent.

>>55848920
>>55849062
>Im kinda proud to live in country without any nuclear energy.
Australians are huge cucks, pic related
>>
> Nuclear power
If handled well, it will be a clean and cost-efficient way of producing energy. We're the only country in South America with home-made nuclear power plants, besides Brazil of course.
>>
its not in use, faggot, its partly a museum & you can rent it as a party location
>>
>>55850112
>australians

>
>>
Nuclear power is very useful, and way better than coal or oil.

The problem is that happenings like Fukushima and Chernobyl completely negates everything positive about it.

It's like guns. One random guys does something insane with a gun, and now nobody should use them.
>>
>>55851121
where does your energy come from, in Australia?
>>
>>55851259
I mean, it's a serious question
>>
Even though we have one of the world's largest uranium deposits and a massive fucking uninhabited desert use it in, both parties and the general public are strongly against it. "Oh no, you'll hurt the aboriginies, anon. Think of the waste generated. Save the desert bilby"
>>
>>55850112
Its not in use faggot, its partly a museum & you can rent as a party location
>>
>What is your country's stance
Nuclear is good but we have to get on the green energy memetrain

> your stance
Nuclear is the best fuck solar panels fuck windmills fuck the green energy scam fuck England and fuck Germany.
>>
>>55851259
>>55851768
Coal. The coal mining lobby is strong enough in the conservative party to prevent adoption of an alternative, and the leftists are against anything other than placebo wind farms. We do have enough to power the nation, so I guess we can't complain.
>>
>>55847705
Its banned.
we dont want czarnobyl v4
>>
>countries stance
Kum by yah my lord

>my stance
Only through continued use of nuclear power will we maximise it's efficiency whilst making it a cleaner alternative. I fully support it and you shouldn't rely on soviets or fucking Japs for knowing when something's not safe.
>>
>>55851857
So the majority of Australian energy come from coal?
>>
>>55851973
By Far. Origin Energy is telling me 73 percent coal. The rest is natural gas and renewable pushing the price up.
>>
>>55852119
Each state is a bit different, I think SA had quite a lot of renewable, WA is a mix of coal and gas (much less than your 73% is coal)

But most of the Sydney and Melbourne baseload is definitely coal
>>
>>55852368
>Melbourne not 100% solar
This is honestly a surprise desu
>>
File: 6133770_124640281296.jpg (16 KB, 250x351) Image search: [Google]
6133770_124640281296.jpg
16 KB, 250x351
>>55852447
>go 100% solar
>no electricity at night and when it's cloudy
>contaminated environment permanently by just making the damn things
>b-b-but it's green
>>
>cunt
hell will freeze before we use that shit
>me
i agree, too many earthquakes to risk it
>>
>Cunt
No
>Me
Yes, but no thanks. Chile is a seismic country and we're not even close to Japanese levels of care and quality, so it wouldn't work with us.
>>
>>55851973
Hydro and wind power.
We don't need that nuclear crap.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>55852837
>wind power
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.