[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americans Ask Stupid Questions General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1438405074046.jpg (122 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
1438405074046.jpg
122 KB, 999x624
How come so many of you non-anglosphere fags know English so well? Almost every foreigner I've met that speaks English at all has to stop and think between every 2 words.
>>
>>55828149
>How come so many of you non-anglosphere fags know English so well?
Are we part of the Anglosphere? Because English is my native language.
>>
>>55828226
English is one of the official languages of Singapore. What other languages do you speak?
>>
>>55828149
It's because we're constantly being bombarded with American """"""""""""" culture """"""""""""
>>
>>55828283
Shit-tier Mandarin (I'm a chink, and had to learn it in school - the language used for all education outside of foreign language is English though). I'm learning German, though half-assedly.
>>
>>55828338
How many people do you talk to from China? Do you have recent family-ties there?
>>
>>55828149
We're are good at reading/writing but in IRL none of these autist would be able to keep a normal conversation in english
>>
Movies, series, and many interesting things on the Internet is in English.

I'm more or less bilingual. I have a disgusting accent though. It's funny because I know how to pronounce things, but my mouth just doesn't follow.
>>
>>55828438
>It's funny because I know how to pronounce things, but my mouth just doesn't follow.
Sounds like a lot of the weebs here. They can describe the pronunciation better than they do it.
>>
>>55828149
We:

1. Learn it at school, and the foreign language curriculum in our countries does not suck like it does in murrica
2. Browse internet and consume media that are mostly English, and to make things easier for us we move on from subtitles and dubs
3. Have to talk online, and we do so in English.
4. Use the language in our work, or to do work-related stuff
>>
>>55828404
>How many people do you talk to from China?
I have a few Chinese friends.
>Do you have recent family-ties there?
I'm descended from Malaysian and Indonesian chinks, so I doubt I have any close relatives in China.
>>
Not being fluent in English is a handicap in most well payed jobs. It's not hard to master a foreign language, the problem is most language schools and teachers suck major balls.
>>
>>55828149
This question certainly merits it's own thread, if you compare it with 90% of the rest of the garbage this forum is filled with.
>>
>>55828725
thank you.. I think.
>>
File: consider-the-following-300x226.jpg (16 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following-300x226.jpg
16 KB, 300x226
>>55828149
>Almost every foreigner I've met that speaks English at all has to stop and think between every 2 words.

Either your foreigner friends are just lazy bums. Or maybe, just maybe, you cannot judge the fluency when the only means of communicating on this site is via text. And in reality most of us has to stop and think between every 2 words, when we are actually speaking.
>>
>>55828916
I appreciated your humility. Honestly it came as a shock after scrolling through pages of ">tfw no gf", "what did she mean by this?" (with a webm of a girl puking after deep throat) and "WE"
>>
People who don't have English as their native language should be buttfucked like the little stuttering sluts they are desu
>>
>>55829136
This tbqh
/int/ has honestly gone to shit
>>
File: 1430834814682.jpg (21 KB, 339x340) Image search: [Google]
1430834814682.jpg
21 KB, 339x340
>>55829171
>tfw I actually came here to discuss international issues
>>
>>55829136
>>55829171
I haven't been on in a while and it does seem quite different. Kinda like how /x/ used to be more interesting years back because they talked more about concepts and ideas. Now it's just "alieums proofed."
>>
>>55829237
BIGGEST BLUNDER YET
>>
File: 1447412391208.jpg (40 KB, 340x376) Image search: [Google]
1447412391208.jpg
40 KB, 340x376
>>55829237
Same here. I can appreciate a bit of banter but the board should really return to its original purpose. We need new mods.
>>
>>55829265
mods have fucked off for good and it's turned into /b/ 2.0

I need to stop wasting my life on this shithole
>>
>>55829073
>And in reality most of us has to stop and think between every 2 words, when we are actually speaking.
If you're not doing the same when typing, that's mostly because of nerves and lack of confidence in language skill. Typing is a crutch in a way since you can't embarass yourself as easily - it's always possible to rewrite a post.
>>
>>55829372
/b/ is still far worse, but that doesn't mean we should let this board stoop to that level.
>>
They teach at school.

But since mostly are shitty, most people go to english schools.
>>
>>55829410
/b/ is hardy even tolerable anymore, and this is coming from someone who frequents /s4s/
>>
>>55829462
>hardy even tolerable anymore
I would have said that 5 years ago. it's so far beyond that point now I don't even know what I'd say.
>>
It wasn't always like this until the internet boom of the early 00s in many European countries...
>>
>>55829497
there was a long period I only visited /mu/ and then only like a few times a month
>>
>>55829506
Are you seriously blaming the decline of quality of fucking 4chan on the 00s internet spread?
>>
>>55829750
The rise of English education
>>
>>55829750
I think he is talking about the English speaking thing. I hope.
>>
>>55828149
Almost fluent, (nice me, so optimistic), but I still finishing reading my the first English book by professor J. R. R. Tolkien.
>>
>>55829832
Which book?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.