[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/balk/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: snake.gif (494 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
snake.gif
494 KB, 500x230
SMOKING KILLS EDITION
>>
>>55803368
no offense to turks but without ottomans bringing us into their backwater stupid empire we would be 1st world atm, western europe tier and we would love each other
>>
File: WORLD.png (241 KB, 1078x735) Image search: [Google]
WORLD.png
241 KB, 1078x735
>>55803377
>>
>>55803377
Dod you know that cigarette is a frenhc word .
You're welcome
>>
File: believe.jpg (88 KB, 620x820) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
88 KB, 620x820
who /leventis/ here?
>>
>>55803428
Greece is #1 actually

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

Balkan dominates the top list tho
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-17-20h48m36s32.png (336 KB, 540x395) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-17-20h48m36s32.png
336 KB, 540x395
>>
>>55803413
Quite possible that the Ottomans had some negative effects in the long run but those counterfactuals...The loving each other part certainly wouldn't be true but Islam did add one more dimension of multiculturalism.

>>55803428
Tri cigareta.
>>
>>55803448
proud voter reporting in
I will do it again
>>
>>55803377
did kozima really put a warning
>>
>>55803448
here, lets hope he'll become stronger next elections after syriza bites the dust
I forsee
ND -> GD -> Syriza tho sadly if the bad shit continues
>>
>>55803478
>kυριε βυζαντινοτετοιε
χαχαχαχαχα
>>
>>55803503
>.The loving each other part certainly wouldn't be true
the whole of europe hated each other to death, the ethnicities got to sort out their differences though and build trust and civic institutions/traditions

we didn't, it's pretty basic stuff
>>
>>55803448
Yes hello

>>55803600
I cannot understand the GD support, is it cause I'm not from athens?
>>
>>55803600
How is GD bad? what have they done to destroy the country like ND, PASOK or SYRIZA?
>>
>>55803700
yeah this because ottoshits delayed our progress, today even the french and english the greatest of adversaries are buddies but balkans is 300 years behind couz of turkshits
>>
>>55803700
LEL, just look at any multiethnic place. You do remember the expulsions from all over Europe, not just in the Balkans, right up until after WW2 right? The UK isn't the sole representative of Europe.

Balkan relations among most countries on the official level are just fine.
>>
just woke up senpaitachi

ama
>>
>>55803760
>How is GD bad? what have they done to destroy the country like ND, PASOK or SYRIZA?
Ok I'll bite.

How is it good?
>>
>>55803883
i envy your NEETdom, my back hurts from lifting shit in the store, fuck me, i hate work and life
>>
File: 1447092769567.jpg (882 KB, 966x3054) Image search: [Google]
1447092769567.jpg
882 KB, 966x3054
>>55803937
join the NEET masterrace then
>>
>>55803983
buuuut muh money
even if the pay is fucking pathetic its something, idk
>>
>>55803983
I was a NEET for a year and I hated it. Now I'm a student again and I hate it.
>>
>>55803912
not a GD supporter, but they used to feed poor citisens till syriza actually made it illegal to have "only greek common meals". they literally outlawed feeding poor people. they voted that together with the cohabitation
>>
File: xd.jpg (125 KB, 513x534) Image search: [Google]
xd.jpg
125 KB, 513x534
>>55804016
>money
how much 200-300 euros ? you can make that much by typing texts on the internet

>>55804088
>I was a NEET for a year and I hated it.
You are born2bewageslave

> I'm a student again and I hate it.
Greek genes stepped in

>>55795117
>>
>>55804202
what texts? I cant program
>>
>>55804219
to literally copy text from a picture of a book or audio into word
>>
>>55804106
Yeah let's elect them for populist bullshit the way we did with syriza.
How are they going to fix the damn country?
>>
>>55804282
how, ive made some money once translating a website but I had to directly contact the website owners to ask if they needed a translation and was willing to do it for free, then they're like "here have 100 euros"
>>
>tfw a girl from Bitola jumped my bones in Salonica just because I made a point of constantly calling her "Macedonian"

Anyone else fan of /macedoniannamegamepua/ here?
>>
>>55804299
told you, not a GD supporter, these people are complete retards whose only plan is to somehow kick the immigrants and praise zeus

they are just a classic case of parakratic (dont know how you say it) criminal organisation that is filling the holes that the goverment allowed to exist. although they are disgusting they do some actual good
>>
штo миcлитe зa пocлeднaтa eмиcијa нa вacкo eфтoв?
>>
>>55804551
Yeah they're not the devil I get that.
I still think it's insane that people believe they should be involved in politics much less govern the country.
>>
>>55803442
And I thought the French had class.
>>
>>55804768
кaквa e тeмaтa?
>>
>>55803853
europe is a multiethnic place dude, are you serious?
>>
>>55804536
sly fox
>>
>>55804312
it's actually not a bad idea. was it a business operating in the balkans? I just can't really see a massive demand for macedonian language - since there is only like a couple of million native speakers?
>>
>>55804949
You seem to have misunderstood what I said so let me explicate: relatively homogeneous states vs multiethnic empires with no clear majorities overall and some very mixed regions.

Areas like Alsace aren't in the Balkans either last time I checked.
>>
>>55805172
idk but this website was lacking a macedonian translation, im like "I can do it", they're like "sure", I do it, they're like "take 100 euros" im like ok, 1 time thing, wtf is that guy talking about tho making 200-300 euros month writing texts
>>
>>55804946
интepвјy co poдитeлитe нa дeцaтa штo зaгинaa нa cмилкoвcкo eзepo
нoви дoкaзи нoви apгyмeнти
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z67qMjILrTI
>>
File: real art.jpg (166 KB, 808x989) Image search: [Google]
real art.jpg
166 KB, 808x989
>>
>>55805023
Do you think I should write an article and forward it to Roosh for his next book "Banging the Balkans"?
>>
>>55805174
the balkans would have turned like france or germany or spain or italy very easily, populations largely speaking slavic, instead they are now divided in 50 tiny states

about us whatever, we're special snowflakes, at least we would have a stable neighborhood
>>
>>55805209
idk think you'd struggle unless you have a very high level of english (or another language.) there is definitely some demand - easiest probably being transcription or translation.

my friend can earn around 100 dollars an article, but he's been writing for some massive websites for the last 5-7 years or so and has a big social media reach.
>>
>>55805277
>the balkans would have turned like france or germany or spain or italy very easily, populations largely speaking slavic, instead they are now divided in 50 tiny states

Nevermind that the only pre-Ottoman state that actually ever united the Balkans south of the Danube was pre-Slavic migrations Rome (only Byzantium during Basil II came close again later on).

You do realize that France, Spain and Italy are the result of specific top-to-bottom processes that weren't exactly 'natural' outcomes, right?
>>
>>55805294
im not sure what the NEET anon was talking about when he said "making money writing texts online", dont think he was talking about translation.
>>
>>55803769
the fault of the ottomans are that they didnt act like the britts did to some of their former colonies

And that is to utterly genocide them. Thats what the Ottomans should have done, erase any form of balkan culture and cleanse the balkans.

Frankly, you should be happy you are even alive today.
>>
>>55805639
It could mean a bunch of things and none of them are as simple as they sound anon.
>>
>>55805787
ottomans without balkans would be bashing their heads with sticks to this day, thanks to us you stole all the advancement after you occupied balkan, stole the literature, stole the people as jannisaries and such, copied our civilized way of life, and left that turk mentality which ravaged the balkans from then until now, why couldn't they just stay and play with their tatar buddies in central asia but had to come into europe after being cucked by arabshits into accepting their goatfucking religion...
>>
>>55805512
who said a slavic balkan nation would have to be "natural"
>Nevermind pre-ottoman...
I don't understand your point, at all.
Are you trying to imply that because it didn't happen in the early history (literally 500 years since they arrived), it shouldn't happen at all?
sounds like weak excuses at best and ottoman apologism at worst
>>
>>55805787
Do you really believe the retardation you're spouting or is this some low-tier baiting?

By the way, the Turks relied on their minorities for everything from their navy to their commerce to their intellectual life.
>>
>>55805787
>muh ottomans awoooo praise tengri :D
they would have genocided the turks first and foremost then
>>
>>55805787
wat
a fairer comparison would be the home nations anyway, and there's still tension here despite there being no clear linguistic or ethnic boundaries. balkans problem is overlapping linguistic/ethnic groups and greater powers (including the ottomans) using divide and conquer for hundreds of years to get their way. hate and nationalism will run deep if you have a history of ethnic cleansing.
>>
>>55805890
No one said that it "shouldn't" happen. But you also seem to view it like some natural outcome that would have happened. And that's a big NOPE.
>>
>>55805869
jannisaries turned out to be an utter shitty mistake, bunch of retarded cucks

rest is lotsa delusionalism

>why couldn't they just stay and play with their tatar buddies in central asia but had to come into europe
we are man and that is what man do

>>55805972
Im talking about balkans. Could have easily cleansed the vast majority of them. Would have been absolutely no problem at all.
>>
>>55805787
Literally this guy >>>55804631
>>
>>55806105
why were u cucked by arabs into accepting their religion? you abandoned tengri for no reason
>>
>>55806039
>that's a big NOPE
source: my ass
I view it as a big chance given their close linguistic and cultural ties, a slav leader that would expand along the balkan region instead of doing raids on the byzantine south and then establish a dynasty would be all it would take for them to develop a common consciousness like the (much different) french iberians or italians did
>>
>>55806152
Shit 404.
He's a moroccan mudslime.
>>
>>55806105
Greeks as sailors, Greeks and Vlachs as merchants, Slavs as fighters, even Albanians were overrepresented. And so on.

Also a reminder that Turks are native rape-babies. The Seljuks caused enough destruction in Anatolia, don't you worry.
>>
>>55806179
we took islam ourselves, it was a favorable one to conquer

iirc muhammed said some shit like "one day people will come here and they will conquer and they will be the legimate sucessor of me" or something like that

the caliphate was also a cheap way to control arabs, they saw legitimacy in the empire as long as they conquested

>>55806152
does not open

>>55806249
it doesnt matter, after the 17th century when the ottoman dream was crushed in wien, it was over they should have called it quits and just genocided them all
>>
>>55806182
Do you jerk off to those fantasies? Counterfactuals are fun but ultimately worthless.

Please go back in time and convince Bulgaria, the Serb and Croat states to unite.

Maybe you can also prevent the Byzantine mismanagement of Armenia and stop the Seljuks at Mantzikert.
>>
romanian-shitposting-intensifies.webm
>>
>>55806346
hahahah what vague bullshit, typical religious hogwash i guess, "one day some person will walk through here and he will etc etc"

should have stayed tengri tho, would have been way cooler than being m*slim
>>
>>55806249
the turks revolted much more against the ottomans than christians did, the guy obviously thinks turks were something special in a country that was ruled by a dynasty with negligible genetic ties to turks and a language that was anything but turkish
turks were literally the last ethnicity left in the empire at the end, so they appropriated the symbols, reconstructed a language and said "we ottomans nao"
>>
File: SYRIZA_logo_2014.png (11 KB, 300x84) Image search: [Google]
SYRIZA_logo_2014.png
11 KB, 300x84
Why is SYRIZA so based?
>>
>>55806370
>Do you jerk off to those fantasies?
aren't we talking about what ifs?
why are you cursing?
why are you posting irrelevant shit to the possible unification of the south slavs?
all in all you sound kinda mad because you can't reply in a constructed argumentative fashion, so fuck off kid.
>>
>>55806424
That's unfortunately also a result of Balkanites (minus the Muslims) dissing the Ottoman period and adhering to the narrative that the Turkish-speaking peasants of Anatolia were our grand masters.

The Ottomans were quite tolerant and decent at running a multiethnic state compared to the Seljuks and many of the other successor states. The Greek-speaking population of Bithynia (which also had Balkan Slavic ancestry considering previous Byzatnine forced migrations) was probably the greatest % of the early "Ottomans".
>>
>>55806424
yeah, revolted because the empire was shit, at a time they were delusionally going on with their shitty conquest and embarassing themselves every fucking second after the 17th century, they should have resolidifed their current positions, and one of those main points was to cleanse most of the balkans with bits of forced conversion.

>turks were literally the last ethnicity left in the empire at the end, so they appropriated the symbols, reconstructed a language and said "we ottomans nao"
This is utterly retarded, did you even read what you just wrote?
>>
File: file.png (301 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
file.png
301 KB, 400x580
>>55806496
EY PIZZA
>>
>>55806523
Stop whining about cursing when you post shit like "source: my ass" while providing just as much reasoning for your position. I do agree it's a pointless conversation either way.
>>
>>55806561
>muh nationalistic narrative
>boohooawwooohoo
back to /tr/ gastarbeiter
>>
>>55806590
literally 20 years ago if you would say "i am ottoman ottoman is best we ottomans" in turkey you would literally get thrown into jail, please dont talk about shit you dont know anything about

>>55806408
why do you think the ar*bs accepted ottoman rule so easily?

>caliphate
>muhammed said some shit
>conquest to the west

etc
>>
>>55806664
their flag shows otherwise, you are living in fucking belgium anyway so I suspect you know the least from anyone itt about turkey
>>
>>55806664
Man, just get out with your shitty bait. Let's talk about the Mongols and how they should have genocided the Oghuz, it'll make for just as riveting conversation.
>>
>>55806664
>that flag
what are you, second, maybe third generation? I see youre integrating nicely
>>
Guys go to sleep. The Balkans have never been as peaceful as they are today. Everything is fine.
>>
>>55806737
I can't I drunk a bottle of coke unconsciously
>>
>>55806711
like i said, we are man and that is what man do, fair play is fair play, kill or get killed

>>55806709
my god nigger, ataturk and kemalism was literally all about saying fuck you to the ottomans

you are literally saying they took the language and butchered it, and afterward say "we are ottoman :D"

do you now see how stupid it is, if they would say we are ottoman why the fuck would they do that with the language jesus christ
>>
>>55806737
that can change pretty fast desu, conflicts spreads fast in the balkans and shit like refugee crisis is provoking it
>>
>>55806827
No but they claim it as an exclusive heritage, which is of course blatantly false
>>
>>55806844
The refugee crisis is a double win for Turkey too. They get the EU money and help destabilize the Balkans.
>>
>>55806946
turkey is pretty fucked with the kurds tho, like if the west backs the kurds they'll end up like serbia
>>
>>55806897
It started as a Turkish empire.

But whatever, i dont care, im personally not a fan of it anyway, maybe if they did a couple more genocides i would be.
>>
>>55806737
actually fuck it I'll go to sleep, the quality of balk is really shitty but after midnight it gets slow AND shitty
>>55807020
blabla once it was turks then it was multiculti and not its anatolians
>>
>>55807052
/balk/ is one of the highest quality threads on /int/ tbqhbbq.

I'll go to bed too and start re-reading Lowry's The Nature of the Early Ottoman State tomorrow so I can better debate diaspora Turks on /int/...
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.