[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that Europeans don't just go up to each other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 960x699) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 960x699
Is it true that Europeans don't just go up to each other and start conversations, so everyone has to be insular?
>>
>>55753459
Who the hell goes up to someone and starts a conversation?
>>
>>55753459
They just don't talk to strangers in public as far as I can tell.
>>
You talk to friends or meet new randoms at the appropriate time and place.
>>
>>55753459
Nobody who isn't old or mentally ill does this
>>
Semi-true. Most people will consider you a freak if you start a conversation with them in the the bus station without knowing each other
>>
>>55753459
We found out in a thread a few days ago, the best way to trigger a European is to say "Hello" to them.
>>
>>55753459
>Is it true that Europeans don't just go up to each other and start conversations,

Contrary to memes, autism doesn't mean shyness, it also means not knowing social cues. Approaching strangers with small talk is being unable to know boundaries
>>
>>55753459
It's true. Maybe in decadent seminigger places like Andalusia or Sicily it's different. But from Rome/Madrid to above it works like this.
If someone started talking to me like this I would feel threatened, like if the person had bad intentions or was deluded.
>>
There was someone at my gym the other night approaching people to talk. It was so weird. Then later he approached a girl near me and I overheard he was from some christian cult trying to convert them (but wearing plain clothes) He was begging them to follow him on instagram and twitter and stuff
>>
You keep conversation with strangers at a bare minimum.
Skipping greetings and farewells might also be more socially acceptable.
>>
>>55753809

It's more common In working class communities in general , and as a result is more is more common in in areas on more poverty and deprivation
>>
>>55753809
>spain trying this hard to be part of Europe
>>
>>55753459
Is this even legal? They might call the police.
>>
>>55753459

A conversation must have a goal. Just walking to someone and starting a random conversation is rude and annoying.
School, work, leisure and nightlife are the places to be social
>>
>>55753518
thats how i met most of the girls ive dated.
>>
>>55753459
maybe for the northcucks

>>55754401
>muh efficiency
>>
>>55753639
Pretty sure the mentally ill people are the loners who refuse to talk to people.
>>
>>55754084

I'm not. It's like this.
In fact, my step-mom was ameriburger and she noticed it.

Why you fucking netherpoofters are always trying to piss off spaniards? Get lost, idiot.

"den Koning van Hispanje
heb ik altijd geëerd"
>>
>>55754537
Well, unlike you, Germans actually get shit done.
>>
>>55754418
What the fuck
>>
>>55754537
Are you some rural mesetero? That or a junkie.
You don't do that in cities, faggot
>>
File: cute 467.png (107 KB, 347x347) Image search: [Google]
cute 467.png
107 KB, 347x347
>>55753459

There is no, one, unified Europe you dummy, but three: Germanic, Latin and Slavic. In Germanic europe a stranger won't approach you because he'll go to prison for rape if he does, in the Latin part he'll approach you but most of the time in order to sell you tombac jewelry or offer a job in brothel and in the Slav europe when someone's approaching you, you simply start running as fast as you can and don't ask questions
>>
Why are they standing so close to each other?
>>
>>55753459
cumskins are cold, boring, depressed people.
>>
>>55754537

Call it efficiency if you want. But what is the point of going to some random person and having a pointless conversation?

>Hello, nice weather isn't it?
>uhh, sure. do i know you?
>no just thought i'd start a conversation with you

If you have a question that's another story
>>
>>55754703
I currently live in one of the 5 cities with more population and I have lived it several times, it happens mostly with old people I admit but still happens
>>
>>55754674
yeah, if i find her pretty i find an excuse to talk to her, asking what time is it or whatever and then try to catch something about her, a book or anything and chat. if she finds me attractive she keeps the conversation rolling.
>>
>>55754930
sometimes it is better than wait akwardly in silence, there is nothing wrong with unnecesary conversations
>>
>>55755005

There's nothing wrong or inherently awkward about silence.
>>
>>55754418
Fuck off normie
>>
>>55753518
Spergs
>>
>>55753518
Like my neighbour 1 week ago.
>>
>>55755084
sometimes is it, but still there's nothing wrong about it, it's more a cultural thing
>>
>>55754941
Mate then this 'autistic' culture must only happen in Catalonia. The only time in my life that I remember being randomnly approached in Barcelona (without any reason) was once with some latinoamerican woman.
>>
>>55755002

You're talking to literal spergs on this board, they wont understand normal human interaction.
>>
>>55755218

The only people that have a problem with silence are extroverts. An extroverted culture will have a problem with it because of that general need. We don't have that
>>
Being an introvert literally means you're a beta and probably wouldn't mind sucking a fat extrovert cock tbqhwyf
>>
>>55753459
I dont like talking to people very much.
>>
>>55755299
> with some latinoamerican woman.
There you go. Is not Catalonia, is the latinos.
>>
>>55755299
To add more info, she told me personal things, asked me about my family (I'm an adult, to make things clear). I was getting extremely uncomfortable. I was in a bus stop and had to avoid picking her bus (it was my busline but I wanted to get rid of her.)
>>
>>55755299
I live on sevilla though, and it happens with regular spanish people
where the fuck do you live, Madrid? even the basques are friendly people

>>55755402
yes, I'm introvert but since I live in Spain I find it weird
>>
>>55755481
Yes. That's what I was the point I wanted to make. (I'm Catalan. I'm the one saying that unkown people don't talk to each other here)
>>
>>55755603
>had to avoid picking her bus (it was my busline but I wanted to get rid of her.)
literally beta
>>
>>55755645
Barcelona. I'm telling it TT
>>
>wanting to talk to dumb public transportation users
>>
>>55753459
what purpose of useless blether?
>>
>>55755728
sorry I misunderstood it the first time I read it
again, I didn't expected that from you, I believe that even happens in north Spain and you have thousand of tourists so I don't really get the autism
>>
>>55755708
"Literally". Do you know the meaning of that word, Juanjo?
>>
>>55754805
>tfw not European by Polish definition
>>
>>55756103
You're the next step in the scale, Urho. On the top, above Germans
>>
>>55755811
It's o.k. if you are in a place where you are supposed to meet people. But I wouldn't do it on the street.
If you are not from here many people will probably understand and they'll be cool. But again, between catalans... just no.
>>
I'm scared to travel to America just because of that reason. It's seems like Americans doesn't understand boundaries and will try to talk with me and make fun of my swedish accent. I base it practically only on /int/ users though so it's not really a reliable source.
>>
>>55753459
>bus arrives
>run 50 m down the street to catch it

fucking Finns man
>>
>>55755002
how
>>
>>55756463
just pretend you don't speak english
>>
File: ööörrgh.jpg (57 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
ööörrgh.jpg
57 KB, 320x400
Long ago when I was in high school I was just reading some school book, then some girl started small talking to me about something. I was just thinking like damn bitch I'm just trying to read my book

Another time I was in the train and some black guy started talking to some asian girl. The girl actually missed her stop because she didn't realise what station the train was at. Then the girl left and the negro started talking to me, I just wanted to stare out the window but then I had to humor that guy

One time I was in a bus going from one town to another and I was sitting to some old gray haired guy. He was drinking some beer and he asked me if that's alright, then he started chatting with me about stuff. Apparently he was going to prison for something, he was just having some beer before that. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, well apart from that whole prison thing, he had that "I've seen some shit" old man aura so that time I didn't mind too much
>>
>>55755002
This

This is how it works in America with talking to strangers.

>that looks like a cool person to be friends with/ that chick is hot.

You have to make up a reason even if it's a small shitty one to start. You have to try very hard to not look like a creep. Or be socially smooth enough to not make them annoyed you are talking to them without invitation.

Then there are annoying people who just have to talk to strangers because they are bored and don't when to shut up. Especially when it is the social rule to keep quiet. Like in hospital waiting rooms, trains, or elevators.
>>
>>55756463
Only people with lack of social skills (i.e lack of manners and awareness) or mental illness do shit like this.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.