[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do they teach about the Croatian War for Independence and more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: Vukovar-watertower-after-war.jpg (388 KB, 854x1286) Image search: [Google]
Vukovar-watertower-after-war.jpg
388 KB, 854x1286
Do they teach about the Croatian War for Independence and more specifically the Siege of Vukovar in your schools? If yes, what do they say about it?
>>
B У К O B A P
>>
>>55749321
I remember them telling us about the 6 million dead civilians and how Serbs tried to revive the third reich, they didn't get into to many details about any battles.
>>
>>55749874
You joke, but that's pretty much what happened.
>>
They don't teach us that the Balkans exist.
>>
>>55750520
This is why we literally got away with the shoah scot free.
>>
When I was in school these were kinda recent events so they were not yet put in the textbooks. Later I've found about these things on the Internet. Bad clusterfucks, too close to us.
It's sad for all of you, guys... :/
>>
We literally learned nothing about the south slavs.
>>
>>55749321
No, the only thing about the balkans I know is that gavrilo princip started some shit
>>
>>55749321
What they teach us:
Serbs killed couple of muslims and then NATO bombed their ass. Today this event is celebrated by showing clips of harmonica guy on jewtube
>>
>>55749321
Croatia was mentioned twice during highschool, once when the geography teacher was talking about the EU and another time when we were studying yugoslavia briefly
>>
>>55750657
>gavrilo princip
a guy who literally destroyed europe
>>
>>55749321
Why would anyone outside of our immediate neighborhood have to learn about what was objectively a minor regional conflict in the grand scheme of things?

at best I would assume that the wars here are touched upon when foreigners learn about the end of the Cold War and the fall of Communism
>>
Absolutely NOT

We know nothing except "evil nato attacked our friends serbs"
>>
>>55749321
I don't think half of my country knows that croatia exists
>>
>>55750737
It's weird how you can "destroy europe" by literally doing nothing wrong
>>
>>55750737
pretty much yeah

funny how like 80% of all the shit and evil that went down in the 20th century can be traced back to one edgy serb teenager
>>
>>55749321
Never heard of
>>
>Do they teach about the Croatian War for Independence and more specifically the Siege of Vukovar in your schools?
No.
>>
>>55749321
I live in Canada so they don't teach us shit in school. the closest thing we had to take to history (in ontario) is a single course in grade 10 and it only focuses on Canadian history and is generally bullshit in terms of gaining knowledge
>>
>>55750785
he was right though
>>
>>55750742
Because it culminated with the fall of Yugoslavia? Because of all the ethnic cleansing on the scale not seen in Europe since WW2? Obviously, they wouldn't spend weeks studying it but to think it wouldn't be mentioned at all is completely ridiculous. Of course, the further away from Croatia you go the less likely it's going to be a topic, but I'm pretty sure every European school says something about it.
>>
>>55750857
eh I can agree with you that austria hungary was pretty fucking shit

but if I had to choose between letting A-U exist or letting the Soviet Union exist i'd go with the kaiser any day of the week
>>
>>55750737
That's a shitty and absolutely unstable continent if one uneducated poor balkanshit could destroy it.
>>
A fucking pineapple
>>
>>55749321
Serbia>Croatia
Parameter: Who killed more mudshits
>>
>>55749321
I honestly didn't know croatia was a thing until I was 23 and went on this Micronesian Carpentry Forum

>select the squares with a sign in them
>wrong twice
>>
>>55750820
They teach about it Balkan wars of the 90s but it's short and it's mostly about Serbs being nazi and holocaust in innocent Muslims.
>>
serbia valiantly defended itself against NATO and croatia, who wanted to genocide them just like they did in ww2
>>
>>55750910
ffs m8 even we learn like 2 pages about the war (at least back when I was in highschool), so I doubt that foreigners would do more than remark upon it in more than saying 'first war in europe since ww2'

90% of the shit i know about the war i learned either from books i got on my own initiative, internet sources and family who fought in the war
>>
>>55750941
He should have browsed /pol/ before doing such a madness
>>
Croatia did nothing wrong.
>>
>>55751049
>he thinks it was just us and NATO
>he doesn't know about the judeo-vatican masonic reptilian conspiracy to eradicate serbdom

get on my level swede
illuminati is a croatian nationalist organization
>>
>>55751077
best arms smuggler
>>
>>55751072
it was just a prank though
>>
>>55750737
http://www.dw.com/en/gavrilo-princip-assassin-who-sparked-wwi-gets-statue-in-belgrade/a-18546305
he is seen as a national hero for serbia
why doesn't serbia try to hide the fact that it wants to be evil? maybe then they wouldn't get curb stomped everytime they commit evil things
gotta pretend to be nice guys and then surprise attack everyone like germany does
>>
who?
>>
File: Greater_austria_ethnic.svg.png (571 KB, 1162x899) Image search: [Google]
Greater_austria_ethnic.svg.png
571 KB, 1162x899
>>55750857
>kills the only man who wanted to improve the position of the empires minorities and turn the empire into a federalized state

Serbshits, everyone.
>>
when communism was collapsing we read about it in school, don't know if its taught though
>>
File: cavoglavefeel.png (54 KB, 996x1194) Image search: [Google]
cavoglavefeel.png
54 KB, 996x1194
ZA DOM
>>
>>55751643
ZDRAVLJA!
>>
za rakiju
>>
>>55751684
Ubij se, Josipe.
>>
File: ustasafeel.png (49 KB, 996x1194) Image search: [Google]
ustasafeel.png
49 KB, 996x1194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX1VCSjLZAc
>>
>>55749321
the only thing they teach us is
B У К O B A P
У
К
O
B
A
P
>>
File: peacelovingcivilizedcroats.jpg (29 KB, 450x336) Image search: [Google]
peacelovingcivilizedcroats.jpg
29 KB, 450x336
>>55749321
Poor ustashe who would not hurt a fly took over croatia at large and territorial defence in particular, and totally did not mean it in a bad way when they decided serbs are not a constituent nation of croatia. they showed full respect for civic and human rights of serbs, like the 12-year-old Aleksandra Zec, in the middle of Zagreb.
>>
File: London_treaty_1915.svg_.png (186 KB, 732x599) Image search: [Google]
London_treaty_1915.svg_.png
186 KB, 732x599
>>55751471
only mistake was trusting croat shits. croats literary suck the cock of the victorious side, hungarian, serb or german. should have never let em, in 1918. should have kept the clay serbian.
>>
>>55752008
They were conspiring to bring down Croatia and had to be dealt with.

>>55752118
A thick fog's going to gather again if you keep talking, Serbant (Serb + servant; as in a vassal to the Ottoman Empire).
>>
File: Strong serbia.png (68 KB, 1061x771) Image search: [Google]
Strong serbia.png
68 KB, 1061x771
>>55749321

No one did , you and serbs are to irrelevant to even be mentioned
>>
a jebo vas bog da vas jebo sve
pa dođeš na jebeni internet da se makneš RVATA i SRBINA

i evo opet sranja gledaš

PA JEBO VAS JA PA KO SE OD NAS OSJEČA KO DA JE POBJEDIO U IČEMU

veli imamo hrvatsku,ma imamo kurac
isto ko i srbi samo vi imate veliki kurac
>>
>>55752008
it's the vicious cycle of nationalism
>economic crisis
>shiptars start stirring up shit
>serbs get butthurt
>choose milosevic the nationalist faggot
>milosevic starts stirring up shit
>slovenes and croats get butthurt
>choose more nationalist faggots to lead
>they start stirring up shit
>serbs get more butthurt
>start stirring up more shit in response
>gets croats even more butthurt
>etc etc etc
>meanwhile people who do not have their heads up their asses either get marginalized or killed (aka josip kir - who managed to convice butthurt serbs in krajina that there is no reason to be butthurt only to get assassinated by a hdz goon because butthurt is what they want)
>>
>>55749321
No, because history only goes back to 1991 when we declared independence.
>>
>>55749321
>southslavshits
>relevant enough to be included even in the footnotes of a history textbook

saged
>>
>>55749321
Nobody gives a shit about your stupid history. Welcome to Lithuanian history 101. How tough are you?
>>
File: 1418947107228.jpg (15 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
1418947107228.jpg
15 KB, 258x248
>>55752243
Good post
>>
>>55752368
Slovenia kicking ass!
>>
>>55749321
Nah,maybe in future as closest example of our situation
>>
No, nobody cares, sorry
>>
>>55753804
baba osman :3
>>
My eldest brother volunteered for the Croats in late 1991. He told my mother he was going to teach German in Italy, met up with some other Austrians and a few British who were in Vienna then went across. They had done their conscription but the British were professional soldiers, along with a few French Foreign Legion guys.

He was back in Austria by mid 1992. He says he didn't do much and the police investigated him but since he was with a more "official" group and used his real name they had no reason to suspect him of anything. Apparently some other guys that ended up in other groups were investigated more because they smuggled arms and were close to where massacres happened.

Apparently he only spent a few months on the front, the rest getting sent around. I was too young to go and I don't know if I would have even though I like Croats.
>>
yes
>Serbs, Bosnians and Croats are 100% identical people with nothing at all to distinguish them from one another except for subversive pseudohistorical academic papers
>Slovenia declares independence cause it ain't 100% identical to Serbocroats and is also more developed, racially pure, Chosen By God etc.
>Yugoslavs lose, of course
>then two Yugos bump against each other at some wedding in Bosnia
>being good southerners, they go 'AAAAAALO BRE/AAAAAALO BA' and start threating to call each other's cousins
>this they do, only when all the clans of Homo Balkanicus finally gather on a parking lot one Saturday night to straighten matters out...
>...they realize that they're all related and that a three-way war has just started
>they avoid head-on fighting just like in peace time when large groups of southerners will wait for easy prey to jump, bitchslap and intimidate
>after 4 years of senseless, rather cowardly, and definitely confused slaughter, Europe says enough
>they all say 'AAAALO BRE/BA/BAJO' back, popping their collars on their leather jackets and yet nervously wading their hand through the thick sludge of their greased back hair
>America joins in, orders them to have a sit-down together
>after many vivid descriptions of dogs fucking dead cold mothers and of suns being fucked right in the sky, America determines the borders by itself, since Yugos are better at laying landmines and making threatening turbofolk videos than they are at diplomacy or geography
>the other two sides somehow settle for the new status quo after a lot of stroking of their inflated southern egos, but the Serbs seem somehow...developmentally challenged
>it's been 20 years and whether the cause is PTSD or an autistic obsession with tracksuits and stealing cars from Slovenia over current political issues...the result is the same:
>Bosnian Serbs have literally failed to comprehend that their country is now a part of Bosnia and not Serbia

And that's how everyone else but us sucked. THE END.
>>
>>55754121
You should just reclaim all the countries under A-H again and make yourselves a superpower.
>>
>>55754677
And then you came here to smuggle organs and sell your women.
>>
>>55754677
Yay it's the Slovenian twink. <3
>>
That happened while I was in school, so nobody taught me anything.

What the refugee kids taught me is that serbs are wannabe austrians that tried to emulate the 3rd reich and failed horribly, also really inefficient at killing off neighbors.
>>
>>55754812
>>55754812
>twink

you're the one to talk, Alex

>implying u got ripped since ure last photo

nah cunt, gib pucci du bois
>>
>>55750857
No he wasn't.
Serbia would be a much more advanced country today if he hadn't fucked up, same goes for all of eastern europe.

There would never have been a WW2, there wouldn't have been a cold war, no soviet satilite states.
>>
>>55755001
Just come and try Janez, your vrtenica will fall before my hoplite spear.
>>
>>55749321
vukowhat? xDD
>>
>>55752243
Says Latvia
>>
>>55749321
>Do they teach about the Croatian War for Independence
yes
>and more specifically the Siege of Vukovar in your schools
In passing, maybe, but I don't recall of that.

I did drive through the city and got some history dropped on me by hrvat friends.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.