[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best country in South America? Seems like a pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: UrgArg.png (75 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
UrgArg.png
75 KB, 800x533
What is the best country in South America? Seems like a pretty close tie between Uruguay and Argentina. Which country has the stronger economy? I don't speak Spanish, but I was raised in a household that spoke Italian fluently, and I'm pretty good after a little brushing up on it. I'm considering either for a visit.
I also study Japanese, so it would be cool to visit a country with a Japan town. I know Brazil has a pretty large Japanese demographic.
>>
chi
>>
Argentina is a shithole at the moment. We hdi
>>
>>55729793
You can invest in Eastern Argentina and live a comfy life in the Patagonia with Hitler's children as your neighbors.
>>
>>55729793
>What is the best country in South America?
What are you looking for?

If you care about economy those two are pretty leftist, if you wan hdi you are good with argentina but its economy hasn't being doing good, try chile
>>
>>55729819

Does that mean property is cheaper in Arg?

Does Chile have a lot to offer? I've heard it is less "European" than either Uruguay or Argentina.
>>
>>55729819
>muh hdi
sorry to dissapoint you but u are behind now
>>
Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay are pretty good trps. Chile is okay I guess, its people are nicer and the economy is better, but there is not much to visit there.
>>
Chile
>>
>>55729854
I'd like to check out a place that is a little different. Something that is more traditional, less expensive, and a little slower than the "hustle and bustle" I am used to. I'd like to check out a more urban area than say the country sidde. But I want a city that is less crazy than the major metro areas in the US. Also, safety is hugely important. Brazil has a pretty horrible reputation in that regard.
>>
>>55729872
>I've heard it is less "European" than either Uruguay or Argentina.
What do you mean by less European? Economy or the people?
>>
File: didico.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
didico.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
brazil ofc
>>
>>55729987
the people, architecture, lifestyle, etc. I haven't stayed up to date on politics in the region so I don't know what the current economies are like.
>>
>>55729793
Fuck off faggot if you ever come here i will stab you in the stomach and steal your backpack
>>
File: Southern cone.png (659 KB, 1086x1504) Image search: [Google]
Southern cone.png
659 KB, 1086x1504
>>55729984
You'll be fine in here m8
>>
>>55730093
dame todo o te meto un tiro wacho
>>
>>55729984
Patagonia sounds good then. Safe, no niggers, "european" style, no hustle and bustle, lots of nice vacation places.
>>
>>55730012
Santa Catarina is your best Option
>>
>>55730098

I've heard a ton of amazing things about Southern Brazil on here. The country has a lot of stuff I like (having both Italian and Japanese communities are a huge plus for me), but I am still worried about what I've heard about the other parts. Could you elaborate a little more?
>>
>>55729984
Well, you have to understand first that LAT is much more urban than USA, small towns tend to be boring and backwards and the large cities are noisy. Mid size cities lack some things you may be too acostumed to as a gringo
>>
>>55729793
Go to brazil and stop breaking the balls
>>
>>55729793
Do consider dolphins to be qt? Will you take a photo with one of them?
This is very important
>>
>>55729793
I don't think there is a best country, but there is a best country for you,, one that adjust better for you...so before you need to think what do you want.

Like the weather, if you prefer cities or countryside, beach or mountains, or both...you are more a museum travel guy or a hiking, or a club travel guy...
You just wanna visit or wanna live for a while?

You got to understand also that Argentina and brazil are huge as usa and chile pretty big also, so the regions are a lot different in the country
>>
>>55730222
Toma y deja de memear
http://mdzol.com/video/658980-aparecio-otro-delfin-en-la-costa-pero-esta-vez-lo-salvaron/
>>
>>55730167

I like urban. I just want a different kind of "urban" than what is typical for the US. Something more Mediterranean but not modern Europe. I know it sounds vague and like I'm grasping for straws, but I think i really have a good idea of what I'm looking for.
>>
>>55729793
>What is the best country in South America?
None

>Seems like a pretty close tie between Uruguay and Argentina.
No

>Which country has the stronger economy?
None

>I don't speak Spanish, but I was raised in a household that spoke Italian fluently, and I'm pretty good after a little brushing up on it.
Congratulations

>I'm considering either for a visit.
No

>I also study Japanese, so it would be cool to visit a country with a Japan town. I know Brazil has a pretty large Japanese demographic.
No.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>55730253
Eso no va a revivir al delfinsito.
>>
>>55730260
Go to Viña del Mar and drown like the average tourist.
>>
>>55730281
Why you so bad?
>>
>>55730308
Pero se pudo salvar a otro delfin bebe pero de esta noticia nadie habla
>>
>>55730338
i don't want a weeaboo here
>>
>>55730357
Ya sabes que todos los """""latinos""""" son weebs
>>
>>55730357
>weeaboo

lol i don't watch anime. i study the language on my free time after taking a couple semesters of it at university.
>>
>>55730381
Habla por vos
>>
Uruguay is one of the most expensive countries in latinamerica, if not the most. In terms of quality of life apparently Montevideo is the best.

https://www.imercer.com/content/mobility/quality-of-living-city-rankings.html

I live in a small city and its pretty safe but there's not much to do, I'm moving to Montevideo soon.

So if are short on money go to more affordable places like Brazil or Argentina.
>>
>>55730406
DUDE
>>
>>55729908
>Chile is okay I guess, its people are nicer and the economy is better, but there is not much to visit there.
>chile
>better people
>not much to visit

Okay, now I'm mad.
>>
Argentina and Chile is best
second tier Colombia and Brasil
>>
>>55730222
lmfao
>>
File: idhamerica.png (32 KB, 461x704) Image search: [Google]
idhamerica.png
32 KB, 461x704
>>
>>55730454
stop lying you fucking wonderful first worlder
>>
>>55730428
Las veces que viaje a Chile, la gente era mucho mas amable que en Argentina.
Y de verdad, no creo que haya muchos lugares llamativos para visitar. Nada que no encontres en Argentina o Brasil (o sera que estoy mal informado??)
>>
>>55730503
Uff, depende mucho de donde viajaste. Si viniste a un sitio turístico obviamente te atenderán bien, pero en las ciudades grandes todos ven por su lado y puedes desmayarte en plena calle y es probable que nadie te preste atención.
Considerando lo largo del país, es difícil que no tengamos algo único, partiendo desde el norte, las salitreras Humberstone, mas al centro, las dunas de Valparaíso, múltiples reservas naturales donde se encuentran árboles milenarios como Araucarias y Coihues, la Isla de Chiloé y la Catedral de Mármol, eso excluyendo los típicos paraderos turísticos como la ciudad de Valparaíso con Cerro Alegre, Valle de la Luna y las Torres del Paine, pero entiendo a que vas, al compartir latitudes compartimos mucho en términos de clima y atractivos turísticos.
>>
I always thought that power rank in S.A is something like this
#1 Argentina
#2 Uruguay
#3 Brazil
#4 Paraguay
#5 Chile
>>
>>55730570
>Uff, depende mucho de donde viajaste. Si viniste a un sitio turístico obviamente te atenderán bien, pero en las ciudades grandes todos ven por su lado y puedes desmayarte en plena calle y es probable que nadie te preste atención.

Creo que lo mismo se podría decir de Argentina

>al compartir latitudes compartimos mucho en términos de clima y atractivos turísticos.

si

La verdad no conocía varias de las cosas que mencionaste. Cuando vuelva a Chile me voy a asegurar de conocer mejor.
>>
>>55730160
Campinas have a big Italian and Japanese community, talking about brazilian violence, the city is alot safe, and the life quality is very good
>>
>>55730160
Well, i pointed the southern cone, but I think you need to think more on the region/state than witch country. There are bad and good regions in all places here, there being said I think because the thing you said that the southern cone would be better for you. But, see the regions and stuff

But as you asked,:

you said that you know a little italian, so will be a little easier for you... maybe portuguese will be a little easier for you, but not much

Brazil has the largest japanese community living outside japan, Italian Brazilians are the largest number of people with full or partial Italian ancestry outside of Italy, so if you wanna a city with both you gotta considerate brazil.

São Paulo is the city with the largest number of both. We have a Japanese neighborhood (called liberdade) and many italian neighborhood (Bexiga, Mooca, and more). But is a fucking large city and many parts are dangerous....Of course there are nice neighborhoods too... and the beaches on coast of the state are beautiful

The south of brazil, witch has the sates of Rio grande do Sul, Santa Catarina and Paraná, have mainly italian/german ancestry. The Paraná state have a Japanese comunity too, the tohers don't. But Paraná the worse state of the south. Altought their Capital is pretty nice, (Called Curitiba). Perhaps you like this city, it has both japaneses and italians. Look it up this city. Their coast line is boring tho... they only have some nice islands (Ilha do Mel)

I would recomend Santa Catarina too... Don't have japanese there, but many italians.. Have the higher HDI in the country, the less crime rate, really nices beaches, a capital that is a island, preety nice in general... look it up too
If you wanna know more, ask

Also:

Uruguay is nice too, Some regions of Argentina too (I like Rosario dor exemple). They were not so good in the economy sector, but their new president is getting things in control and is getting better
never went to Chile, so can't say
>>
>>55730645
Asegurate de pasar por Tolhuaca en la Araucanía, no le creas a los periódicos sensacionalistas, la Araucanía es segura siempre y cuando te alejes de Malleco y Ercilla, que es donde se concentra el conflicto Mapuche (Igual es fácil alejarse de ahí, ya que no tiene atractivos turísticos y el mismo hecho del conflicto hace que ningún pack turístico siquiera ponga las localidades en sus planes).
>>
The Kirchners saved Argentina
>>
uruguay
>>
>>55730722

No.
>>
>>55730716
Gracias por las recomendaciones y los tips. +10
>>
>>55730681
Wow. Thank you for the great post. I really appreciate the amazing information. I have a lot of research ahead of me, but the South in general sounds pretty great.
>>
>>55730722
2/8
>>
>>55730778
De nada, gracias al trabajo he podido viajar mucho por este pasillo y nunca dejo de sorprenderme. Quizás pronto me aventure a salir de el y conocer a los vecinos.
>>
tremendo circlejerk choris
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.