[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /int/, I have some thoughts I would like to share with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: auscucks.png (153 KB, 437x329) Image search: [Google]
auscucks.png
153 KB, 437x329
Hello /int/, I have some thoughts I would like to share with you today.

I was watching some videos about flags and the Oceanian region when it occured to me that Australia, although it is a country and has its own government, has always seemed, in my eyes, to be Great Britain's bitch on some level.

If you're in doubt about this assessment, ask yourself this: Would you let another country put their flag in the top left corner of yours? Even the Kiwis are getting their own flag now, I heard.

Compare, by contrast, Brazil to Portugal. Brazil declared its independence, has its own flag and owns their own culture just as much as Portugal has theirs.

It's like China letting Hong Kong run their own shit, even though everyone knows who's really the boss.

tl;dr: Dear Australia, you may think you're independent but the rest of the world still sees you as a British colony.
>>
We're not fully independent you dumbcunt Elizabeth II is still our Queen
>>
>>55719622
Doesn't that make it even more sad, really?
>>
>>55719487
We're a former British colony. Unlike the USA, we didn't have to fight for our independence. After so long, we basically said, "Hey England, it's been cool and all but we're going to do our own thing now". We were a country largely founded by British convicts and settlers, and then we became independent. The Union Jack on our flag represents that, but the UK has no power here, at all.
>>
>>55719670
How? We still make our own laws, our Parliament is separate to the UK's. The republicans here offered a new system back in the 90s but it was shit so Australians voted against it. Our current system works fine
>>
>>55719776
>I made a deal with him and he only fucks my wife once a week, so it's not that bad.
>I'm not a cuck!
>>
File: dr harry.jpg (21 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
dr harry.jpg
21 KB, 500x469
>>55719999
Cheeky quads.

What you're forgetting is that we weren't invaded by the British, we were simply British. If you were born before 1948 in Australia, you were still a British citizen, meaning my grandmother (for example) was born British despite being born in Tasmania.

Your little "cuck" meme doesn't work when we were literally a group of British colonies, populated by British people.
>>
>>55719999
I see your quads. Don't piss yourself over it mate we don't want you to drown
>>
>>55719487
Originally we were Britain's bitch, then after WW2 we became America's little slut, now China fucks us when America isn't looking.
>>
>>55720225
kinda hot desu
>>
>>55719776
Tell that to Gough Whitlam. I really think Aus should declare independence from this shitheap.
>>
it's like if there was a human colony on Mars and you put a picture of the Earth in the corner of Mars' flag
>>
>>55720280
I'm pro-republic, to be honest. However I love our flag, and I feel that becoming a republic would open up serious discussion of changing our flag, as well as changing Australia day. Fuck that.
>>
>>55720310
This
>>
File: 1388523679756.jpg (293 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
1388523679756.jpg
293 KB, 680x798
OP is mad because the Netherlands doesn't have friendly countries with closely shared culture and history sprinkled around the world

>>55720280
They're already independent you idiot
>>
>>55720413
Gough Whitlam briefly gained independence for Australia and for that the anglo-American mafia brought him down. Now Australia is the compliant bitch the rulers want it to be. Read John Pilger on the subject.
>>
>>55720345
>I'm pro-republic, to be honest.
Me too desu.

>However I love our flag, and I feel that becoming a republic would open up serious discussion of changing our flag
I've seen some pretty good alternatives, and some awfully shit ones.

>as well as changing Australia day. Fuck that
It could become independence day and we could keep the name
>>
File: military imports.png (83 KB, 647x330) Image search: [Google]
military imports.png
83 KB, 647x330
>>55720526
What are you on about? If Australia is anyone's compliant bitch it's the USA's not ours.

I'm not sure why you think the union jack on their flag and the Queen have any bearing on hard influence.

You are incredibly stupid
>>
kiwi flag referendum is a diversion so the jew keys can keep getting away with selling the country to china
>>
>>55720663
Our prime minister was kicked out by the Governor General. The GG is a representative of the Queen. So the Queen deposed our leader.

We are still britains little dingo puppy.
>>
>>55720663
Do you actually know that the Queen of England, through the Governor General, dismissed the democratically elected Prime Minister of Australia?
>>
>>55721172
Queen of Australia*
>>
>>55721141
It was the GG's decision, the Queen is the rubber stamp by which these things are done. I suppose next you're going to tell me that the Queen chooses every British Prime Minister, because officially that's what happens.

Fuck off.

>>55721172
>the Queen of England

Only foreigners call her that. Are you a proxy or are you an immigrant?
>>
File: CYkwDWxWwAAnD3g.jpg (50 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
CYkwDWxWwAAnD3g.jpg
50 KB, 600x590
the stamp gave us protection for most of our countries history

anyway, asia(only region that matters) sees us as a US vassal which is actually true because we're probably going to end up following them in any scuffle they have with the chinks in the SCS
>>
>>55721256
>>55721256
Symbolism fucking matters. The fact that we have a GG to remove our prime minister at all is bullshit.
While we are Americas bitch far more now, we are still Englands bitch on the weekend.

Hell our last PM was born in England!
>>
>>55721390
>The fact that we have a GG to remove our prime minister at all is bullshit.

Do you have any idea how parliamentary democracy works, you dumb fuck? If you had your own completely separate monarchy, or if you had a republic with a president, EXACTLY THE SAME THING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. All parliamentary democracies have the head of state being separate to reset the system if necessary.

>>55721390
>Hell our last PM was born in England!

Boo fucking hoo. One of our PMs was a fucking Canadian. Don't see us whining about that, do you? You sad piece of shit. Hell, our current Governor of the BoE is a Canadian citizen
>>
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
>>
GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN

LONG LIVE OUR NOBLE QUEEN

GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN

SEND HER VICTORIOUS

HAPPY AND GLORIOUS

LONG TO REIGN OVER US

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
>>
>>55721172
Looks like this guy was a proxy.
>>
>>55720593
>I've seen some pretty good alternatives
I haven't.

>It could become independence day and we could keep the name
God no.
>>
>>55721760

The fuck is that lion supposed to be?
>>
If the UK doesnt exit the EU then we'll probably have a republic referendum again,
>>
>>55723828
Wow, that is really precious. Leaving aside how that's complete bullshit, it's pathetic that you probably posted it because you think Brits will care about whether Australia is a republic or not when voting in their EU referendum
>>
File: 3 flags.jpg (63 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
3 flags.jpg
63 KB, 400x267
India grew up. Canada grew up. New Zealand is about to grow up. Australia still waiting.

Australia's flag was the result of a women's magazine competition in the early 20th Century.

About 1300 people submitted their ideas. No government input, no voting on it, nothing but a little magazine's editorial staff deciding what would 'look nice'.

The Australian people have never been asked what flag they want.

During both World War 1 and 2, Australian's fought under the British flags, or under Australian State flags. And once again, no one ever asked those diggers what flag they'd like to fight under/for.

The Canadians in the mid 1960's had a worldwide competition for the design of a new flag.

They had thousands of entries, the government narrowed it down to a dozen or so, and then the PEOPLE of Canada VOTED for the one they wanted.

The result is possibly the most distinctive flag on the planet today: the red maple leaf.

Compare that to the image I've supplied showing the British, Australian, New Zealand (currently) flags. Which is which non ANZACS would say.

Australia wants to wake up, but the ruling elite keep wanting to turn the lights off.
>>
>>55724787
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>55720225
this.
Also we're pretty cheap these days too.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.