[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beggars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: hobo-bed.jpg (42 KB, 468x378) Image search: [Google]
hobo-bed.jpg
42 KB, 468x378
Do you give money to beggars, /int/?

Me: no. in this country they're nearly all just begging to buy drugs, alcohol and cigarettes.
>>
I do occasionally. I don't really care what they're buying with it, they're usually pretty grateful and nice (assuming they aren't abos)

I gave a guy some change when I went to Sydney once and everyone around looked at me like I just pissed on their shoes.
>>
Yea but I'm picky, it's fairy easy to determine whose begging for profit and who really needs it
>>
No. There's no reason to, we have social services and soup kitchens here to help them. I did some volunteer work at one and they eat better then I do. Even homeless say not to give other hobos money because they only use it for drugs. Lots have scams to try and seem like they need money for something legit like bus fair. A common scam is old and young bum pretend they're related and need bus fair for one of the guys to get home.

I'd help out someone whose low income or obviously short change for a bus and seems normal but pan handlers are a bunch of liars in this country.
>>
>>55717889
imma beggar, ama
>>
Yes. Our country doesn't give a damn about poor.
>>
I've never seen one before
>>
>>55718029
You shouldn't encourage them. I'm sick of these fucking eyesores hanging around pestering people. Went walking round town with my camera today and kept getting these people asking me for "change" (lol I don't even carry any cash these days). All young men who look capable of working.
>>
>>55717889
Do you give food to beggars then?
>>
We call them hobos or street people in my country. In certain cities, some are very aggressive (blacks) and will follow you around or force you into conversation. My solution is to toss a bit of change on the sidewalk or into the street and then jog away at a brisk pace.
>>
They're all mental, it's best to ignore them.
>>
>>55718623

I've offered beggars food several times, they don't want it. Even the very people who have signs saying they are hungry refuse food and proceed to ask for money.
>>
>>55718623
No, They've got food. They get money for food and other things. There is a social safety net here as in Canada, Australia and western Europe. If they choose to spend it on heroin or booze then fuck em. They're not hungry and most aren't homeless. Very few people are actually sleeping on the street. I doubt many would be grateful if you offered them food. Many are young men in their late teens/early twenties who are clearly not destitute. They just hang around train stations etc looking to make easy money.
>>
If you gave money to every beggar you saw in DC you would become one yourself
>>
>>55717889
>Be me
>on a trip to the UK, in London
>low on friends, funds and food, don't know where next meal/bed will be
>catch the tube
>get approached by "homeless" greebo wanting money for "food & smokes" - "Hey, at least I'm honest."
Back when I still smoked.
>Say, "I'm travelling and poor but you're welcome to as couple of butts."
Offer open pack of durries...
>Refuses, wants money gets rude and abusive, wanders off to the next mark

>Do you give money to beggars, /int/?
No.
>>
Yes.

Even assuming it goes to drugs,
What's one dollar to me? If you live in a fucking box and eat once a day at max you deserve to escape in your drug-dreams.

Some people have it shit, and if that little shit-dollar can help someone more than me buying some chocolate bar or whatever, let it.

>It all goes to organized criminality!! They're part of a gang!
In that case they have got to be the worst fucking gang ever, and deserve that pitiful dollar even more.
>>
Never, though I stopped an obese junkie "woman" from kicking a beggar while said beggar was sitting on the floor.

No one had the balls to do anything about it until I grabbed her and pulled her away. When that happened the crowd started to chime in and tell the junkie to stop, from a safe distance though

I fucking hate the gyppo beggars but in that moment I just saw a woman being kicked, guess my empathy was too strong.

I live in a nation of cowards, who the fuck is scared of a nasty alcoholic whale?
>>
>>55717889
Sometimes yes and sometimes no, my city is small and there are only a handful of them.

If it's particularly cold out I will, nothing bums (hurr hurr) me out more than seeing homeless people on the street when it's -20.
>>
>>55718677
where you live
>>
>>55719791
I would too if I thought they were genuinely on the street in life-threatening weather. But are they? Surely they'd die in droves if that were the case.
>>
If it's one of the dudes selling newspapers then I might buy one if I have some pocket money.

If somebody comes up and asks it annoys me so I really don't want to give them anything.
A lot of "homeless" in my area stand near highway exits to catch cars coming in, I guess I just think with all the time they spend standing there they could be in the library looking at job postings
>>
>>55720215
Again my city is really small so I doubt there are more than maybe a couple dozen homeless people. There are shelters to take care of them so they aren't in life-threatening conditions or anything. Still a couple of them are mentally disabled and it's a bit sad
>>
>>55718623
I gave some """Homeless""""""Veteren""" a Subway sandwich because his sign said he was starving and the cocksucker threw it at my car and told me to "Go Fuck Yourself". Good thing a cop was nearby and beat the shit out of and arrested him when I was driving away.
>>
>>55720518
noice
>>
>>55717889
no,because they might be forced by organized crime to beg. I feel sad for them though, there was a young girl selling flowers at 11 at night today ,felt bad for her,wanted to talk to her and ask if she was ok but was afraido f coming off as a creep.

But we did have a genuine american type crazy homeless man, he had long red hair which was all caked up like animal dung from him not ever washing it so he looked like a rastafarian, he hunfg out near a taxi station and cabbies gave him food but he kept yelling for hours so they eventually shooed him away. I think he died recently. I liked him,gave him a beer once.
>>
Would never give to gypsies.
Gave once to a Swedish homeless because we had a good conversation.
>>
>>55720518
This is why I sometimes love America
>>
>>55717889
I gave 2 whole euros to a gypsy once.
I just took a look at his face and couldn't stop laughing of how he looked, made my morning. So
I thought , why the hell not.
>>
>>55717889
Never. People who give money to beggars just do it for their own conscience.
>>
>>55717889
Only in Oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf573MBFq0I
>>
Nope. I used to give the money when I was a kid, but then I went and lived in India for a couple of years. Ever since I came back - and I do keep going back as well - I've never had much sympathy for panhandlers.
>>
I regularly donate to local childrens hospitals and dogs trust

I wouldn't give a single cent to those homeless pieces of shit who are personally responsible for their own situation unlike the formers
>>
>>55719109
>get off a train with my Filipino friend
>homeless guy asks for money
>I say no
>"Okay..."
>My friend says no
>"Well you're not fucking English anyway"
>>
Only once, because the old man had his daughter or a preteen girl with him and she was really cute (would have offered to give more money in exchange of a few favours, but it was the middle of the day)
>>
>>55721858
What a waste of a young able-bodied worker.
>>
99,9% of beggars here are gypsies and migrants.
So no.
>>
>>55722760
>Mexico talking about migrants
kek
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.