[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Fun international facts I'll start. New Zealand is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
ITT: Fun international facts

I'll start.
New Zealand is ten hours away from Australia.
>>
What kind of plane is that? Zeppelin?
>>
>>55700985
Concorde
>>
>>55700923

With what? A WWI fighter plane?
>>
>>55701046
Sprint missile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvZGaMt7UgQ
>>
>tasmania
did you factor in how you'll be robbed and have your kidney stolen, or is that where the 10 hours comes from
>>
The lowest city in the world is Jericho, in Israel
>>
File: Nice bus ticket faggot.jpg (26 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
Nice bus ticket faggot.jpg
26 KB, 400x259
The United States has 845 motor vehicles for every 1,000 people. Japan only has 593 for every 1,000 people, and Germany only has 540 for every 1,000 people.
>>
>>55701585
>cars and gas are cheaper in America
>Japan and Germany have functioning public transport
what's the point of this post
>>
>>55700923
No it's not, it's more like 3 and a half hours away
>>
>>55701651
>Fun international facts

FOUND THE AUTIST!
>>
>>55701651
>functioning public transport
Fun international fact: The US actually has functioning public transport, having a car isn't a necessity
>>
Venezuela has mountains or some shit
>>
>>55701793
So it's possible to live in the US without a car? I thought no one there could get anywhere without a car.
>>
>>55701793
>east cost or maybe sanfrancisco detected

>>55702009
We have public transport, but honestly bus schedules and shit are a headache, and everything is so spread out, its not like you can just walk to a corner store and get some food or something, every time you want to do anything at all, you are going to have to catch a bus.

If your day was extremely regimented you might be able to survive.

There are of course places you can live that are near stuff, but its usually in the bad parts of town.
>>
>>55702137
>Live in a decent neighborhood
>Workplace is walking distance from my house
>Getting to uni requires just one bus ride and then a lightrail ride
It's not that bad
>>
in Slovenia, foreigners can be fined for mispronouncing "Ljubljana"
>>
>>55701793
In all but a few larger cities, black people use public transportation extensively. Everybody else drives. Mexicans load up lots of people in one car, while white people use SUVs to transport one person at a time.
>>
>>55701793
>>55702137
>we have functioning public transport
>but actually we don't
okay
>>
>>55700923
>In 1974, Kim Il-sung took 1,000 Volvo sedans from Sweden to North Korea and never paid for them.

They owes us around $428 million USD,

We remind them every years
>>
Argentina has the only kosher McDonald's outside of Israel.

Brazil has the largest German speaking community outside of Germany/Austria/Swiss.

Israel was supposed to be in Argentina.

The Andes is the highest mountain range outside Asia, topping up the Alps.

The Amazon rainforest is bigger than Canada or whole Europe.

There are more than 450 indigenous languages in South America.

Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois, Burger King, Tim Hortons, Kraft Foods, Heinz, Becks, Jupiler, Quilmes, former BankBoston of L.A. are Brazilian owned products/companies.
Becks, Miller, Milwaukee's Best, Urquell, Peroni and Grolsch will also be in short time.
>>
>>55702666

There's a difference between "functioning" and "convenient". By definition for Americans, having to take the bus for anything is regarded as inconvenient. The public transportation is perfectly functional though, if you have to get a ride someplace you can, that's not hard.

Nothing that the other anon said can be taken to mean that American public transportation is not "functional", those of us who have had access to cars at some point in our lives just regard it as a pain in the ass / a step down in status.
>>
>>55703006
$428,000 per Volvo? What a ripoff. No wonder they're not paying.
>>
>>55703214
The price goes up every year of course. It was not that much 1974, but 42 years later it's adding up..
>>
>>55703029
If Israel was in Argentina (or any other continent than it is now) do you think there would be as many problems?
>>
>>55702666
western US you really would not want to depend on it because you are going to be using it any time you need to leave your house for anything at all. In the older parts of america im sure its fine.

Depending on where exactly you live you might be able to get by with it and a bicycle though
>>
It's about 3 and half hours mate
>>
>>55700923
>Armenia is the first country ever to recognize Republic of Turkey as a country

lmfao
>>
>>55703518
Probably yes, but not as critical as having to build an iron dome for the matter.
>>
>>55703029

>Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois, Burger King, Tim Hortons, Kraft Foods, Heinz, Becks, Jupiler, Quilmes, former BankBoston of L.A. are Brazilian owned products/companies.

most of them are only partially owned

corona, for example, is owned by belgium capital, then mexican, then brazilian
>>
Swaziland is the last absolute monarchy on Earth

Despite being the closest neighboring country (aside from Comoros), there is no direct transport from Mozambique to Madagascar.

Cabinda, a small Angolan province separated by DRC land, accounts for a massive percentage of Angolan GDP. Despite it producing nearly $100,000 for every person living there, it's still one of the poorest provinces in Angola.

There is unclaimed territory on the Sudan-Egypt border, where neither country has a stake. You could theoretically plant a flag there and start your own country.
>>
>>55703973
Is a nice land? does it have waters and trees?
>>
File: abinbev.png (372 KB, 1240x1295) Image search: [Google]
abinbev.png
372 KB, 1240x1295
>>55703817
How did you reach that conclusion?

See pic related.
Telles, Sicupira and Lemann have controlling stakes in AB and Cervezaria Modelo, the producer of Corona is a subsidiary of it. Brito is the CEO of AB.
>>
>>55703605
Morocco was the first to ever recognize USA
>>
Aruba was briefly English clay.

We were one of the major suppliers of petroleum for the Allies during wwii. Krauts tried to torpedo the place. They failed.

An Aruban won Eurovision in 2001 ayy lmao bravo Eesti
>>
>>55705349
If I didn't live somewhere warm with nice beaches I'd definitely visit Aruba
>>
>>55701793
Have you ever left NYC?
>>
At the time of the French Revolution, 75% of French citizens didn’t speak French as a mother tongue.
>>
>>55703518
>what are the Falkland Islands
>>
65% of all Finnish boys are twinks who like to dress up as girls and stutter a lot
>>
>>55703973
>Swaziland is the last absolute monarchy on Earth
Saudi-Arabia? Oman? Brunei?
>>
Fun fact about america:

Don't attack us.
>>
>>55705349
Jesus christ. This is actually the first time I hear about Aruba. I had to google it, and I generally know alot about different countries.
Cheers mate!
>>
French Guyana is actually bigger than many european countries
We have the biggest EEZ in the world since recently, we were close second behind the US, now we're number one.
>>
>>55706877
>We have the biggest EEZ in the world since recently, we were close second behind the US, now we're number one.
Just checked and apparently it changed again, and the US are number one again ;_;
>>
File: 123.jpg (808 KB, 1141x855) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
808 KB, 1141x855
Lesotho is the only country with a geographic lowest point above 1000m, the lowest point in Lesotho is 1400m above sea level, they also have the highest diamond mine in the world at 3100m
>>
The British Pound Sterling is the world's oldest currency still in use today. Its origins can be traced back to the Kingdom of Mercia in the 8th century.
>>
>new zealand is neptune and australia is uranus
>>
>>55704774
>
interesting but it was probably a smart move for them to make trades and stuff
>>
Portugal is poorer, browner and lazier than Spain.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.