[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will be moving to london in a few days any recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 9
I will be moving to london in a few days
any recommendations?
best mobile service?
best places to look for a job?
best places to visit?
best places to meet nice british girls?
how do i avoid jihadists?
>>
>>55692483
Maybe secure a job before moving, yeah?
>>
>>55692483
>best places to look for a job?

Is this bait?
>>
>>55692498
that's not easy when you're abroad unless you're an skilled professional. Nonetheless i'm actually talking with some people and they may give me a hand with that

>>55692509
No, it's a legit question, pl0x answer
>>
London has basically become like Las Vegas, it's a playground for the world with slight British undertones. As a spic you'll blend in seamlessly.

>any recommendations?
Buy an Oyster Card ASAP.
>best mobile service?
No idea.
>best places to look for a job?
Can't believe you're allowed to come here without a job, ffs.
>best places to visit?
Museums in Kensington area.
>best places to meet nice british girls?
Don't. There are some proper qt's in London but the fact they still live in London highlights their poor decisions making skills/degeneracy.
>how do i avoid jihadists?
Don't go into the suburbs. Avoid Tower Hamlets at ALL costs.
>>
>>55692483
When I went to London there was a lot of Spaniards living out of hostels still trying to find work. Find a job before you go fag.
>>
>job
You're going to end up working as a kitchen porter, waiter, barman in a Spanish restaurant. That's pretty much your only choice, pretty much all of the Spaniards I know do the same.
>>
FYI, in Spain, going to London to "find a job" is today as traditional as bullfighting or paella.

OP probably will be back in a while, or at least will move to a decent brit city. Maybe he will stay in London if he enjoys being a poor waiter sharing a house with 6 other inmigrants and is too stubborn too admit defeat.
>>
>>55692712
Most employers don't tend to make long distance calls to hire their employees unless you're an extremely skilled person. The only way to find a job is being there first.

>>55692763
Yeah that's my first idea, but i was looking for other possible answers. I mean i don't mind doing these jobs at all, after all a job is better than no job. But maybe you would know about something else i could apply for.

>>55692624
Thanks, i appreciate the answer. Would you mind telling me why should i avoid Tower Hamlets?
>>
>>55692922
You're not wrong. I know a lot of Spaniards that started in London then looked for refuge in a better city.
>London is good
Kek
>>
>>55692922
I plan to move to a decent city in the long run, but first i need to work and save some money to do so. So London that is.
>>
>>55692971
All Spaniards I know work in hospitality or retail. Unless they extremely good English and are skilled, there's a few that work in IT, design or teachig. They seem to be the exception.
>>
Dude, if you are there (apart of looking for a job), for improve your skills at english, stay away from London, because its full of spaniards and other non english people . Move to Wales, or Scotland.
>>
>>55692624
>Avoid Tower Hamlets at ALL costs.

Is it that bad? I wanted to visit the cemetery.
>>
>>55693036
>they're extremely good at English
>teaching
As you can tell, I'm good at English too.
>>
>>55693074

Bro there are parts of East London that are literally 90% Paki. Elephant and Castle, Romford, Guildford, Barking and anywhere south of the River Thames are all places you should avoid if you dont want to be culturally enriched.

The Suburbs east of London, ie Basildon, Southend and Castle Point are all pretty decent, if vapid.
>>
>>55693028
any idea what city you would like to move to ?
>>
>>55693028
you won't save any money living in London kek
>>
>>55693191
Well, Manchester looks like a nice city, half million people(a lot less than london), it looks clean and neat, and has a nice job market(compared to the rest). Other options could be Brighton, Liverpool, Bristol or Birmingham.
>>
>>55693028
London is the most expensive place to live here. Unless you're earning a ton of cash, expect to be living in a small shitty flat with 50 people and commuting a fair distance.
You won't save money in London.
>>
>>55693296
>Birmingham
Literal Muslimville
>>
>>55692624
Nigga tower hamlets is cool shit

Dagenham and Enfield are bad
>>
>>55693167
So, would be dangerous to walk to this place?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_Hamlets_Cemetery_Park

My goal is to visit the magnificent seven cemeteries.
>>
If I has a penny for every Spaniard that wants to go to there job hunting and to improve is english but never actually goes, I could afford rent in London
>>
>>55693139

Teacher of spanish, i suppose.
>>
>>55693296
Manchester and Birmingham are even worse than London lol, complete shitholes of places

Trust me, it's not worth moving to such miserable cities for to be a waiter or something, you're better of just staying in Spain

If you do come to the UK use some initiative and go to a smaller, more comfy city with fewer foreigners so you stand out more, try Cardiff or something.
>>
>>55693390
>Cardiff
Welshman spotted
>>
>>55693384
don't go to a big city then, there are Spanish teachers everywhere

go to some bumfuck nowhere place with no foreigners
>>
File: 1449523962007.png (747 KB, 1020x746) Image search: [Google]
1449523962007.png
747 KB, 1020x746
>>55692483

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>55693301
Well that's my idea, probably not 50 people but i don't mind living with other people or doing long distances, in the short term(a year or two) that way i would earn enough money to move somewhere else for a few months and find a job outside london.
>>
>>55692483
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>55693366

Wouldn't say dangerous if you went in the middle of the day to be honest, but don't expect to see many English there at all.
>>
>>55693460
dude london is expensive as fuck. The pound is stronk. A cup of coffee was like $8 Canadian when our dollar wasn't shit. You're gonna be hurting unless you find a job asap.
>>
>>55693460
Usually people save up money living in smaller cities then they move to London, not the other way round.
>>
There are in the UK jobs related to the exploit of forests for wood and related?
>>
>>55693504
Well, if I go there it's not to see living english anyway.
>>
>>55693545
Come tree planting in Canada m8 if you're into forestry and working hard.
>>
>>55693503

But, but, there are 750.000 british people in Spain. You cant be so mean :(
>>
>>55693460

You will absolutely not earn enough money to move easily. Rent even far distant from the centre is outrageous, then you have your utilities, council tax, and the cost of travelling from your distant domicile to your place of work will eat into the small amount of money you will have each month to eat.

If you don't have the skills to get a job in London from Spain, you're not what anyone is looking for. You are ten a penny, and you're not even the cheapest person to hire.
>>
>>55693549
lol your English is funny
>>
>>55693573

Yeah, I looked Canada, its one of my options if I fail in the army.
>>
>>55693508
>You're gonna be hurting unless you find a job asap.

I know, but from what i've heard, it is not really hard to find a job in london, some friends of mine are already working and they've arrived about less than a month ago

>>55693523
But isn't London shit compared to the rest of the cities?. Why would people save up money to go to london?.
>>
>>55693579

750,000, mostly retirees, who contribute. Not 750,000 leeches.
>>
>>55693656

So, so, so, so, so naive about London. Why would people save up to go there? The same fucking reason you're going there.
>>
>>55693659

> Pay taxes

I seriously doubt it.
>>
File: 1440091133050.jpg (20 KB, 512x342) Image search: [Google]
1440091133050.jpg
20 KB, 512x342
>>55693656
I dunno man. I only went as a tourist but in every hostle I met cool spanish people who realized they fucked up because they couldn't find work and were burning through their savings
>>
>>55693659
And the spaniards living in UK are leeches? How can I become one?
>>
>>55693744
Get a national insurance number then start claiming benefits.
Simple.
>>
>>55693711

>Pay local businesses to build their villas, resorts etc.
>Eat locally, buy possessions locally, buy into all sorts of touristy crap

I am sure the small percentage of that 750,000 that WORK in Spain do.
>>
>>55693587
Let's count:
I've seen flats for 500-600 pounds on zone 4
+150(travels with oyster card)
+150 on food

that's hardly 900 pounds on spendings, from what i've heard the usual salary is 1200 pounds
1200-900= 300 pounds free to do whatever i want.
in 4 months i would have saved 1200 pounds, that's more than enough to rent a room and eat in any city in england for a month or two i guess.

Of course that would imply i wouldn't spend a single penny more, but i can be pretty much a jew when it comes to saving money if i really need it.
>>
>>55693659

Anyway, Its well known that some british retired are leeching our Social Security system, and british criminals came to Spain to hide.
>>
>>55693296
try bath or bristol or even lincoln or york
>>
>>55693830
>flats for 500-600
That'll be minus utility bills and taxes. Food and drinks and everything else one needs to survive are expensive as fuck in London. Good luck living in abject poverty.
>>
>>55693781
Are you for real? I can just come and start leeching like that? How much can I get?
>>
>>55693898
Not enough to live off, that's for sure. You also need a permanent residence, or at least something with a postcode on it.
>>
>>55693781
So easy? Damn, should try to move over there and enjoy free monis.
>>
>>55692483
Inmigrant, come on go to your pakis and poles friends
>>
>>55693972
Enough to cover rent in a smaller city and maybe 100 pounds for everything else? It's not like my current budget is high lol.
>>
File: 1454196145937.jpg (916 KB, 1600x976) Image search: [Google]
1454196145937.jpg
916 KB, 1600x976
Just move to one of your former colonies
>>
>>55693890
nope, that's with taxes included.

>food and drinks and everything else one needs to survive are expensive as fuck

If i've learnt something when i've came here, is that things in europe are expensive if you're used to spend a lot. There are many stores with super cheap prices in everything, food, clothing, and so on. You don't need to spend 200 euros in a tie when there are ties for 5 or 10 euros. You don't need to buy top notch food brands when there are a ton of generic brands that are similar and cost 5 times less.
It all depends on the way you adapt to your situation.
I am able to reduce my spendings in at least like 50% and still be living in good conditions, healthy and comfy. Of course in order to do so you need to know how to cook, how to repair things, how to find the best prices, how to conform with second brands and so on, it's not for everyone.
>>
>>55692483
Brexit pls, fuck off chicano
>>
>>55694258
>me
>chicano
I'm whiter than you carlos heredia de la virgen del rocio
>>
>>55692483
>That polandball
Nice.
>>
>>55692483
just move to Bcn m8, no reason to go to a shithole like London.
>>
>>55694398
I'm already in Barcelona and there's no reason to stay here any longer. Jobs here are nearly third world tier
>>
>>55694398
Barcelona has 11 %unemployment but Spaniards are literally idiots.

They think that london is cool or something
>>
File: 1445442400563.jpg (8 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1445442400563.jpg
8 KB, 208x200
>>55694559
>They think that london is cool or something
>>
>>55694536
Ok you Will live in 20 m2 with 30 pakis and poles good luck.. My salary in bcn is 1800 € is better than london
>>
>>55694559
>tfw catalonia becomes independent and you can't move there anymore
>>
>>55694668
>1800
and what are you doing here then?. If i earned 1800€ in here i would be living the dream.

>>55694559
well london is definitely cooler than barceona. Not to mention that the job market is way better and flexible, meanwhile here, well.. there's no job market outside 15hs pw contracts.
>>
>>55693839
No, brits dont work in Spain, only holidays. You are a fucking Inmigrant there
>>
>>55694197
USA has never been spanish colony
>>
>>55694960
80% of current USA territory was Spanish at one point.
>>
>>55694960
WELL AYKSHULLY

Florida was and New Orleans was owned by the spanish for a time. The pic I used was just from my /urban/ folder I wasn't actually implying that the U.S. was a spanish colony. You could try Mexico or Argentina, they're kinda first world. Maybe Beunos Aires?
>>
>>55692483
I moved here 3 months ago

Best phone service is Three
For a job, every spaniard here works in a restaurant
Unfortunately, Spaniards here are poor so you will have to live in a shitty area like Limehouse which is full of pakis most likely
>>
>>55695183
How long were you searching for a job?.
>>
>>55692483

Three give you unlimited data on your phone for £20 a month

Indeed/reed/jobsite for work

Science museum and natural history museum are mucho cool

I hope you enjoy sky high rent and paying £4.75 for a pint

POF is best site for London pussy
>>
Try Sheffield - big Hispanic population, low unemployment, cost of living is a fifth of London. I pay £120 a month in rent compared to my mate in London who pays £960. My house is nicer than his and all. You have to be a complete moron to live in London unless you're insanely wealthy. Even the kebabs move to Bradford and Rotherham.
>>
File: worry.png (112 KB, 233x242) Image search: [Google]
worry.png
112 KB, 233x242
>>55695683
>£4.75
4,80€ is around the average price here, and I'm not even living in Paris ...
>>
>>55695912
>£120 rent

Do you sleep in a parking space?
>>
>>55695976
What part of France?

I would move to FR if I could find a job that only needs English.
>>
>>55695683
£4.75 for a guiness i guess?
>>
>>55696441
Montpellier, big student city in the south. Happy hour is around 3€50 and the average price is 4 to 5€.

On the long term Ioubt you could do with English only, though it could enough for a start, there's many people who come here to learn French and they just find a job using their own language.
>>
>>55696891

Thanks, MP could be interesting.

My French is A2/B1 level, I understand a lot, but not enough to do a French only job.
>>
>>55692483
HABER ESTUDIAO
>>
>>55694638
this
>>
>>55696182
No I sleep in a very nice 4 bedroom house 10 minutes bus from the centre of Sheffield.
>>
>>55692483
OP Spanish immigrant here. You couldn't have picked a worst place to find a job m8. I actually lived in the UK for two years, my parents sent me to a boarding school in Bristol to learn english. The only positive thing was that I learnt perfect english which has been incredibly useful and has helped me in a lot of ways in my professional career the thing is that experience wise I would say it was one of the saddest times of my life. The atmosphere in the school was incredibly hostile and off setting to foreigners or people outside the "anglo" mentality. The treatment I received from my fellow students and also teachers had to be the worst treatment I received in my life. To be fair I will say that this was a super expensive school where the students were literally saudi oil magnates children and english politicians children. Since then I haven't returned back to the UK. I have received several attractive job offers from the UK but I would rather saw off my foot than going back there. What I am trying to say is that if I were you I would try my luck somewhere else like Switzerland, Germany or Austria. Sure the language is difficult but the people here are considerably kinder than any brit.
>>
>>55697308
>this nigga thinks i didn't study

i actually have done a career for 2 years+ 1 or 2 years trying other careers, i just have chosen to spend this time of my life travelling around the globe and find my place because now i have the will and i'm physically able to do it, i find it way more enriching than having a degree and working for a company(also many graduates have the same problems as people who never studied anything).
I would have plenty of time in my 30s to study whatever i want if i feel like studying something.
I don't know, it's just another way of seeing life, you probably wouldn't understand it unless you try it. I don't regret quiting college a single bit, most people there were young spoiled brats who will never know what the world is like because they go from home to college like if they were 12yo, having their parents paying for everything. Some had jobs but again, they don't get to see the world and experience it, they just go from work to college.
Plus if i ever decide to return to my country, having a large work experience all around the globe will be far more interesting for my employer than having a person with a degree that never went out of his shell
>>
>>55692483
You are a fucking idiot if you are moving to London without a secure job, there is a reason so many homeless are there.
>>
>>55698574
Ah yes, the whole "travelling around the world" thing. Do you realize that it's a form of escapism for people who can't do simple things like studying or finding a job?
"I'm finding myself" yeah sure, more like I don't know what to do so I'll evade myself.

I studied and worked in Barcelona,Paris and Madrid. So don't tell me I never went out of my shell, I got my shit together unlike you.
>>
>>55698574
>I don't regret quiting college a single bit,
Of course you don't, we will se in 10 years when you go out in the job market and compete with people significantly younger than you who have way more curriculum. Fucking twat.
>>
>>55698252
>Go to a really rich preppy school
>Wonder why people are dicks
>>
>>55698802
>Wonder why people are dicks
They were not dicks man, it was way worse. I have never seen such a racist and classist mentality. I swear I had room mates from fucking Pakistan, South Africa and so on whose parents were fucking loaded but because I was there on a scholarship program and I wasn't from the "anglo" culture they treated me (and several other students who were from the same scholarship) like fucking niggers.
>>
>>55698721
>I worked in Barcelona Paris and Madrid
>I have done an erasmus course in Paris and worked in a city a few kilometers from here
>So don't tell me !

top fucking kek m8, i've made 15,000km to get here, and you want to lecture me about travel?.

And no, it's not a form of escapism, i'm not escaping from anything, it would have been far more easy to stay at home and keep going to college like if it were school, like you did. But again i like to travel and actually know what is going on in the world. You prefer the easy way and remain ignorant and childish, thinking that your shitty degree will save you. Well just take a look around, most graduates in spain can't work from what they have studied, they're doing the same shitty jobs the rest of the population is doing. Their degree is worth a shit, and they're fleeing to other countries, even third world countries. But again you don't know that because you don't go out of your shell
>>
>>55698802
I actually remember one instance when one of the girls from school came during recess and she was dropped by her bodyguard in her daddy's bentley. They left the car parked in the street and I went and started looking through the car's window just to check it out cause I had only seen a bentley in movies before and I was super shocked. The fucking gorilla that was driving the car saw me and started cussing at me like a fucking chimp, grabbed me and started pushing me against the car. I was fucking 12 years old man.
>>
File: 1456243517629.jpg (33 KB, 383x348) Image search: [Google]
1456243517629.jpg
33 KB, 383x348
>>55698932
>>55699071
I don't know m8. Sounds like just rich people being pricks because you got there on a scholarship. Brits can be classist but even more so amongst themselves.
>>
>>55699177
Yes as I said on my first post it is possible that I am quite biased but that doesn't affect how I feel. I would literally stick a knife up my urethra before I moved to the UK, let alone London.
>>
>>55699048
I'm an engineer m8. I was offered to work in Paris but decided to stay in Spain. Who paid for all your travels man? Daddy and mommy?
You sure you don't regret dropping out? You are going to London to clean toilets man. I can travel the world if I want, I Have vacations and money but you can't find a decent job because you dropped out.
>>
>>55699361
>Who paid for all your travels man? Daddy and mommy?
Unlike as with your degree, my travels were paid with my own money, product of hard working.

>You sure you don't regret dropping out?
No, i don't

> I can travel the world if I want, I Have vacations and money
you have 15 days and some money ?, wow!, i'm really impressed by your life

>but you can't find a decent job
All jobs are decent, what is not decent is feeling proud of having done a degree with your parents money. That's like the most autist, easiest way of life ever, and i've seen it a lot around here, there are a ton of young spoiled brats with degrees around here who drive cars and spend money 24/7 while being unemployed just because their parents are rich or middle upper class and can afford all their wishes.
I would be fucking ashamed to live like that tbqh, manchildren with degrees what a fucking accomplishment.
>>
>>55699260
Can you tell us more about your stay in Britain.
>>
why would anyone not rich move to London?
>>
>>55699755
Keep lying to yourself man. Traveling to many countries doesn't makes you better. If your whole life is that then it's just sad. Everybody has travaled so what if you did it during a year? Is that it? Your life is over? Are you going to keep this life of running away? Did you read books? Had meaningful experiencies? Created something?
There is many ways of living and I respect that, but most of the time, people who travel around for so many time is just escaping the reality. I travelled through Europe one summer and It was a great experience but in the end you can't live like this your whole life.
>>
>>55700115
Well sure. I was there from 3rd Form till 4th Form. The school was called Clifton College it was right between Bristol and Bath in a town called Clifton, very lovely as I remembered. To be honest one of my only comforts was waiting for the weekend so that I could leave the school and go around the town and visit the old little quaint shops and bookstores there by my self and buying really old history book with illustrations which were impossible to get in my hometown in Spain. I had a really hard time making friends cause at that time was very shy and my self-confidence was very low (I was 13/14 and I hadn't had a girlfriend or kissed a girl which at the time seemed important) and all the kids knew each other and I was literally an outsider in every sense (culturally, linguistically and Institutionally since it was my first time experiencing English education). The thing is that spanish education is way different than the english one in some ways we are so behind you guys but in others you are the ones who are behind, for example; all the humanistic branches are so well regarded in England that is insane, by that I mean literature, classic civ and arts. Its waaaaaaaay ahead than spanish education, it was thanks to this that I decided to make a bachelor in art history and history in Spain. On the other hand your science curriculum is almost laughable. I was the worst math student back home and when I came to the school I took a placement test and I got sent to the 1st class and during the year I scratched my balls cause all the stuff I had already studied it the year before. I dont know it was an experience that is for sure but the people there had to be the worst specimens that I ever had the displeasure of meeting. Uppity, egocentric and arrogant. They thought because they were born into money that gave them the right to feel superior about themselves.
>>
>>55700616
During schooldays all the alumni had to wear appropriate attire, that meant wearing your own suit or buying one from the school. Because my parents spent so much money already on school stuff pane tickets and whatnot they told me to buy a suit from the school (which was significantly cheaper and as you could have guessed way less stylish and proper fitting) but most of the kids wore their own tailored suits. This was one of the things that people picked on me the most because I was fairly small at that time and the sizes in England are a little bigger that in Spain so I looked like my big brother lent me the clothes and girls used to laugh at me because they thought I looked like a little boy in these huge clothes. I would lie if I said that it didn't affect me, this things led to me having super low self esteem until I started college in Spain.
>>
>>55694787
Daddy's job, that's what he does
>>
>>55700507
I read books all the time

>Created something
Not my goal in life desu

>you can't live like this your whole life.
I'm not planning to live like this my whole life, just my youth, once i find myself comfy in some place, i would probably start making plans to settle down, have a family and live like a hobbit, but at least i would have experienced and seen the world and will have a lot of stories to tell my children or my friends, and also have good friends all around the world.
Of course it doesn't make me better, but neither does your degree, what makes you better is pretty much a relative issue and it differs from person to person
>>
>>55692483

>London

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I was planning the same, going to Britain/Ireland, Scandinavia or Germany to look for a job.
>>
File: 1438473228025.jpg (87 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1438473228025.jpg
87 KB, 540x540
>>55702066
Going to IRELAND to look for a job. I've just come back from 6 years in Dublin. Looking for a job in Ireland man.

MAN.

Jesus Christ.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.