[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain yourself americans, how is this still ok in 2016? h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: john-oliver-512x512.jpg (101 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver-512x512.jpg
101 KB, 512x512
Explain yourself americans, how is this still ok in 2016?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss
>>
I MEAN REALLY
>>
IT'S
>>
>>55686175

Oh my god I hate this disgusting brit and his show so much. HATEEEEE
>>
We live in a time where the common practice is now to cast nonwhite actors in roles originally written for whites and he's making a video complaining about whitewashing?
>>
File: image.jpg (609 KB, 1481x1942) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
609 KB, 1481x1942
>>55686244
>>
>>55686175
>tony montana
>implying there are no white cubans
>>
>>55686264
What the fucking is going on with his teeth? He looks like he eats nothing but raw carrots all day.
>>
>>55686175
No.
He can't do this.
He should be dead.
2015 is over, he lost his powers.
The calendar says 2016 right now.
>>
Just another shitfuck brit that the kikes brought over to spout stupid shit in a silly accent.

Just like that faggot piers
>>
>>55686175
The majority of American millenials, including those posting on /int/, are self-hating progressives and fully support the sentiments expressed in this video.
>>
People caring about the racial characteristics of mythological figures is dumb. It really doesn't matter what race Moses or Anubis is portrayed as.
>>
>>55686175
day of the rope is coming
>>
File: 1421837790961.jpg (51 KB, 664x376) Image search: [Google]
1421837790961.jpg
51 KB, 664x376
>>55686572
>>
WHITE
GUILT
>>
I don't get what people see in John Oliver. It's not even that I find most of his views that disagreeable but my god, what an annoying faggot. Even when I think he's technically right about something I want to disagree with him, just because he's such an unfunny little weasel.
>>
The media is just terrible in general. Yesterday it was in the Dutch news the lead man of pegida was arrested for carrying a swastika while the mayor had explicitly forbidden it for that specific rally.

Controversial right? It was pic related. And he was released at the police bureau. Which went unreported in half the media.
>>
So you're telling me all these actors boycotting the Oscars don't have the money to make a movie of their own?

Be the change you want to see and all that.
Show Hollywood that non-white actors are just as good actors by shooting your own shitty movie.
If people don't watch this movie because people are racist and won't watch movies with black people, stop bitching at Hollywood. They are not the wrongdoers this time.
>>
>>55686848
It's a case of people wanting to hear what they already believe. He has poor comedic skills and the writing is atrocious and repetitive.
>>
WOULD SOMEBODY TEACH THIS LIMEY FAGGOT HOW TO DEADPAN

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE
>>
>>55686175
Did they actually watch the last samurai?
>>
I don't get this you can complain about it

But will people stop consuming those films? no
Will the government put in a law? no

So what's the point? Oh yeah to just charge dissatisfaction in society.
>>
>>55687157
No, and you can tell that they belong to the meme school of "Egypt is in Africa therefore its people are of the same West African appearance as African Americans" which the Americunts are trying to push all over the world.
>>
>>55686175
did he get writing tips from family guy
he always uses these weird unfunny lolsorandumb graphics and references
>being against my opinions is like being against this easter basket full of soft fluffy kittens with monocles on, if you can hate that you must be a monster, a MONSTER I say
>*slams his hands down on his desk while bopping up and down on his chair*
its so cringey
>>
>>55687157
They act like samurai is a race or ethnic group

also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign-born_samurai_in_Japan
>>
Not sure what to feel about this, I'm against whitewashing not because I care about brown peoples feelings, I just think movies are more authentic with the correct race representing their culture, country or whatever.
I have to agree it looks silly when egyptians are white for example.
>>
What next? in a pantomime they will get a woman playing a man's role? The sheer audacity of it!
>>
It was making me angry as fuck and then I got to the Last Samurai bit and almost had an aneurysm, I want to die.
>>
>>55686259

>why would you cast a black guy for a stormtrooper role?
>all stormtroopers are white according to Star Wars lore
racist

>why would you cast a white guy for an Egyptian role?
>all Egyptians were black according to history
not racist

confusion.jpg
>>
File: typical fingolian.png (793 KB, 699x718) Image search: [Google]
typical fingolian.png
793 KB, 699x718
>>55687247

In general, I think Europeans should defer to how Americans interpret their culture. Given that the US are European-descendants, this implies American ownership of European history and therefore they are free to say, "it is as so." If you dispute this, you are a racist.
>>
>>55686264
Looks like a fucking industrial revolution chimney sweeper
>>
>>55686175
Yes, also people who play vampires should be actual vampires.
>>
>>55686909
>won't watch movies with black people, stop bitching at Hollywood

That's not a way of reasoning these people have. In their opinion, every movie should have black guy in it so the racist are FORCED to watch movies with black people in them.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.