[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick a country or region and tell what misconceptions you had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Pick a country or region and tell what misconceptions you had about it.

For me it is Europe and thinking Europe was just "America with different landmarks". Boy was I wrong.
>>
File: confusion.jpg (17 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
17 KB, 500x372
>>55680299
>thinking Europe was just "America with different landmarks"
>>
That map is pissing me the fuck off
>>
File: Gypiesreal.jpg (265 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gypiesreal.jpg
265 KB, 1280x720
>>55680299
Europe, I used to think Gypsies were a mythical people that were used in video games, stupid button movies, and werewolf stories.
>>
I thought America was good.
>>
>>55680299
>this post
>that flag
i can't even
>>
>>55680299
I thought all australians did was get on the piss all day and shit post.
>>
File: 1450944164489.jpg (48 KB, 506x514) Image search: [Google]
1450944164489.jpg
48 KB, 506x514
>NO ZEALAND
>>
>>55680348
is that the new runescape?
>>
>>55680348
Roma or Irish?

I am /pol/ levels of mad at Roma.
>>
>>55680299
I thought people from The Earth were nice
>>
>>55680299
I thought Canada was a completely distinct country from the USA.
>>
Caribbean
>It's all coconuts and weed
>we speak some african languages
>Voodoo ( that is only big in Haiti)
>we know nothing of tech

Those are my biggest peeves
>>
>>55680495

>we speak some African languages

Who the fuck thinks that? Maybe anyone outside the Americas would think that but from all the damn Caribbean vacation commercials here we would probably consider it the most sophisticated place on Earth.
>>
>>55680439
No, it's the opening village of fable 2

>>55680441
>Roma or Irish?
Roma; people call the Irish gypsies in /pol/? I don't go there...
>>
>>55680378
>nongland
>nopan
>notagascar
>nopedonesia
>notfoundland
>noribbean
>>
>>55680299
Jordan; sounded like ME shithole, but really nice people (except for those merchants) and very beautiful culture/nature.
>>
>>55680722
Ireland has native gypsies. We call them travelers or tinkers. They will steal your copper and try to sell it back to you.
>>
>>55680792

So that's what leprechauns are!
>>
>>55680792
>Ireland has natives gypies
soooo... The Irish?
>>
>>55680299
Why the fuck is Iceland a part of North America that makes me really mad actually, at least the other things like missing islands can be explained by laziness but that's not even American levels of stupid, this map has to have been made by a Nigerian or something desu.
>>
>>55681161
Iceland lies on the fault line between the North American plate and Eurasian plate and the most populated side faces North America.
>>
>>55681230
If we're defining continents like that, what about the Arabian and Caribbean plate? Even if you use that bullshit reasoning, it's still a shitty map. Iceland is way more European than North America, and almost every map correctly labels it as European/
>>
>>55681304
Based on what, culture? That's nonsense too or you could add the entire west to Europe.
>>
>>55681123
kek

but no, fucking traveling pikeys

pieces of shit will steal any piece of metal not nailed down
>>
>>55681349
Obviously. Continents are pretty poorly defined anyway, but at least it makes more since to put Iceland with Europe because of culture, rather than putting it in North America. It's a mixture of both, honestly, culture and geography.
>>
africa, i thought that region in the picture is just randomly colored black without reason whatsoever
>>
>>55680299
Is this the world after Brexit, Jaxit and Indoxit?
>>
>>55681435
good point.
>>
>>55680299

>Iceland
>Northern America

Fuck off you fucking faggot
>>
>>55681740
see:
>>55681161
>>
>>55680299

oh boy now this is a shitty map
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.