[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Brazil and the Brazilians.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
File: 1453413612405.jpg (121 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
1453413612405.jpg
121 KB, 990x660
Tell me about Brazil and the Brazilians.
>>
what do you wanna know about us?
>>
we are white and do white things
>>
>>54883345
>What do people in your country look like? I know about the South having a white majority, what about the Southeast, Northeast and interior?
>What foods do you eat?
>Are there a lot of Japs?
>Do you get immigration anymore?
>>
What's it like in the interior cities deep in the Amazon, namely Brasilia?
>>
File: WEISSSSSSSSSSS.png (1 MB, 1128x698) Image search: [Google]
WEISSSSSSSSSSS.png
1 MB, 1128x698
>>54883598
>What do people in your country look like? I know about the South having a white majority, what about the Southeast, Northeast and interior?
>Southeast
Used to be predominantly white but a lot of Nordestinos (Northeasterners) immigrated there in the last decades "looking for a better life" (they actually live in favelas instead of double decker houses like their homeland).

>Interior (Caipiras like in your pic)
Predominantly white, true descendants of the Portuguese. Mostly farmers and people that produce Sertanejo.

>Northeast
Predominantly pardo, upper middle to upper class is hugely present on the coast, those are white.

>What foods do you eat?
Rice, beans, steak, salad and orange juice, every fucking day.

Yes.

Yes.

>>54883690
Brasilia is not IN the Amazon, it is closer to Pantanal (Swamplands) than Amazon. Interior cities in Amazon are really just agricultural producers or industrialists. Not very nice to live because infrastructure is shit and security issues.
>>
white south brazilians
>>
File: gummo.jpg (119 KB, 850x462) Image search: [Google]
gummo.jpg
119 KB, 850x462
>>54883598
>What foods do you eat?
Rice and
Yes, in São Paulo mostly.
Only haitians and bolivians.
>>
>>54883999
>Rice and beans

Fix'd.
>>
File: representantes.jpg (157 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
representantes.jpg
157 KB, 700x300
>>54883598
It really depends on which part of the city you are, in the poorer parts people look more like your typical mixed pardo, in the middle/higher parts people look more like Italians/Portuguese people
>What foods do you eat?
We eat rice and beans with any meat and a bit of salad every single day, but there are days when people trade it for pasta or lasagna
mostly in SP, but they tend to agglomerate in one place it's weird af
Yes, from chinks and people from SA

>>54883690
Brasilia isn't in the Amazon, it is in the middle of Cerrado

idk never went there, but as long as you live in a capital life must be pretty normal
>>
>>54883598
>>What do people in your country look like? I know about the South having a white majority, what about the Southeast, Northeast and interior?
All niggers, niggers everywhere
>>What foods do you eat?
rice and black beans, banana for dessert.
>>Are there a lot of Japs?
in some cities even there the niggers outnumber every other group
>>Do you get immigration anymore?
not much, afaik
>>
File: 1453417239365.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1453417239365.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>54883920
>>54883999
>>54884308
Aight, continuing
>Whats the religious situation like? I heard there's lot of Animists and African pagans, are they crazy? Any Muslims?
>And but what about the whole country? Is it nominally Caucasian-looking?
>Is it livable? I heard non-edible things are expensive and incomes are low for every class.
>Is most of the architecture shitty concrete structures or is there a lot of European-style buildings?
>>
File: 1449187578885.png (34 KB, 721x621) Image search: [Google]
1449187578885.png
34 KB, 721x621
>>54883598
>>What do people in your country look like?
see pic related
>>What foods do you eat?
hm,rice, beans and meat?
>>Are there a lot of Japs?
only in some cities, i know 2 that are full of them, their cities are much cleaner than the usual
>>Do you get immigration anymore?
some haitians go to the south and crazy koreanschinese to sp
>>
File: regioes_brasil.gif (18 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
regioes_brasil.gif
18 KB, 239x211
>>54883598
People in the Southeast (red) look like "regular Brazilians", light brown people with mixed facial features. Some small cities have pockets of white people (not real Anglo-Saxon White™ but white like Southerners). In São Paulo there is a considerable number of Japanese too.

People in the Northeast (purple) are a bit darker brown and usually malnourished and sunburnt. In Bahia (southernmost one) there are lots of blacks.

People in the North (green) look like natives (like Mexicans or Bolivians).

There are very few people in the Centre-West, only cattle and plantations. They come from all other regions so it varies a lot.

Then, you can find many white and black and brown people everywhere, I just described the majority of each region roughly.

>>54883920
Don't listen to this /pol/tard.
>>
File: 1453413683278.jpg (349 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1453413683278.jpg
349 KB, 1024x768
>>54885128
So when you mean regular Brazilians, you mean like this?
>>
>>54884762
>Whats the religious situation like? I heard there's lot of Animists and African pagans, are they crazy? Any Muslims?
they're exceptions, people here are either Catholics or Protestants

Never seen a muslim in my life
>Is it livable? I heard non-edible things are expensive and incomes are low for every class.
yeah, inflation and economics have been pretty shitty for the last few years, it was much better some time ago, everyone is having financial issues/going bankrupt
>Is most of the architecture shitty concrete structures or is there a lot of European-style buildings?
shitty concrete structures
>>
>>54885128
>>54883598
Continuing.

>What foods do you eat?
The staple Brazilian food is rice and beans with some meat or salad, but feijoada, pizza and barbecue are also common.

Mostly Haitians.
>>
>>54885330
>air conditioner
upper class confirmed
>>
File: Blumenau-Santa-Catarina-6.jpg (153 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Blumenau-Santa-Catarina-6.jpg
153 KB, 640x480
>>54884762
>>Whats the religious situation like? I heard there's lot of Animists and African pagans, are they crazy? Any Muslims?
almost all christian, never saw a muslim in my life
a few days ago i saw a nun and got spooked because i thought it was a muslim

>>And but what about the whole country? Is it nominally Caucasian-looking?
no
you can survive. but everything is ultra expensive.
>>Is most of the architecture shitty concrete structures or is there a lot of European-style buildings?
some houses/cities in RS and SC from europeans immigrants build european buildings, but the rest is just bricks house in random ways
>>
>>54885599
but almost all of us are caucasian looking. We don't have the light skin, but we are a caucasian country
>>
>>54884762
>>Whats the religious situation like? I heard there's lot of Animists and African pagans, are they crazy?
They mostly keep to themselves.
Protestants are the shitty ones who keep calling Catholics idol worshippers and people of African religions satanists.

>Any Muslims?
I have seen about 10 in my lifetime.

>>Is it livable? I heard non-edible things are expensive and incomes are low for every class.
True. It's especially shitty now. Property is also ridiculously expensive, most families live paycheck to paycheck and buy things with credit and accumulate huge debt. Being midlde class means being able to buy a house or apartment only in your 50's. Inflation is so high right now, computer prices have actually increased since 2013 despite Moore's law (I mean, a computer with the same configuration would be more expensive now than in 2013.)

>>Is most of the architecture shitty concrete structures or is there a lot of European-style buildings?
An European man I met was very impressed by our older buildings, especially the main train station in São Paulo.

>>54885330
Too white, but close enough I guess.
>>
>>54885429
>upper class
The shittiest private schools have air conditioning nowadays senpai.
>>
>>54885832
>private schools
upper class
>>
>>54885891
>unironically being poor
How do you afford internet?
>>
File: South Brazil prot070715_0016.jpg (305 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
South Brazil prot070715_0016.jpg
305 KB, 1280x853
>>54883598
>South having a white majority

This is a protest made by firefighters that took place in Porto Alegre, one of the largest cities of South Brazil. Do these people look white to you?
>>
>>54886032
>implying most of them aren't white for brazilian standards
meme on
>>
>>54886029
middle class= 20$ per month
who pay private school is at least upper middle class
and my 15mbps internet is much cheaper than 1 month of private school
>>
>>54885832
>The shittiest private schools have air conditioning nowadays senpai.

Lies.

La Salle Canoas removed all air conditioners since the crisis started.
>>
>>54886104
>who pay private school is at least upper middle class
There are R$ 700 private schools senpai.

Any lower middle class family can afford that for one child with some effort.
>>
File: 1453737615207.png (73 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453737615207.png
73 KB, 250x250
>>54886032
>Porto Alegre
shit violent city that have more immigrants that natives and all the whites are leftists SJW sweden tier
>>
>>54886121
>rio grande do sul
I wasn't going for that shitty, but you win I guess.
>>
>>54886163
>R$ 700
>lower middle class
>middle class win between $ 291,00 a R$ 1.019,00 per month
>>
>>54886097
I'm just making a question for him. I'm not memeing.

I've noticed Americans think that white people = tall blonde blue eyed Anglo looking people.

I want him to understand that Germanic looking people(like the guy on the left) are a small minority here in Porto Alegre.
>>
>>54886259
>middle class win between $ 291,00 a R$ 1.019,00 per month
memes

>win
lrn2english
>>
>>54886170
>leftists SJW sweden
>>>/pol/
>>
>>54886170
>shit violent city that have more immigrants that natives and all the whites are leftists SJW sweden tier

Well, all Germans in South Brazil are immigrants. And i would like them to return to Germany.
>>
>>54886554
Good thing there are no Germans and only Brazilians there :^)
>>
>>54886554
i bet they would too.
>>
File: Redenção.jpg (133 KB, 800x948) Image search: [Google]
Redenção.jpg
133 KB, 800x948
>>54885358
>>54885599
>>54885755
appreciating all the replies
I don't want to persist on race, I'm just asking for pictures of what the average Brazilian looks like.

And I had some more questions if you're up for answering them.

>Why do so many of you use the internet given your economic state? Lots of FB and Youtube users are Brazilian.
>According to some shit I've read, Brazilians are more orderly then Americans in many areas, such as how to act in public(sneezing while covering is very common, people often share food and enjoy consistent communication, and awkwardness is sinful) True or not?
>Will your country vote for gommies again despite Dilma's scandals?
>Is high crime a meme like it is here where most of it occurs in heavily segregated poor areas?
>2% of Brazilians speak German at home. Have you ever met someone who spoke German?

>>54886032
Nominally yes, in my opinion, though I'm probably one of the few who considers Arab and North African-looking people to be white.
>>
>>54886684
>>Why do so many of you use the internet given your economic state? Lots of FB and Youtube users are Brazilian.
comunist government giving free pc and free internet to favela with our taxes
>According to some shit I've read, Brazilians are more orderly then Americans in many areas, such as how to act in public(sneezing while covering is very common, people often share food and enjoy consistent communication, and awkwardness is sinful) True or not?
yes
yes a lot of them they want free money
>Is high crime a meme like it is here where most of it occurs in heavily segregated poor areas?
both, i was never robbed but i never felt safe in public, i would never leave house with a cellphone for example, but murderers and this things are more in poor areas
>>2% of Brazilians speak German at home. Have you ever met someone who spoke German?
no
>>
>>54886032
>não queime a independência
>regulamentação já!
Q?
>>
>>54886622
Not anymore.
>>
I wanna be BrAzIlIaN :3
>>
>>54886333
http://www.sae.gov.br/imprensa/sae-na-midia/governo-define-que-a-classe-media-tem-renda-entre-r-291-e-r-1-019-cidade-verde-em-24-07-2013/
>>
>>54886684
>>Why do so many of you use the internet given your economic state? Lots of FB and Youtube users are Brazilian.

Internet is Brazil's favorite past time. Also government has internet for all program, which means favelas all have internet connection. Internet is the ultimate bread and circus and government has realized that. You can make the poorest person feel happy by simply connecting him to the internet with a pentium 3 computer.

>>According to some shit I've read, Brazilians are more orderly then Americans in many areas, such as how to act in public(sneezing while covering is very common, people often share food and enjoy consistent communication, and awkwardness is sinful) True or not?

Not true. People often throw trash on the streets, use spot for cripples, throw cigarettes in gardens. Talking or sharing food with stranger is only if the person is attractive and normal, an awkward creepy person(like me or half of 4chan) gets ignored and excluded.

>>Will your country vote for gommies again despite Dilma's scandals?

Brazil is one of the most unequal countries on earth. Poor people fear voting for non-commies parties in fear they will cut welfare and favor the rich. That's why i consider Brazil a lost cause.

>>Is high crime a meme like it is here where most of it occurs in heavily segregated poor areas?

Crime can happen anywhere. Wealthy neighborhoods have instant police response, poor neighborhoods have no police at night. So of course chances of getting robbed or beat up are much in higher in the place with no police.

>>2% of Brazilians speak German at home. Have you ever met someone who spoke German?

My brother dated a girl like this once, but it was a more of a facade than anything, it was just for showing off. I think 1.5% of them do it for attention to show how refined they are and the other 0.5% do it because they're old people with little education who have shitty Portuguese.
>>
>>54886684
It's cheap.

>>According to some shit I've read, Brazilians are more orderly then Americans in many areas, such as how to act in public(sneezing while covering is very common, people often share food and enjoy consistent communication, and awkwardness is sinful) True or not?
>people are not autistic
True.

>>Will your country vote for gommies again despite Dilma's scandals?
>vote
>implying not rigged
Unless this Jair Bolsonaro guy is a candidate, there is literally no better option.

>>Is high crime a meme like it is here where most of it occurs in heavily segregated poor areas?
No. It's everywhere except the very rich areas.

I met a girl whose grandfather was German and she spoke some, but not fluently.

>>54886826
>comunist government giving free pc and free internet to favela with our taxes
lies, delet
>>
>>54887187
>show how refined they are
>hurrdurrspeak
>refined
poor people lmao
>>
>>54885128
>I am a poltard
>posts the biggest bait in the thread
Nice try Lussimarcos da Silva.
>>
>>54888343
>le 4chan is for racism and edgyness
>>>/pol/
>>
>>54884762
A lot of protestants (mostly poor people), a lot of Catholics (old people and youngsters). São Paulo has a lot of Jews. Pagans and Spiritualists are regular people, they are chill.
>And but what about the whole country? Is it nominally Caucasian-looking?
Not in terms of facial features but many people have fair skin colour. You don't see these people on a regular because people here don't walk very often, for obvious reasons, unless it's jogging or shopping. Those who do naturally get browner.
Yes, if you have a job. Thing is people want to pose a too high living standard than their means.
Shitty plain concrete blocks, very few surviving colonial buildings and those are almost always falling apart from the lack of maintenance.
>>
>>54888462
Where was I racist you autistic piece of shit?
>>
Why do you speak English? Are you blind? 99% of posters are Brazilians shitposting
>>
>>54886684
>Why do so many of you use the internet given your economic state? Lots of FB and Youtube users are Brazilian.
It's cheap. It's accessible. People are social so it leads to more connectivity. Most things are done online.

>According to some shit I've read, Brazilians are more orderly then Americans in many areas, such as how to act in public (sneezing while covering is very common, people often share food and enjoy consistent communication, and awkwardness is sinful) True or not?
True.

She is not communist, but I bet that they will vote for something even worse, PMDB, the most corrupt party in the country and also a catch-all party without a set agenda.

Yes for life crimes, no for robberies.
My city had like 20 atms from inside banks blown up. 4 in my neighbourhood alone and 1 in my uni, literally in the front of hundreds of students in class time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4gelJo-UU

>2% of Brazilians speak German at home. Have you ever met someone who spoke German?
No, only those who went to very expensive internationalized schools.
>>
>>54884885
>self-declared
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.