[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your reason for hating Sweden?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13
File: swe.jpg (4 MB, 3472x2300) Image search: [Google]
swe.jpg
4 MB, 3472x2300
Do you hate it because of the ethnic Swedes? The immigrants? The language/history/culture or something else?
>>
>>53976790
I hate how smug and self important you are.
>>
They're autistic
>>
>>53976790
>that manlet

lmaoing @ sweden
>>
>>53976790
Because you stole our discovery.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chemical_elements_naming_controversies#Element_23
>Vanadium (named after Vanadis, another name for Freyja, the Scandinavian goddess of fertility) was originally discovered by Andrés Manuel del Río (a Spanish-born Mexican mineralogist) in Mexico City in 1801
>In 1831, Sefström of Sweden rediscovered vanadium in a new oxide he found while working with some iron ores. He chose to call the element vanadium after the Old Norse Vanadís, another name for the Norse Vanr goddess Freyja, whose facets include connections to beauty and fertility, because of the many beautifully colored chemical compounds it produces. Later that same year Friedrich Wöhler confirmed del Río's earlier work. Later, George William Featherstonhaugh, one of the first US geologists, suggested that the element should be named "rionium" after del Río, but this never happened.

Gib credit back pls thnx
>>
Well, sometimes i get angry with nordic countries, because they´re getting an admiration that they dont deserve, while countries like Italy or Spain, which have contribuited a lot for the "mankind", have big economies, and are industrialized, are constantly judged like lazies and corrupts, no matter if we make things good or not.
>>
>>53976845
>I hate how smug and self important you are

Swedes are nothing like that though, except for some friends of friends I met in Goteborg.
>>
>>53976790
I hate the fact that you're importing people from the third world. It's ruining an otherwise good country.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 630x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 630x500
>a citizen of a certain country starts a hate thread starts a "why do you hate us" thread
>everyone shits all over the country in question

>a non-citizen of a certain country starts a hate thread (India excluded because Australians).
>most people either say "this country isn't that bad desu" or proceeds to shit all over the country of OP

Why do people do this?
>>
>>53977187
lel, if you say left I say right
>>
dunno whether I hate or love you

'Sweden Yes' basically has the potential to spread like a malignant cancer across eager leftist politicians in Europe who will try to follow suit or competitively out-Yes you at the detriment of us all

But it also has the potential to be the canary in the coal-mine and act as a warning against the tangible effects of such egregiously liberal policies (though the germans have gladly taken the seat next to you on that doomed train)

You're probably both in practice, but you're terrible for the former cause you don't intend the latter
>>
>>53976933
He's probably around the britbong average, 175-178 something.

And he's pulling mad pussy, look at that ass.
>>53977066
sry, we have quite alot of those element discoveries so could give that one back
>>53976872
True
>>53976845
Its an exciting mix of self hatred and chauvinism/superiority feelings.
>>
>>53976790
Language is really horrible. Have you guys ever skype with Swede? I wanted to kill them everytime they open their mouths.
>>
It just seems like such a worthless meme country. That's all. Even those pictures make it seem so corny and trite. Like a disneyland village pretending that its a real country and telling other people what to do. I don't get it.

>history/culture

Does Sweden have either? IKEA and gross meatballs don't count as culture. Vikings barely count as history, they were literally just wandering pirates who weren't able to build a civilization of their own until Marshall plan.
>>
File: 8d0[1].jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0[1].jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>53977915
lel, im sure you are going to trigger alot of Swedes with this
>>
>shit meme language
>shit accents
>going out of the way to created gender neutral pronouns because of muh progression
>most beautiful country. as a manlet I am jealous
>I wasn't born in Sweden
these are the reason why your country sucks
>>
>>53977915

I know you're memeing pretty hard (and who can blame you?) but completely ignoring or not knowing about the 17th through the 19th centuries in Sweden really makes you look stupid
>>
I don't. I just don't understand certain aspects of the Swedish social structure, or the lack of it.
>>
>>53978213

Lack of castes probably muddle it up a bit.
>>
>>53978197

Well then I guess I am stupid and so is 99% of everyone else in the world, because I guarantee they don't know anything about "17th through the 19th centuries in Sweden" either.

I'm sure they did other stuff rather than the viking thing. But it is fair to say that Sweden did not make that much of an impact on human history. Agree?
>>
>Awful language
>Awful indigenous population
>Awful immigrant population
>Contribute nothing to the world other than bogus political outbursts (Attention seeking)

Norway, Finland and Denmark are like Sweden but without the shit. And with more interesting architecture, more unique cultures and histories. So it is naturally very easy to dislike Sweden.
>>
You can give a new chance to thousands of ppl from all over the world to live with you which costs you a fortune, but you can't give back our stolen art etc. But it's propably your double germanic morality, so I would never understantd it.
Based commercial tb h
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUWksOhDKXE
>>
>>53976790
i liked sweden back when it was only famous for ikea, blonde blue eyed qts, melodeath metal bands and for generally being one of the best places in the world to live in
now i hate it because of things like this
http://www.rfsu.se/Bildbank/Dokument/Metod-Handledning/L%C3%A4ttare%20svenska/lektionsunderlag2015web.pdf
>>
I don't. My reasons? Sweden seems like a good place. My prayers for solving the immigrant issue.
>>
>>53978686
Its been 400 years since that art was stolen. All countries stole from eachother back in the days, if everyone were to return all items to their countries of origin you would have to transer tens of millions of items.

>>53978754
I hate it as well. Lots of people dont support the Sweden Yes-culture though, I mean theres even a majority against the current immigration. But those with influence and power in Stockholm are super liberals.
>>53978446
I think we did well considering our small population. There were 1 million people living in Sweden during the 1600's, at the same time there were more than 20 million living in France. Despite that we were one of the great European powers for a long time, and our king lead the protestant forces in the thirty years war.

You cant compare Sweden to Germany, Italy, France, UK etc - countries whos had 10-20x our population throughout history. We are to be compared to Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Hungary
>>
>>53978686
You know it would never have been stolen if your king had not kept on insisting he was our even after we kicked out his great grandfather.
>>
File: german.png (102 KB, 299x225) Image search: [Google]
german.png
102 KB, 299x225
>>53979175
>Its been 400 years since that art was stolen. All countries stole from eachother back in the days, if everyone were to return all items to their countries of origin you would have to transer tens of millions of items.

That's what makes you germanic. Call other thieves, while you are dindus.
>>53979474
These are our national good's not some king's pants.
>>
File: Rape in sweden.jpg (634 KB, 2048x1530) Image search: [Google]
Rape in sweden.jpg
634 KB, 2048x1530
>>53979694
In all honesty I think we sold many of them off to finance our wars against the Habsburg emperor and the Russians Tsar. I know we melted a few for the gold.

So, sorry I guess?
>>
>>53978543
Finnish history is literally non-existant. They were a part of Sweden. Swedes and finns made history together living in the same empire/state, but there isnt relly any unique exclusively finnish history until the early 1900's when Finland was created.

Swedish recorded history goes back to the 800's or 900's. Danish and Norwegian 700's/800's, but Swedes as a people were mentioned around 50 AD by Roman historians, and then again in 500 AD.

Norway and Denmark have more famous vikings because they went west, our vikings went east, where there were no literate monks to write down information about us. After the viking age, Norway came under Danish and then Swedish rule for several centuries and they were more or less irrelevant until the early 1900's, when they became sovereign.

So a timeline of historical dominance/cultural dominance among Nordics would be; viking age (Norway & Denmark), from about 1100 to 1523 - Denmark, 1523 and up to modern time - Sweden.

When it comes to architechture there isnt that many old buildings in Norway and Finland. Theres alot more in Sweden and Denmark. Way more runestones in Sweden than any other nordic country.
>>
>>53976790

i've seen just a couple of swedes in my life, a girl i fucked in Cancun and some dude wandering on my home state.

i have no reason whatsoever to hate any country, let alone sweden even though if the country itself is nice shitposting material
>>
>>53980422
>there isnt relly any unique exclusively finnish history until the early 1900's when Finland was created
Yeah, what on earth could be the reason finns hate Sweden so much?
>>
>>53980689
you know what I mean. All ethnic groups have a history, a past. But theres nothing known about the finnish past. Finland was most likely very sparsely populated.
>>
I loved a swedish girl, once.
>>
>>53980422
The key descriptor you overlooked was "Interesting". I, and most, have no interest in the history of Sweden. I, and most, have relative interest in the histories of Norway, Finland and Denmark. Your history is the history of a boring people, enveloped by the influence of Denmark and Norway and expanded under the guise of "Sweden". From that point it gets very uninteresting.

Hope that clears it up for you, Sweden.
>>
>>53981250
> "I, and most"

No, you mate. You cant really speak for others
>>
File: Feels.gif (619 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Feels.gif
619 KB, 500x280
>>53981002
What happened Finbro?
>>
>>53976790
Only total edgelords hate Sweden. Tolerant country with ok culture, food, nature and people.
You're only fucking up yourselves with accepting so much immigrants but that's not my problem. I'd like to visit Sweden.
>>
>>53981553
>You're only fucking up yourselves with accepting so much immigrants but that's not my problem
You could've said that in 2010. Tales of their/german generosity have drawn millions of them to europe and now the rest of us can't stay unaffacted by it.
>>
>>53976790
Swedish government does not represent Swedes as a whole. SJWs aside, I personally like Sweden. The people generally seem to be friendly (overall bro-tier), attractive & happy. Unlike most Danes & Norwegians, many Swedes are willing to defend their country, which I find admirable. Swedish is also a pleasant sounding language in my opinion, more so than the other Scandinavian languages.
>>
Swedes are cool, history is also good, just stand up against immigrants, you guys are too passive.

Also I like basshunter kek
>>
>>53981503
Well we were teens and kinda grew appart, so to say. Was still a top tier lass, kinda miss it sometimes.
>>
>>53976790
whats the name of the manor in 4th pic, looks beautiful 2bh
>>
>>53982250
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drottningholm_Palace
>>
>>53981436
Ah sure thing, mate. I guess that explains why your country is on the lips of so many.
>>
>>53980849
>Finnish history is literally non-existant. They were a part of Sweden

>be ~1100ad
>be Eric the Saint
>kill kings of Tavastia and Nyland
>burn and pillage all the biggest places of worship
>force convert local population into christianity
>lol no culture here

Fuck sweden
Go back swelling in self pity
>>
>>53982579
read what i wrote u triggered shit
>>53980849
>>
they are cucks and leftists
>>
>>53982579
PS. Dont fucking blame modern Swedes for what our ancestor did. I wouldnt have conquered the finnish people and subjugated them, you deserve self rule just as any other people
>>
File: framgång.jpg (62 KB, 800x469) Image search: [Google]
framgång.jpg
62 KB, 800x469
>>53976790
>>
>>53982579
That's not what happened though
You can hate sweden for literally exploiting funland for hundreds of years but this ancient kings and le ebin conversion by sword shit is getting old and raping any legitimacy.
>>
File: yougov-jan-16.png (32 KB, 551x295) Image search: [Google]
yougov-jan-16.png
32 KB, 551x295
>>53981907
This. And SJW removal is on it's way.

http://avpixlat.info/2016/01/22/akesson-foreslar-allians-med-m-for-att-styra-landet/
>>
File: stockholm-map-metro-big.gif (81 KB, 1192x814) Image search: [Google]
stockholm-map-metro-big.gif
81 KB, 1192x814
Stockholm would be a pretty nice city if not for the immigrants. It's really a shame
>>
>>53986816
lel why posting the subway map?
>>
File: mtpeiw2i.jpg (116 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
mtpeiw2i.jpg
116 KB, 591x591
>>53987983

Good rail connections are a nice thing to have, and Stockholm is leagues ahead of Helsinki in that. Copenhagen and Oslo too
>>
>>53988081
sure but its not what makes a city. its the buildings/history/nature/how clean it is/shops and events imo
>>
>>53976790
People here always beg to turn into Sweden; they love the idea of high income equality and good services.
But then again, that goes for basically all of scandinavia.
As for your whole migrant issue, people are quite ignorant, but that's natural considering people really don't look at swedish politics.
>>
I love Sweden
>>
>>53976790
No hate for you, bretty cool country.

>inb4 achmed
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.