[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they become so based while the rest of Europe and East
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17
File: polan.jpg (261 KB, 1319x1319) Image search: [Google]
polan.jpg
261 KB, 1319x1319
Why did they become so based while the rest of Europe and East Europe is a steaming degenerate shithole?
>>
what's based about poland besides rejecting refugees?
>>
>>53928552
>American praising Poland
of course it's a fucking American because for some reason or another they always seem to think Poland is anything but another eastern shithole
>>
Na zdrowie, my name is Pan Kenowski

I'm a 27 year old American hussar (winged knight for you bydlos). I charge tanks on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting plumbing techniques and playing superior Polish games (drinking, drinking and Witcher series)

I train with my lance every day, this superior weapon can pierce clean through tanks because it has plumbed over a thousand toilets, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my lance license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Polish fluently, both Kurwa and Silesian dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Polish history and their mustache code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Polish visa, I am moving to Warsaw to attend a prestigious Liceum to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a programmer for CD Project RED or a plumber!

I own several hussar wings which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Poland, so I can fit in easier. I yell kurwa at my elders and seniors and speak Polish as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.
>>
>>53928608
The globalist propaganda machine (economist.com) hates them so they must be doing things right

EU wants to shut them down
>>
>>53928608
Strong Catholic morality
Acceptance of Black and Middle Easter christians
Pierogies
History
General attitude and worldview
Refusal to give in to the defeneracy of Wester Europe
Fighting Spirit
Proud Culture
Beautiful women
Strong, manly men
Based flag
Based weather
Not landlocked
Hates both Germonies and Russia
Poland is God's paradise on earth
>>
File: 1448264423220.png (203 KB, 1693x946) Image search: [Google]
1448264423220.png
203 KB, 1693x946
>>53928552
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.
>>
File: lodz.jpg (75 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
lodz.jpg
75 KB, 800x600
>>
That's the emblem of Redania
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 320x320
>>53928980
Does that make Temaria Bosnia or France?
>>
>>53928775
>Not landlocked
IT FUCKING SHOULD BE FUCKING STEALING POLES
>>
>>53928775
all memes desu
>>
>>53929089
Cry more Germanigger
>>
>>53929166
>says the guy who probably descended from Germans
>>
>>53928552
Look at the map.
>>
>>53929193
Nope
Only Latins and slavs are white desu
>>
File: still_trippen_bud.png (850 KB, 1158x675) Image search: [Google]
still_trippen_bud.png
850 KB, 1158x675
>>53928648
>hating based polan
>>
File: amry spendings.png (600 KB, 500x1714) Image search: [Google]
amry spendings.png
600 KB, 500x1714
>>53928608
Well, the German/leftie media and politicians went crazy, Europe is divided East vs West, yet again.
Fun times.
>>53928870
this
>>
>>53929344
when it graduates from "3rd world shithole leeching off Germany tier" I'll like them too
>>
>>53929393
>Iceland
>Not third world shithole leeching on Norway
>>
>>53929431
Such a long time ago that it was definitely German
By stealing that land you took away half of our history
>>
>>53931073
>implying we weren't as big as Russia is now
>>
>>53928552
They became based? I wasn't aware. Does that mean they no longer have state controlled media and actually carry their weight in the EU?
>>
>>53928552
They were always a decent country, if somewhat impoverished by communists, it's just you never noticed. And rest of Europe is pretty good, you're just too fixated on sensationalist /news/.
>>
>>53933281
I like Czech because Prague wasn't touched by bombs and it's beautiful. I wish I could write the same about Warsaw
>>
File: hymn-warminski.jpg (122 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
hymn-warminski.jpg
122 KB, 800x599
OOOOOOO WARMIO MOJAAAAA MIŁAAAAAAAAA

RODZINNA ZIEMOOOOO MAAAAAAAAA

TYS MNIEEEEEEEEE DO SNU TULIŁAAAAAAAA
>>
We were always based. You just didn't give a shit about us desu.
>>
>>53928608
>rejecting refugees
I want this meme to end.
We have taken like 800000 Ukrainians in 2 years.
That's more refugees than basically any other country except maybe Germany or Sweden.
>>
>>53933513
dosłownie co
>>
File: image.png (115 KB, 1000x1030) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115 KB, 1000x1030
>>53933586
>tfw Warsaw is East Asian tier skyscraper shithole now
>>
>>53933721
Thanks Communism and UK(America)
>>
File: zdjecie.jpg (67 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
zdjecie.jpg
67 KB, 800x449
>>53933513
MIŁOŚCIĄ PIEEEERRRŚ MA DRGAAAAA

ZDRADZIEEEECKOOO BYŁAAAŚŚŚ WZIĘĘĘTAAAA

BO CHYTRYYYY BYŁ NAAASZ WRÓÓÓÓG

NIEEEEEWOLIII SROGIEEE PĘĘĘĘTAAA

ROZERWAAAŁ DZIIIIIŚ SAM BÓÓÓÓG
>>
>>53933647
except they arent even refugees

and your "based" PiS agreed to taking 7000 shitskins even though they could have rejected the offer
>>
>>53933814
>except they arent even refugees
Yeah, just like all those brown "refugees" coming to the west.
>and your "based" PiS agreed to taking 7000 shitskins even though they could have rejected the offer
What do you mean? I hate PiS.
>>
Please don't encourage them. They're endlessly trying to prove that they're somehow not fucking up and it's getting so boring by now.
>>
>>53933673
>on nie śpiewa hymnu swojego regionu przed hymnem Polski
>na hymnie Warmii wszyscy stoją z ręką na sercu, na hymnie Polski siedzą
Musi być ciężko mieszkać w miejscu bez historii przyjacielu.
>>
>>53933759
More like thanks war

Even if we theoretically landed in the NATO sphere of influence Warsaw would never be the same city it was before Germans bombed it to shit
>>
>>53933890
indeed, I want both sides to stop pretending this is the case

>What do you mean? I hate PiS.

Wish I had saved the link but long story short PiS technically could have rejected the 7000 quota agreed by the previous PO government, but that cuck Waszczykowski (or whoever is in charge of foreign affairs now) still went for it
>>
>>53933906
No tak, Kraków nie ma za krzty historii żbsz.
>>
File: 1395955561287.png (5 KB, 632x646) Image search: [Google]
1395955561287.png
5 KB, 632x646
>>53934135
>Kraków nie ma za krzty historii
>>
>>53933062
Their media is not as much state controlled as politician controlled. Last government makes systemic effort to use state mechanisms to change their bias to one favourable to new government, but it's nothing even close to Putin's continual fellatios by russian media yet.
As for carrying their weight, what is that even supposed to mean? They are developing from a pretty low base, it will take time before they're on par with countries with head start. They pay their EU dues in accordance to agreed metrics, while at the same time opening up their market.
>>
File: the-breaker-new-waves-4290423.jpg (145 KB, 628x838) Image search: [Google]
the-breaker-new-waves-4290423.jpg
145 KB, 628x838
>>53934135
Tylko nie mów tego głośno bo ci z krakoffa to usłyszą i nas zhejtują!
>>
File: 1451585613331.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1451585613331.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>53934214

>the media isn't run by the state, just by the people that run the state
>>
>>53928775
America, you truly are my greatest ally.
>>
>>53931073
>By stealing that land you took away half of our history
Justice for stealing ours.
>>
>>53934565
Big difference, lad.

State controlled media will serve whoever is in power.
Media with political bias will push their narrative regardless of who is in power.

Polish media are shit, but they are not an instrument of totalitarianism yet.
>>
>>53928552
gb2pol
>>
>>53934769

except when the people that run the media run the state at the same time. the last month has been insane.
>>
>>53934887

If you say so. Isn't head of BBC appointed by your government?

I don't like what poles are doing with their media either, but I'd like to give them benefit of doubt. At least it's still not as bad as in Italy.
>>
>>53934982

The government doesn't fire the staff of the BBC when they don't like what they're saying. The past five years have been testament to that.
>>
>>53935129

Okay. Who has polish media fired? Only thing that made the news here was when directors of few TV channels resigned, and they did it as a gesture, not because they were fired.
>>
>>53928775
Being a murrican bitch
still needing to apply for entry visa to Murrica

Yes, it's Poland.
>>
>>53935193

https://news.vice.com/article/polands-right-wing-government-scares-europe-by-going-after-the-media

I guess I was wrong, it was simply a law that was passed that gives Poland more total control of the media.

Still breddy bad.
>>
>>53935193
There is such thing as intimidation.

You'll get this job. But there are rules, ya know.
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 750x1334
>>53928670
>>
>>53935407
>Still breddy bad.
It makes Russia look not so ugly any more.
>>
>>53935641
Because you are vocal hypocrites.
>>
>>53935407
>I guess I was wrong, it was simply a law that was passed that gives Poland more total control of the media.
>Still breddy bad.
As I said, polish media are shit. The law they passed is not a step in right direction, but I personally don't expect them to make the media even worse than they were previously (they claim they want to "balance the bias", I expect they want to reverse it to be more conservative). I don't think Poles trust their media and their government enough to let either get away with what Putin has done to Russian ones. I suppose the time will tell.

>>53935428
Yeah, but this can apply everywhere if you plant enough suspicion. Doesn't mean it necessarily has to be the case.
>>
>>53935780
>Doesn't mean it necessarily has to be the case.
Yeah, we are all Charlie, ain't we.
>>
>>53935193
>Okay. Who has polish media fired?
Wew lad. They've purged a fuckton of journalists and newsreaders. It didn't make the news abroad since nobody recognizes them, but they've cleaned the house pretty thoroughly.
>>
>>53933062
>Does that mean they no longer have state controlled media
What do you mean by that. We have both state controlled and private media as every country does
>>
>>53935193
http://www.polskatimes.pl/artykul/9289275,kolejni-dziennikarze-zwolnieni-z-tvp-nowi-prezenterzy-zmiany-w-telewizji-kto-stracil-prace-lista,id,t.html

Piotr Kraśko, szef redakcji "Wiadomości"
Beata Tadla, prezenterka "Wiadomości"
Justyna Dobrosz-Oracz, reporterka "Wiadomości"
Milena Kruszniewska, reporterka "Wiadomości"
Piotr Jaźwiński, wydawca "Wiadomości"
Maciej Czajkowski, sekretarz redakcji "Wiadomości"
Jacek Tacik, reporter "Wiadomości"
Elżbieta Byszewska, reporterka "Wiadomości"
Magdalena Karpińska, reporterka "Wiadomości"
Jarosław Kulczycki, prezenter TVP Info
Adam Feder, reporter TVP Info
Piotr Maślak, prezenter TVP Info
Joanna Osińska, prezenterka TVP Info
Hanna Lis, prezenterka "Panoramy"
Ewa Godlewska-Jeneralska, wydawca "Panoramy"
Andrzej Godlewski, wicedyrektor TVP1 ds. audycji publicystycznych i społecznych
Karolina Lewicka, reporterka "Wiadomości" i prezenterka TVP Info (złożyła wypowiedzenie)
Paweł Moskalewicz, wydawca TVP Info (złożył wypowiedzenie)
Iwona Radziszewska, dziennikarka portalu tvp.info (złożyła wypowiedzenie)
Dominika Wielowieyska, autorka programu "Puenta" w TVP Info (odrzuciła propozycję dalszej współpracy, w solidarności ze zwalnianymi dziennikarzami)
Tomasz Lis, autor programu "Tomasz Lis na żywo" w TVP2 (nie przedłużono z nim umowy, wygasającej z końcem stycznia)

Pretty much everyone connected to the news. The brackets are, in order: resigned, resigned, resigned, refused prolongment of the contract as a gesture of solidarity, contract was not prolonged.
>>
>>53937365
This is pretty much why I stopped watching Wiadomosci entirely. It's just not the same without that cuck Kraśko anymore
>>
>>53935407
>I guess I was wrong, it was simply a law that was passed that gives Poland more total control of the media.

national tv has like 10%? of channels, other are private and independent
same goes for radio
all of the newspapers are independent
"total control"

not only
you know nothing john snow
but they played you like a fiddle
>>
>>53938020
You do realize Russians on /pol/ say the exact same thing?
>>
>>53938015
Forget Kraśko, it's firing the perfect MILF Tadla that ruined everything.
>>
reminder to invest all your savings into poland
>>
>>53937365
Welp, shit. My condolences, Polska, it was nice knowing you.
>>
>>53938104
nigga please, it's like saying that *all* polish companies are under "total control" since pis changed head of the board of directors in the few state controlled ones
>>
>>53938104
Actually I believe Russians say that
>Opposition media is just western propaganda
>Opposition media is just corrupt oligarchs
>Is same as in west, no media is independent, is all controlled by Jews
>>
>>53938393
these people are ex-commies
its is a good thing they were fired
no more leftist propaganda
>>
>>53938632
commie and also german
its is a good thing they were fired
pis not produce propaganda, only objective news )))))
>>
>>53938738
of course pis produces propaganda too, but I would rather see conservatism propaganda than liberal-leftist-lgbt-feminism-black-muslim-bullshit
>>
>>53935407
Guess what, our former government when they came to power fired all but one right-leaning public tv journalists. Neither EU nor western media would bat an eye then. I wonder why, surely not because the current government is openly conservative and less willing to obey Germany & EU, right?
Public media were filled with PO cronies, now it's PiS turn, they're gonna seize public media, that's true, but literally every previous ruling party did the same, so why the fuss all of a sudden?
>>
>>53939111
they where too based and did not stretch changing up the crew over a longer period and with a unknown chief
>>
>>53939111
Because PiS went all out. PO waited for the contracts to end and quietly replaced everyone over a long period of time. PiS passed laws that allowed them to fire everyone on the spot and dropped all pretense of it not being a hostile takeover by planting their fucking former PR expert as the CEO. And all that along with passing similar laws in administration, dismantling the constitutional court, once again reducing the independence of the prosecutor's office and expanding the police rights in the already notoriously abused part - that was by the way ruled unconstitutional, but PiS instead of fixing it just gave them even more power.
Gee, I do wonder why people reacted to the media changes more strongly.
>>
>>53938555
Meanwhile in /pol/and:
>Opposition media is just ze EU propaganda
>Opposition media is under ze Germans controll
>Is same as in west, no media is independent, is all controlled by Jews (or Germans)
pretty much the same thought process (or rather the lack of thereof) in both cases
we truly are catholic russians
>>
>>53939653
well they have to hurry since their chieftain is seriously old - who knows he could be in the middle of a stroke at this very moment. and without their dear leader pis will rip itself apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnB1WMVJd68
>>
>>53939111
>Public media were filled with PO cronies, now it's PiS turn, they're gonna seize public media, that's true, but literally every previous ruling party did the same, so why the fuss all of a sudden?
Better drop the Poland is Central meme if that's the reasoning you're going to use here
>>
>>53939653
>PO waited for the contracts to end and quietly replaced everyone over a long period of time
agreed, but the overall effect was similar, so this is more of a PR thing than some major democracy abuse. Besides, they seem to stick to the rule that new government must act decisively within its first 100 days to achieve anything meaningful
>dismantling the constitutional court
when PO tampered with CC I somehow didn't see muh democracy headlines all over the media, not even a column desu
>reducing the independence of the prosecutor's office
And? Not that it was some essential principle of democracy. Just a law passed by previous government that didn't work out well according to many IIRC
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (281 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
281 KB, 2560x1440
>>53939781
Meanwhile in PO-land
>>
>>53940736
>when PO tampered with CC I somehow didn't see muh democracy headlines all over the media, not even a column desu
Nigga. What PO did - elect two judges when it was the right of the second parliament. Which was ruled unconstitutional by the CC and justly so. What PiS did - outright refused to honor a CC verdict, decided to end the insitution altogether by purposefully passing a law that paralyzes it completely, which in turns means they effectively abolished the constitution since there's no way now to make sure it's respected. Don't even fucking dare compare the two.
>And? Not that it was some essential principle of democracy. Just a law passed by previous government that didn't work out well according to many IIRC
And? Do you know what is the principle of democracy? Separation of power. One of the few things PO did right is separating the functions of the chief prosecutor from the minister of justice. Overlaps in power lead to abuse, especially when politicians gain more access to methods of control and popular topics among voters like crimefighting.
>>
File: hmh.gif (20 KB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
hmh.gif
20 KB, 250x198
>>53928670

now that takes some serious, unrefined russkie butthurt to make up all of this.
>>
File: 1445397007421.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1445397007421.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
>mfw foreigners concerned about the state of polish national media
This shit in media happened every time after every lost elections in past 26 years. Nothing to see here. It's a standard procedure, this time is little more intense than usual because this is the first time in newest history of Poland when left became minority in parliament

The whole thing was blown out of proportion by influential leftist individuals, both native and foreign, afraid of losing another country to right wing "menace"
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.