[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fully Serious... * What percentage of americans can actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
Fully Serious...

* What percentage of americans can actually drive a car with a manual transition?

* I've heard the running joke that the vast majority can only drive autos. Is there any truth to that?
>>
meh, you can choose what you want to drive since they're priced similarly, maybe a $1,500 difference. most people pick automatic, but my car's a manual.

I guess it beats being too poor to afford an automatic and pretending like its your national preference to drive a manual amirite?
>>
I gots me a E39 540i M sport cause Im too poor for an M5. Got the six speed
>>
I know how to drive manual but I'm stuck with a shitbox automatic that my nana gave me because I can't afford a new car at the moment. I want my next car to be a standard though.
>>
In the Netherlands (and the rest of Europe?) we got two types of driver's licenses.
1. Normal, you can drive both manual and automatic
2. Automatic, for untermenschen who can't drive.

What about the USA?
>>
File: 1449276238028.png (188 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1449276238028.png
188 KB, 327x316
>>53885632
>yuropoors need a license to drive standard
That's a joke right?
>>
>>53885819
Standard?
>>
>>53885632
sounds like just the kind of overburdening regulation that caused the american revolution.
>>
>>53884299
>E39 540i 6 speed

My fucking nigga, I got one myself.
>>
>>53885878
Manual has several names. Standard, stick, and obviously manual.
>>
Where I live, is it roughly a 65/45 automatic-manual ratio. Not sure if it is similar for the rest of the country.

Since I have a 120-mile daily commute, my work truck in an automatic. Though my "fun" car is a manual.
>>
>>53886088
65/35*, I am drunk
>>
>>53885819
It's the same here, too. If you sit your restricted licence in an auto, you can only drive auto until you've got your full licence.
>>
>>53883956
It would probably depend on the region.
In Michigan, i'd guess that about half the population can.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, particularly people that aren't nestled in the heart of the American auto industry.
>>
File: 1453261427654.jpg (924 KB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
1453261427654.jpg
924 KB, 3264x1840
Vast majority drive auto's but you must keep in mind the vast majority also buy crossovers don't like cars to begin with
With cars made for enthusiasts you get ratios like pic related
>>
>>53886156
Everyone who drives manual here takes their test in auto because the instructors are massive faggots about standard drivers. You're only allowed to start in first, I don't think you can downshift and you have to keep both hands on the wheel like 99% of the time despite the fact you have to fucking shift.
>>
>>53883956
I drive an auto. But I don't even enjoy driving and I have a 1.5hr commute.
>>
I drive a 300zx that used to be my dads. I ADORE it. Manual isn't hard.
>>
In Europe where owning a car is a luxury here in America it's pretty much mandatory as the public transit here is shit.

So people who hate driving take the easy way and drive auto.
>>
>>53886562
I've heard stories like that in the states as well, with instructors sperging out when you don't have both your hands on the wheel at all times.
>>
>>53886645
Yuro countries are tiny and they have public transportation. there's literally no need to own a car unless you really want one
>>
>>53883956
Learning to drive a manual transmission is not required to get a drivers license here.

I don't know what %, but most can drive a manual.
I have an auto in my car and truck.

>>53886184
>Michigan
Is automatic better in snow to you?
>>
>>53886156
What the fuck? That's stupid.
>>
File: 1274381294654.jpg (81 KB, 1208x721) Image search: [Google]
1274381294654.jpg
81 KB, 1208x721
>mfw I see someone driving a 6 cylinder automatic mustang
>>
>>53886751
>Is automatic better in snow to you?

Snow, equal.
Ice? way better
>>
It takes 1 (one) day to teach a person with an average IQ to drive a manual if you really need that.
>>
>>53886816
Its fine that's the girlstang. So many women here own "muscle" car base models.
>>
>>53886862
I learned how to drive a manual playing the old need for speed games on my gamecube.
>>
>>53886816
I had a 77 Corvette with an automatic, also it only had 180hp...
>>
>>53886781
How is that stupid? A 17 year old who's learned to drive in an auto is gonna cause so many fuck ups if he tries to borrow his mates/dad's manual.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 570x587
>>53887172
>
>>
>>53887172
That's why you don't lend your standard to someone who can't drive it. Do you need the government to do everything for you?
>>
>>53886714
My instructor was pretty great about that. She probably passed me based on the sole fact I was driving manual because parallel parking was a disaster.
>>
>>53885819
>Implying you should issue out a normal license for someone who only drove automatic during their driving lessons

Your country is retarded if this isn't a thing.
>>
I don't know how to drive neither of them, and that's like a major sin in my country for my age and gender.
>>
>>53887549
Can a car salesman sell a car, truck, or motorcycle to someone without license?

If not why should they be allowed to sell one to someone who didn't get their license on manual?
>>
>>53889312
>Can a car salesman sell a car, truck, or motorcycle to someone without license?
Yes
>>
>>53889312
But they can sell it to someone without a license you dolt.
>>
>>53889312
you can buy a car at 8 years old if you have enough money
>>
>>53889653
>>53889564
>>53889438

Your countries are run by jews alright
>>
>>53889734
And yours are run by cucked pussies
>>
>>53889734
How cucked are you people?
>>
> American """""men""""" unironically use automatic transmissions

Hahaha fucking faggot, enjoy your car engineered for women and sissy men who can't drive.
>>
>>53885819
Yes, its called a drivers licence. The other option is only given in special situations i.e. when someone is to mentally handicapped to comprehend the concept of gears.
>>
>>53883956
I can't drive a stick. Don't really see a reason to. It's pretty much just a pain in the ass unless you're an enthusiast who likes to drive really fast.
>>
The literal purpose of a car is to get from A to B, why add extra work for no reason? Fucking try-hards.
>>
I was taught how to do it a while ago and I've successfully driven around in a manual, but I'm no good at it.
>>
How many of you pussies know how to operate a telegraph? Yeah, that's what I thought. You're not a real man unless you plow your fields with a horse.

>yuropoors
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.