[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is absolutely no reason for suicide not to be legal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: eugfKrh.gif (2 MB, 504x279) Image search: [Google]
eugfKrh.gif
2 MB, 504x279
There is absolutely no reason for suicide not to be legal.
>>
It's illegal in America? You can't fucking kill yourself? And you think you're free?
>>
>>53849058
Agreed. It's the ultimate expression of freedom, after all.
The based Dutch got you covered.
>>
People not being considered mentally competent to make such a decision?
>>
>>53849058
kill yourself
>>
Wait, suicide is illegal in America?
>>
>>53849135
It's not legal in Brazil either.
>>
>>53849139
Don't give me that bs. You can be perfectly sane and want to kill yourself.
>>
>>53849174
It's illegal in Russia too.
>>
>be american
>can't shoot yourself
>>
>>53849058

Well technically it is. I mean what are they gonna do to you? Kill you?
>>
>>53849272
No it's not.
>>
>>53849231

If you really wanted to kill yourself you wouldn't be bitching about it being "illegal" lol lmao.
>>
>>53849318
It's just as legal as it is in the U.S.
You can get imprisoned in a mental health facility indefinitely if people think you'll kill yourself.
That's basically making it illegal.
>>
>>53849291
you'd get shot anyway
>>
>>53849320
True. I'm a massive coward. It makes me want to kill myself even more.
>>
>>53849058
Legality has no power after death, so technically it isn't illegal.

It's for the people that are suicidal so they can receive help in mental health and counselling centers.
>>
File: 1440883074739.jpg (22 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
1440883074739.jpg
22 KB, 400x290
>open a thread
>a retarded brazilian is shitposting
end my suffering.
>>
>be russian
>post txt with stupid suicide methods on github
>russia blocks the entire website
>>
>>53849359
If you botch it and survive an attempted suicide you can be prosecuted as well.
>>
>>53849291
>be suicidal american
>call the police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
>>
>>53849393
there was a city here that was illegal dying, because the cemitery was full. it also happened in italy and france, now that i googled.
>humans
>>
>>53849135
It's illegal in most countries.
>>
>>53849359
>>53849434
It is absolute bullshit, you don't know what you are talking about. Inciting someone to suicide is illegal, and there was that idiotic law about spreading information on methods of suicide, but suicide itself is not illegal. Stop making things up.
>>
This reminds of a news story that a suicidal guy's neighbors (or relatives?) reported the police for help.
They send the SWAT team because he had a gun to kill himself with and SWAT ends up shooting him dead.

>be American
>commit suicide
>get shot
>>
File: kitty.gif (66 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
kitty.gif
66 KB, 350x300
>>53849470
How does this even work?
>>
>>53849312
It is if you manage to do it without assistance. Which realistically a lot of old people inflicted with a terminal disease can't.
That's where the injustice but at the same time the slippery slope lies.
>>
>>53849135
>hurr durr let's legalize suicide so all the morose working class poorfags kill themselves and leave the economy belly up
>>
>>53849562
>assisted suicide by cop
That's next-level.
>>
>>53849520
The indefinite imprisonment in mental health facility part is completely accurate.
>>
>>53849562
this?
http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-wasatch-front-/roy-officer-involved-shooting-leaves-one-man-dead
>>
>>53849697
Yup that's the one

Shit happens all the time too
>>
>>53849615
Pffft, try self-genocide by mass immigration. That's hardcore
>>
>>53849058

Only in cases where it is proven you'd only suffer by continuing your life.

One of my patients had colorectal cancer in the final stage, and she happily told me a room in Switzerland (where Euthanasia is legal) already is reserved for her. That is a healthy (well, not really) position towards death, one that I can get behind and one I endorse.
>>
>>53849562
i heard american guy saying here that the same thing happened, but the guy was with a KNIFE
also, this
http://filmingcops.com/young-boy-shot-to-death-by-cop-moments-after-sitting-down-to-watch-a-movie-in-his-home/
>>
>>53849058
What do you mean by legal? It used to be a crime in my state but not anymore. Assisted suicide is a crime though.
>>
>>53849854

>implying it's not the Jews doing it

That's assisted self-genocide.
>>
>>53849924
Touché
>>
What will they do if I kill myself? Arrest me?
>>
File: Traitor.gif (671 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Traitor.gif
671 KB, 200x200
>>53849058
Well suicide tends to be higher amongst white and asian males so why not make it legal? :^)
>>
>>53849917
Lol how can suicide be a crime? This shows how dumb Australians are for making such a law.
>>
>>53849854
Cheap shot tbhm8
>>
>>53850063
We got it from the Brits then abolished it
>>
>In India, suicide is illegal and a survivor could face a jail term of up to one year and a fine under Section 309 of the Indian Penal Code. The Government of India has announced in 2014 its decision to repeal the law.

It is also a crime in Malaysia, Singapore and North Korea. If successful in North Korea the family is punished.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation
>>
>>53849058
This way the cops can break into someone's house and stop them from killing themselves.
>>
>>53849058
We legalized assisted suicide for terminal patients. Government is dragging its balls on getting a system set up though.
>>
Suicide is illegal because it destroys government property
>>
>>53849058
Kill yourself and put on your suicide note "what you gonna do? Put me in jail?"
>>
File: 1434071451505.png (36 KB, 651x429) Image search: [Google]
1434071451505.png
36 KB, 651x429
>>53849609
> decriminalizing something will make everyone do it
>>
>>53849058
Who gives a fuck. You live in a country when you can stroll in a supermarket and buy a gun. Suicide is so fucking easy.
>>
>>53849615
this is actually a pretty common method of suicide in America, believe it or not.
>>
>>53851960
Honestly that's how I would do it. Too pussy to pull the trigger. Just run toward the police precinct with a machete and your golden.
>>
Death is the last hope;_;
>>
It is illegal so that the police can enter private property to stop someone from committing suicide. Also so that you can't like take out a life insurance plan then kill yourself to give that money to your family.
>>
>>53849697
Jesus fucking Christ listen to how the media talks

>threatening to kill himself
>negotiations failed
Theyère talking as if the cops arenèt completely incompetent.

I can understand if he had hostages or was tying up a major public area or something, but the dude was just hanging out in his garage.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.