[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you support Nuclear energy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
Do you support Nuclear energy?
>>
>>53845334
no
>>
Yes.
Just don't be retarded like the Japs and build it where nature will pretty damn sure destroy it.
>>
No.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/dec/03/uruguay-makes-dramatic-shift-to-nearly-95-clean-energy
>>
ITT: people who know nothing of energy grid demands
>>
>>53845440
But nuclear is clean
>>
I don't really support it, but I do think that it could be helpful to use during the transition phase to renewable energies. Quitting it altogether as quickly as Germany is doing now was a stupid decision in my opinion.
>>
>>53845490
it isn't, but it definitely beats coal
>>
Yes. Imagine what will happens with ozone layer if we're still used coal. Global warming,sun radiation.
>>
Yes.

People who aren't don't understand it.

t. someone who was once very against it
>>
>>53845334
no, but there's currently no good alternative.
>>
not for this cunt, theres too many earthquakes here

but aus for example can stick nuclear power plants in the middle of the desert with no worries for earthquakes
>>
>>53845526
It is clean. Nothing you can say changes that basic fact.
>>
>>53845605
basically this
and of course the powers that be are too lazy to find that better alternative. why bother?
>>
Rather rely on my hydros and invest in wind/solar desu
>>
>>53845695
I think he's also considering the produces nuclear waste, which isn't clean at all.
>>
>>53845605
There never will be. Nuclear (fusion more specifically) is the pinnacle of energy production in the known universe.
>>
>>53845695
there's no such thing as clean energy
but in the case of windmill/hydro powered generators, the waste doesn't give you instant cancer and mutations
>>
>>53845728
It's also not at all dangerous if you store it properly. You get more background radiation living near a coal plant than you do living near a nuclear plant.
>>
File: ITER.jpg (74 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
ITER.jpg
74 KB, 510x510
I am studying this thingie so yeah..
>>
>>53845747
Then don't go swimming in the waste you stupid fuck.
>>
>>53845728
produced*
fucking phone

>>53845732
We're talking about nuclear power, not fusion power.

>>53845776
The issue is you practically can't store it properly, the least bad thing you could do is send the waste out of earth. But then again it's legally impossible and if the spacecraft explodes in our atmosphere we're doomed.
>>
>>53845634
>mfw had a 4.0 magnitude earth quake 3 years ago in regional nsw
Would this kill the everything if there was a nuclear reactor?
>>
>>53845776
For how many years do I have to keep this radioactive containers underground though? Accidents can happen and I can't sincerely trust our government
>>
File: imageno.jpg (3 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
imageno.jpg
3 KB, 150x113
>>53845776
>You get more background radiation living near a coal plant than you do living near a nuclear plant
remind me again how you guys sent aircrafts to space... ah yeah, some jews made the math for you
>>53845814
>you stupid fuck
shilling hard are we
>>
>>53845832
There is still no denser practical power source than fission.

>The issue is you practically can't store it properly
Way to prove just how fucking uneducated you are.
>>
File: rickover.jpg (122 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
rickover.jpg
122 KB, 400x511
I do

Thank you based midget jew nuclear admiral man
>>
Under the right circumstances, yes. Nuclear is by far the best combination of economical + clean + safe for now.
>hurr muh accidents
The rate at which nuclear energy has killed people is far lower than the health issues associated with pollution from fossil fuels. Other renewables are a joke in terms of efficiency compared to nuclear, and in the case of solar, mining the minerals needed for solar panels almost nullifies the clean aspect of it.
>>
>>53845860
Depends on the material. Some will have to be stored for 10,000
>>
>>53845832
also just to clarify - i know that nuclear fusion technically is nuclear, but that's not what the popular term nuclear power generally stand for. If someone here is saying that he supports nuclear power because it technically also incorporates fusion power he's just a retarded troll.
>>
>>53845863
> I can't be bothered to read basic, widely known facts
Kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>53845863
>jews made the math for you

Maybe if you had some then your cunt might have amounted to something
>>
>>53845869
>There is still no denser practical power source than fission.
that's exactly why I wrote that there currently aren't any alternatives nigger.

>Way to prove just how fucking uneducated you are.
yes, that's why we don't have any problems with storing currently, isn't it. Fucking retard
>>
>>53845873
>Other renewables are a joke in terms of efficiency
yep, basically what the belgian is saying

>>53845910
yes, good goy, keep shilling
>>
Well our uranium stocks are limited and declining.
>>
>>53845863
You're about to feel really stupid.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/coal-ash-is-more-radioactive-than-nuclear-waste/
>>
Yes. It is not perfect, but it is the best known solution right now.
>>
>>53845334
No
It will just shrek itself and fuck everything
>>
>>53845934
There is literally ZERO technological barrier to safe storage. The problem is 100% based on people being cheap.
>>
>>53845891
That creates a huge problem in the long run then. Guess I still prefer renewable sources
>>
>>53845873
The lifetime energy produced by a solar panel vastly outweighs the energy required to produce it from scratch.
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
>>53845955
>scientificamerican
>not written by a jew who did the math for space rockets
is this one of those magazines that said that cow farts are bigger polluters than methane-spewing factories?
>>
>>53845334
Yes

>inb4 fukushima
>>
>>53845891
Except the vast majority of nuclear waste can already be recycled in reactor designs that already exist.
>>
Yes. Can't wait for fusion.
>>
>>53846008
Being "cheap" sadly is something you can't change that much, especially in our curent world economy. If money wasn't a problem and we would concentrate our society on scientific research we'd probably get at least the basics of fusion power right now, making nuclear power in one way or another irrelevant.

>>53846070
using jew pejoratively isn't an argument tbf m8
>>
>>53846070
It's not a magazine. It's a journal. Learn the difference faggot.
>>
File: images.png (55 KB, 673x501) Image search: [Google]
images.png
55 KB, 673x501
>>53846070
oops wrong image

>>53846157
see image

>>53846135
>pejoratively
hey, jews are amazing. my country doesn't have enough of them so we can't into space and monies
>>
>>53845334
no
>>
>>53846203
We give you money for Itaipu though
>>
>>53845334
Of course, how else can I produce depleted uranium without people raising eyebrows?
t. totally not creating nuclear weapons
>>
>>53846203
>my country doesn't have enough of them so we can't into space and monies

pretty much
>>
>>53846248
Kek, why does Canada need nuclear weapons for?

To annex Greenland?
>>
>>53846244
don't make me argue about those royalties again...
speaking of how hydropower is not enough, i've heard Sao Paulo was about to built 2 more dams, did they built them in the end?
>>
>>53846248
You forgot your proxy on, chubek
>>
>tfw country has largest uranium reserves in the world but everyone is so retarded we just stick with coal.

Honestly if it wasnt for the fucking anti-nuclear idiots we wouldnt have so many problems with nuclear power. They block the construction of new generation 3 or 4 reactors and we get stuck with the old inefficient ones built back in the 1950s-60s. then they are fucking like

>HUE HUE MUH NUCLEAR ENERGY IS UNSAFE AND INEFFICIENT
>>
>>53845832
>We're talking about nuclear power, not fusion power.
Holy shit you're retarded.
>The issue is you practically can't store it properly,
We can, and are, I bet your dumbass self didn't know that """"waste""" is processed and refused as fuel leaving only a tiny percentage of waste (<3% and possibly lower) that's easy to store.
Retards like you are the reason why the world is shit.
>>
>>53846319
What's wrong with it. Also, I think those are water storages to avoid literal droughts that affected the southeast in these past years, they're not mentioned to be used for energy production
>>
>>53846401
>Holy shit you're retarded.
see >>53845892 you fucking faggot, I knew some of you aspies would start arguing about that.

>We can, and are, I bet your dumbass self didn't know that """"waste""" is processed and refused as fuel leaving only a tiny percentage of waste (<3% and possibly lower) that's easy to store.
Yes, and those "under 3%" are the main issue. You faggots always come like it's nothing at all when in fact it's a huge problem you can't ignore just because it's a """small""" percentage while the rest gets recycled.

>Retards like you are the reason why the world is shit.
I honestly feel like you're talking to a mirror. Luckily I'm going to bed, so you don't need to respond with your autistic shit.
>>
>>53846497
ah my bad. i heard somewhere the power received wasn't enough for the whole SP/RJ grid so they were going to build more hydroelectrical dams upriver
>>
>>53846615
That could be true though, but I don't recall hearing about those. What I know is that a new hydro was going to be built in Pará, but that is old news already
>>
>>53845796
What is that "thingie"
>>
>>53847574
ITER: International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor
D + T ---> He (3.5 MeV) + n (14 MeV)
n + Li ---> He + T

Greatest experiment in human history (so far), ITER is supposed to fix 2 major problems in the world: global warming (by humanity no longer using oil) and energy crisis (we use more and more oil, our most productive oil wells are getting dry).

By creating a "star in a lab" using superconductive materials, strong magnetic fields, at 200.000.000 °C temperature, and millions of amperes of electricity, we could use the formula above, fuse these 2 elements, and get the plasma we need.
With this plasma, all of our energy needs would be solved, for quite some time.
>>
>>53846551
>Yes, and those "under 3%" are the main issue.
It's not an issue because it's so eaasy to store you uneducated turd.
Go for in your sleep you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>53848329
>for
die*
>>
>>53848134
Usually when they talk about supporting nuclear energy they're actually talking of energy produced from fission; everyone is going to support that "thingie" if it will ever be ready, but for now we need to decide if we have to make more traditional nuclear reactors, which have a lot of problems.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>53845334
Yes, but it definitely is not a permanent solution.
>>
>>53848428
Burning jews in the oven however is a permanent solution, but not for this problem.
>>
>>53848400
>which have a lot of problems.
Stop posting
>>
>>53848602
YOU should stop posting, the waste is the greatest problem no matter how much you deny it
>>
File: images.jpg (36 KB, 546x297) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
36 KB, 546x297
>>53848602
>>
>>53848676
It's a non-problem, anyone with any knowledge on nuclear energy knows this.
>>53848807
Fucking retarded 3rd world tier poster just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>53848602
>>53848676
eh, there is a slight possibility we manage to do solar power, but correctly, from space

>farming solar in space neutralizes ozone layer problem (which blocks 2/3 of the energy)
>solves problem of day/night cycles, which further reduce energy to 1/2
>solved desert area problem (sand blocks ton of sun
>solves water area problem (water vapor/clouds ruin solar)

If the optics/laser physics and engineering gets good enough, we should be able to 'beam' energy from space to Earth. Nuclear energy isnt as bad as most people think ever since Monte Carlo computers are a thing, but still a risk is a risk, and waste is a waste.

If "rare earths" (which are not even rare in space, if asteroid mining ever becomes a thing) we might actually be able to live just by solar.

t. passed a tiny bit of courses/semesters/exams about stuff that could be related to this a little bit
>>
SKYKING DO NOT RESPOND
SKYKING DO NOT RESPOND
SKYKING DO NOT RESPOND
SKYKING DO NOT RESPOND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2a30--j37Q
>>
>>53845334

No. Not due to nuclear energy itself, but the human factor.

Sometime somewhere someone will find a way to fuck it up.
>>
Daily reminder that conventional nuclear energy isn't "economical" at all. The cost of safety mechanisms and the unsolved long-term waste storage problem make it one of the most expensive ways to produce energy. In every country that has it it's always a political project that can only work thanks to massive subventions from the government or allied nations.
>>
>>53848933
'no'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_method
nuclear reactors are 'simple' enough for a computer to control them flawlessly, back in the day computers worked on magnetic tapes and bullshit like that
today's computers are like literal spaceships in comparison to cold war era computers
>>
>>53845334
Until fusion reactors have matured I am 100% in favor.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 206x245
>>53848871
you seem incredibly mad for someone not invested in the issue
>>
>>53848998
eh, you can encase the waste in metals, encase metals in a cement block, and just dump it on the bottom of the ocean somewhere
we are talking depths where life doesnt even exists

while not perfectly ideal, its not like one megawatt-hour creates some sort of infinite waste, making it practically safe
>>
>>53849041

Well, you probably know better about it than I, but this was not limited to the people operating it. Fukushima was kill for a multitude of human fuckups, wasn't it?
>>
>>53849126
>we are talking depths where life doesnt even exists
Are you a troll?
>>
File: Anglerfish-1.jpg (17 KB, 461x308) Image search: [Google]
Anglerfish-1.jpg
17 KB, 461x308
>>53849157
>this horror and some sponge-like bullshit
>life

cthulu pls
it is perfectly practical and safe to encase waste in heavy metals and encase the metal block into cement, and then dump it all into ocean
there's absolutely no way for this to bite us in the ass later

all in all we are talking about a problem that's literally out of our lifetime, and on top of everything producing megawatt-hours with nuke doesnt create insane amounts of waste

if superconductivity is researched, we might be able to use energy much, much more efficiently, basically we would need a lot less energy, so the waste isnt extreme issue
>>
>>53849446
>fuck up the planet for literally the next million years
>lel why should we care? it's out of our lifetime so it's not our problem anymore
I guess this attitude is why Serbia is a shithole.
>>
>>53849112
I am invested in it, this country is full of retard against nuclear so it affects me directly.
>>
>>53849446
this. good man.

attention everybody i am an ACTUAL nuclear worker

ask me anything you would want to know about radiation and nuclear plants and power.
>>
>>53849602
how much do they pay to for shilling it?
i hope you're not,
you know,
doing this
FOR FREE?

>>53849673
are you him >>53849602 but turned your extra flags script only now?
how long have you been working on the plant?
>>
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
>>
>>53849673
>attention everybody i am an ACTUAL nuclear shill
How does it feel like to not only destroy the planet for generations to come by climate change but also be responsible for the mutant wars that will follow in the next centuries?
>>
>>53845334
It would be perfect for a country like mine actually.
>vast remote desert to build it in
>radioactive material would reach civilisation
>>
>>53849739
he doesn't tho
don't confuse blue collars with the bastards that make the politics
>>
Nuclear is the best reliable power generation option after hydro.
>>
>>53849739
>muh destroying the planet
alpha and beta radiation is found in... fucking plants and shit

google chernobyl, doesnt look like a stalker rpg, it looks like a green paradise with ton of plants everywhere, an eco-terrorist paradise

there are a lot of types of radiations, and radiation from nuclear waste that's encased in heavy metals and then encased into cement and then dumped into ocean, ITS NOT DANGEROUS
fucking hell where did you even study this topic??
>>
>>53849760
*would not reach civilisation
Whoops
>>
>>53845334
Too expensive to build a heap of new plants, solar is already at cost parity for most of australia in regards to new builds. The HD DVD of power sources
>>
File: sad_man.jpg (20 KB, 449x299) Image search: [Google]
sad_man.jpg
20 KB, 449x299
No, I just don't think that I can.
I went to Fukushima as a volunteer and I got to see what it did to those people. It just isn't and never was worth it. Seeing all the bad that it did first-hand, I just can't fully advocate it in good conscience.

MAYBE if it's out in the middle of nowhere where nothing can fuck it up, but Chernobyl was in the middle of nowhere itself, and that didn't stop disaster from striking. There is just too much at stake if something goes wrong.
>>
>>53849825
The waste will not stay contained for tenthousands or MILLIONS of years like it needs to be to become harmless.
>>
>>53849760
I heard nuclear is ideal near the bodies of water, like the sea.
>>
>>53849987
If so there's plenty of remote coastal areas here as well
>>
>>53849987
it's so they can pump fresh water to cool the reactors, i recall
which is why Fukushima died, the earthquake didn't afffect the reactor itself but the cooling system to the side of it
>>
>>53849979
your average hospital is full of radiation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_medicine
basically half of hospital equipment contains nuclear materials, which are used, on humans

you clearly do not understand alpha, beta and gamma waves, or radiation, or what's harmful, or what's not even a problem
just relax, there are people with actual knowledge about this subject, and there are also mushroom that can mop up radiation (radiation we are talking about, small, useless, harmless one)
yeah, literal mushrooms, they grow super large and absorb it almost completely

there's nothing to fearmonger about, nuke megawatt-hours waste, encased in heavy metal blocks, encased in cement blocks, on the bottom of the oceans, are HARMLESS
I swear my dog would understand this by now
>>
>>53850110

>basically half of hospital equipment contains nuclear materials, which are used, on humans

I'll ask one of the cancer patients I drive around if they like that treatment next time.
>>
>>53849979
oh and I forgot to add to this >>53850110
there are consumer electronics in wide sales and also even food[!!!] that are "radioactive"
radio is radioactive if you want to be anal about it

what you have to understand is, there's alpha, beta and gamma waves, there's dosage, there's ionization, there's electron absorption/capture, there's beta decay.........

there's 'stuff' and 'science', and there are people who worry about this shit, and you dont have to fearmonger or start an misguided eco-terrorism crusade against a non-threat

just stick to what ever you are educated and trained in and give that to the world, and let everyone else do the same
>>
>>53850110
and they are closely monitored to ensure theat nobody gets exposed to more radiation than absoolutely necessary.
You think radiation from medical equipment is totally harmless?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident
>>
>>53850160
>cancer patients
no, it is used literally on everyone

pro tip, ask a doctor to cover your balls when you are doing a whole body scan
you might want to cover your balls, while harmless, radiation of any kind should be kept away from your balls, ESPECIALLY if you plan on having children

no for real go full sperg about it and ask for medical staff to cover your testicles in case of scans of any sort
>>
>>53850285

I'm sitting here and contemplate about how I could have forgotten something so trivial as X-Ray when I worked with it every day for three months.

Might get myself checked for Alzheimers.
>>
>>53850160
.. but they're the ones that get more radiated, radiotherapy kills the cancer cells (and sometimes everything that is nearby, so it's used carefuly)
>>
Yes, specially here in Brazil
>>
File: TsarBombaMushroomCloud.jpg (22 KB, 713x546) Image search: [Google]
TsarBombaMushroomCloud.jpg
22 KB, 713x546
>There will never be another Tsar Bomba...

;_;
>>
File: 1449696473082.png (163 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
1449696473082.png
163 KB, 299x299
>>53850495
>I will never see Japan being A-bombed again
>>
>>53849977
Was anyone harmed in Fukushima?
>>
>>53849709
i don't work at a plant. i work at a facility which manufactures linear accelerators. for r&d we also require small reactors. we dont actually generate consumer energy.

i have visited plants and reactors and linacs in russia, korea, idaho, and michigan though.

>>53849739
nuclear is far safer than any energy method humans have come up with. with the proper precautions and all regulations followed, you will literally have 0 deaths.
it creates ridiculous amounts of power, the only downside being that it uses a lot of water, it's loud, and you generate a spoonful of waste every couple months.
>>
>>53850682
also, no, nobody was harmed as a direct result of fukushima.
>>
>>53850810
>nuclear is far safer than any energy method humans have come up with.
Not true.
>>
File: DeathsperTW.jpg (26 KB, 615x271) Image search: [Google]
DeathsperTW.jpg
26 KB, 615x271
>>53850905
what's safer
>>
>>53850682
more people died because of the tsunami than because of the plant accident
this was no Chernobyl. as soon as the alarms sound in the plant everyone in the surroundings got evacuated, except the people that were trying to cool off the reactors. they're the long-term victims and will die eventually in the next 20-30 years. i googled it and it was like 300 or more of them
>>
>>53850945
>solar
>deaths
Come on.
>>
>>53850986
Heat stroke.
>>
>>53850986
you will laugh but the amount of deaths from solar is primarily due to falling from the roof during installation of solar panels.

also sometimes desert stuff.
>>
Those large solar plants become quite literally ovens so accidents happen.
>>
>>53851018
What? I hope random deaths inside of nuclear powerplants are counted too.

>>53851038
That's hardly a direct cause of solar energy. Do you also count the hundreds of deaths that happened during the evacuations in Chernobyl and Fukushima?
>>
>>53845334
yes

"green energy" is often not really green, usually hugely expensive and consuming of land.
it's often unable to meet demands, and will be increasingly unable to meet them because new technology in solar/wind/hydro will be outpaced by population growth and industrial needs
it's STILL limited in where you can place it, and when it can operate

pro's of nuclear:
massive energy output potential
less mining required than coal
all the pollution is the responsibility of the operator
currently can be placed just about anywhere that is safe
nuclear technology is still in it's infancy, and there is much room for development

cons:
dangerous if your government is corrupt and negligent
liberals get mad
>>
>>53851112
>all the pollution is the responsibility of the operator
>just dump it into the ocean, man!
>>
>>53851038
I actually have a friend who fell off a roof while installing a panel. Fucking retard.
>>
>>53851111
it is a direct cause. if they were not installing solar panels they would not be on the roof and they would not fall. and "hundreads of deaths" did not occur during the evacuations lol.

>>53851139
honestly one of the best ideas is to seal it up nice and tight and then leave it on the ocean floor. nothing will get in it, it'll be surrounded by supercooled water and be undisturbed for thousands of years. no memes.

>>53851174
lmao. he get hurt? was it bad?
>>
>>53849709
Holy shit you're retarded, just stop posting.
>>53849825
>fucking hell where did you even study this topic??
They don't, that's why they're fucking idiots.
>>
>>53851174
kek, worker's harness is a bitch to put on, hard hat makes everything above your head invisible, and rubber boots are known to fail from time to time

I am glad I am a student now and dont have to work as electronic technician, I feel like nobody cares about them, they die a lot and nobody seems to notice..
>>
>>53851228
>According to a 2012 Yomiuri Shimbun survey, 573 deaths have been certified as "disaster-related" by 13 municipalities affected by the Fukushima nuclear disaster. These municipalities are in the no-entry, emergency evacuation preparation or expanded evacuation zones around the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.
There is no material that can withstand the pressure, the heat and the radiation of nuclear waste for thousands or in some cases millions of years.
>>
>on 20+ meters, hard hat doesnt even do anything for you in terms of safety
>blocks your whole vision
>is there just to stop falling hard objects from hitting your head
>but there are no falling objects on most if not all jobs

>>>everyone blames poor electronic technicians
might as well force blinders on the poor people
they must either work in a diesel plants and taste the benzine in their mouth and lungs for a long time, or they must climb heights without seeing anything above, with just one belt and rubber shoes (need hands for other things)

someone needs to start a public awareness...
>>
>>53851228
>lmao. he get hurt? was it bad?
Only scrapes and bruises. He's a fuck up though and had no business being in instillation. Afterwards he was given a desk job and then asked to quit because he was shit at sales.
>>
>>53851349
yeah there is such a material, its called a mountain or a hill
japs put their reactor in a tsunami/earthquake area, so that's their fault

hills and mountains are ideal places for a nuclear reactor, but copper-zinc alloy has electric resistance, and that's what is used to transfer electric energy, so you are wasting energy if its far away from the city

nothing in life is perfect...
>>
>>53851349
>There is no material that can withstand the pressure, the heat and the radiation of nuclear waste for thousands or in some cases millions of years.
>pressure
what
>heat
what
>radiation
Do you even know how radiation works?
Do you even understand the basic dynamics of a fission reaction lmao
>>
>>53851433
>hills and mountains are ideal places for a nuclear reactor
>no large bodies of water for cooling
>danger of landslides
>danger of avalanches if we are talking about real mountains
>danger of floods
>in some places danger of earthquakes
>isolated from the outside world so disaster relief is more difficult
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source
>wind costs the same
I guess not. I admit they look ugly, but the current method of nucelar waste disposal sounds too retarded.
>>
>>53851228
i'd really prefer they'd bury it before just dumping it and the crate gets open. plus sea salt corrodes the best of cement not to mention metal
here's the thing tho: we all agree that there's no such thing as "clean energy"
put a hydroelectrical dam: surroundings get flooded, you're subject to the pressure of the river/sea, if it rains, if there's draught and it doesn't payback the energy that it took to open it
put a nuclear plant: everything works perfectly until that fateful day when atomic reactions finally get loose
there's no win/win situation
>>
>>53851547
lmao wind is one of the most dangerous energies
it fucks up the soil, scares away natural life (seriously birds are super freaked out) and now the important bit, wind turbines are never placed 100% how they theoretically should, they have these oscillations which cause micro-earthquakes
this destroys the soil but can also causes earthquakes

should be among first hits on google

>>53851538
its textbook nuclear reactor placement, surely academia knows better than anon on 4chan
also your whole greentext is addressed, you can read up on it

and excess heat is used below the roads, to melt the snow, or to heat towns and so on, if you are talking about emergency cooling there is a fake lake that is being created nearby
>>
>>53851515
>what
What do you think is the water pressure on the ocean floor?
>what
pic related
>Do you even understand how radiation works?
Yes, do you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_damage
>>
>>53845334
Of course. There is no more effective, safer or cleaner way to produce energy.
>muh recycling of nuclear waste
>muh generation IV reactors

>>53851112
>liberals get mad isn´t pro
>>
>>53851733
>37c
>ionizing radiation

wew lad I literally died 9 times while watching that picture
such danger, oh look I just died again
not all radiation is harmful

also did you know that there are quasars out there in the universe, that can basically destroy our entire galaxy, in a blink of an eye, at literally any moment
THAT is the dangerous kind of radiation
>>
>>53845334
Yes. We already have 3 Nuclear Plants (2 of which are considered the largest in the world). If history is anything to go by we seem to be one of the few countries that knows what the fuck were doing.
>>
>>53851868
>THAT is the dangerous kind of radiation
you don't even need to go that far
ultraviolet rays from the sun got less and less filtered since the 40s
but yeah, "ozone layer hole" is a dead fad nowadays..
>>
>>53851733
>hydrostatic pressure even at ten kilomiters is enough to damage concrete

>36°C
>It's like fucking lava!
>>
>>53851688
>wind turbines cause earthquakes
The only source I can find on this one is a liberal-hating "science website" on which the author compares windturbines to hoovercrafts because "are propelled by a giant fan".
>>
Yes absolutely. However there are a lot of old plants that should be replaced/decommissioned and plenty of areas they should not be built.

Modern breeder reactors would solve our energy problems easy and future mass savings on power would also easily outweigh the cost of proper waste removal.
>>
File: quasar_by_tadp0l3-d3i5axl.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
quasar_by_tadp0l3-d3i5axl.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>53851890
monte carlo computation is making all nuclear energy safe

>>53851949
>ozone layer hole
kek, we are first protected by our planet's magnetic field, and even than we have solar winds that protect us....

we are all pretty much turbo rekt in case of quasar emmision, those things have schwarzschild's radius of practically infinite when it comes to the solar winds of our sun, there's no protection
>>
>>53851949

I have lobster legs because of it lmao

>>53852083

Yes a quasar would truly shred our solar system
>>
>>53852083
>we have solar winds that protect us
huh? aren't those winds trying to kill us instead? and yeah almost all of it gets repelled by the magnetosphere
but much more people died from skin cancer than from a quasar blast, statistically ;-D
so yeah no need to exaggerate
>>
>>53850682
>>53850838
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/03/13/in-fukushima-aftermath-suicides-soar/

Lots of suicides, lots of lost money. Dairy cows had to be slaughtered, and there was a ban on produce coming from the area. People are displaced to this day. If you lived in Fukushima, especially as a farmer, the power plant fucked you and just because it didn't kill anyone itself doesn't mean it didn't do any damage.
>"One man I know went back to check his house,” a woman told CNN last year. “When he didn’t return his family went to find him. His car was parked outside. He had hanged himself. I think he’d given up, he couldn’t see any future.”

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/06/14/japan.farmer.disaster/
>"Wish there was no nuclear power plant. My endurance has come to an end," the note says. The farmer, in his 50s, then killed himself on the land he struggled to maintain since Japan's tsunami and nuclear crisis began.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/feb/24/divorce-after-fukushima-nuclear-disaster
>Last year, prominent anti-nuclear activist Hobun Ikeya, the head of the Ecosystem Conservation Society of Japan, said at a public meeting: "People from Fukushima should not marry because the deformity rate of their babies will skyrocket."

The cost and the loss is just too much for me to personally rally behind nuclear energy 100%.
>>
>>53845334
Only Fusion, not Fission.
>>
>>53851966
anyway, the point is radiation is not as harmful as you think
the light coming out of your monitor, is radiation, electromagnetic radiation to be precise (not exactly alpha, beta, or gama, or ionizing radiation) but radiation none the less

materials used in therapeutic and industrial purposes are not 'civilization destroying planet ending humanity killers'
damn eco terrorists are luddites of today....
>>
>>53845747
They bury that shit so far underground there isn't much of a risk at all.
>>
>>53845334
Yes, we've learned a lot from Fukushima, Chernobyl, and three mile island. It's pretty safe and efficient if you don't try to do retarded shit with it.
>>
>>53852221
burying stuff is hard work
they encase it in heavy metal blocks, then in cement blocks, then dump it in the oceans
>>
File: images.png (8 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8 KB, 211x239
>>53852221
well not to be contrarian or anything but this
>>53851112
>dangerous if your government is corrupt and negligent
is why i don't believe they bury it underground enough
>>
It's bretty good

Most people also seem unaware of the great progress that's been made in recent years in regards to storing/reducing nuclear waste. The French especially are really good at Nuclear energy.
>>
File: 6.1.1.2[1].jpg (193 KB, 887x425) Image search: [Google]
6.1.1.2[1].jpg
193 KB, 887x425
>>53852221
>They bury that shit so far underground there isn't much of a risk at all.
Do you know what tectonics are?
>>
Bury it on the downward-heading side?? Are you intentionally being obtuse?
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>53852299
STOP WITH THE 'DUMP IN OCEAN' SUGGESTION GODDAMN IT
>>
>>53852241

As well as that, Chernobyl was caused my politicians and Fukushima (even ignoring location) should have been decommissioned over a decade ago.
>>
>>53852365

Do you think they bury it on fault lines?

Lmao
>>
>>53851688
>surely academia knows better than anon on 4chan
You're on /pol/-lite, where people try to deny objective scientific facts.
>>
>>53852394
You can't predict the movement of rock for millions of years to ensure it will never surface again also there is the possibility of groundwater contamination like over here in Germany.
>>
File: 1453144036588.jpg (25 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1453144036588.jpg
25 KB, 612x612
>tfw everyone is asking where to dump it all
>tfw nobody realizes that the US made some significant strides in fusion reactors lately
>tfw nobody realizes we're inching towards limitless energy, which may happen during our lifetimes
>>
>>53852566
>meme technology laser fusion
>significant
If you were talking about ITER or Wendelstein you might have a point.
>>
>>53852566
I literally explained it how it works, check >>53845796 >>53848134

one is supposed to be built by usa and one by european union, however whole thing is still theoretical, superconductivity is still recent, we must understand more about it

but yeah its pretty crazy, infinite energy actually being a thing, who could have imagine seeing it outside of movies
>>
>>53852613
what do you mean by wendelstein? that german magnet plasma thingie? best commercial magnets are less than 40T, wendelstein simply can not generate electricity for consumption, that's for science, that cant provide electric power for use
>>
Nuclear energy is great but needs a lot of improvement before it becomes mainstream. Its clean and it is efficient but it has a stigma mainly do to Chernobyl and Fukushima but Chernobyl was soviets being retarded and not caring while Fukushima was a case of being retarded too because they build it on islands that are fond of natural disasters.
Nothing like Chernobyl will happen again, they got that safety shit locked down and Chernobyl was caused because they turned off all the safety features in order to run tests and it blew like a computer processor that was overclocked too much.

The main problem with nuclear energy is cost and nuclear waste. The plants cost a fucking ton of money but they actually have a life span, a powerplant is not forever it needs to be decommissioned and carefully dismantled after a couple of years which costs more money.
The biggest problem with nuclear energy is the waste, you can't get rid of it or reuse it though there talks of it being used for batteries that never run out but so far we just bury it, store in ware houses or illegally dump it.

If they can sort out the plants and the waste than not using nuclear power is retarded.
>>
>>53852566
We already have what's virtually limitless energy with no practical drawback. Thorium reactors can't melt down and can't be used to make bombs. The element thorium is everywhere, too. But an infinite resource cripples the concept of a profitable economy with how the energy sector has organized itself -- so it remains indefinitely in experimental limbo, and has been in such a state for the last half century.
>>
>>53852624
Will it be allowed? Infinite energy is great but making oil irrelevant will cause a lot of trouble economically.
Our whole world is built around oil.

Though on the plus the middle east will become irrelevant.
>>
>>53852402
It's the best solution

Jesus Christ if you don't have at least a basic introductory college class level of understanding just stop fucking posting.
>>53852416
>As well as that, Chernobyl was caused my politicians
No it was caused by a badly planned training exercise.
>>53852757
Waste is easy to take care of.
>>
>>53850986
Most of the deaths are from the manufacturing as the panels themselves can be deadly to make due to the materials being used
>>
>>53852791
well I dont know about politics
my colleagues almost never talk about politics, most people are pretty apolitical when it comes to that, and are content to just do their thing who ever is calling the shots

not just in serbia, I was invited a few times to france and netherlands were there were a bunch of people, mostly students but also academia and industrial researchers, and politics arent very much discussed
basically all sides want/need scientists so who ever wins, scientists continue to get that food, shelter, and 6 digits starting
>>
>>53852723
The american approach is useless for commercial energy production. They actually use it to test weapons and electronics for the effects of nuclear explosions.
>>
>>53852831
Dumping it, burying it or locking it is is not easy to take care of. It needs to be re used or rid of completely.
Rev up those rockets and blast it into space.
>>
>>53852831
>Chernobyl
AFAIK it was caused because the decision to evacuate Pripyat was taken too late

>>53852831
>Jesus Christ if you don't have at least a basic introductory college class level of understanding just stop fucking posting.
fuck you i won't do what you tell me
>>
>>53852831
>Waste is easy to take care of.
So why is nobody able to do it properly?
>>
>>53852859
blasting nuclear waste into space is a first thing that comes to mind, but this is practically impossible

1) missile tech is bad, fails often, imagine the disaster of nuclear waste being released into atmosphere
2) political problems, launching nuclear anything into space is like cold war all over again, everyone gets suspicious he will be nuked

and so encasing it in heavy metal block, and then encasing that in cement block, and then dumping it into ocean is the only solution
>>
>>53852930
Or we could dump it in the middle east.
>>
>>53852930
i thought you were pro burying/leaving in a sealed cave
the problem is that no matter how little the waste is, it will pile up, won't it
>>
>>53852831

A training exercise that was being pushed by the local party reps despite the engineers saying it is not safe and they need more time and preparation.
>>
>>53852930
>1) missile tech is bad, fails often, imagine the disaster of nuclear waste being released into atmosphere
I thought the waste is harmless. Are you contradicting yourself?
>>
>>53852859
We already do reuse it and then we store deep in the ocean.
>>53852864
Fuck off and go be uneducated somewhere else.
>>53852885
We, it's been posted multiple times how waste is handled.
>>
>>53852980

Harmless when dealt with properly and safely you moron.

Moving gas is safe enough unless you decide to chuck it around and smoke in the area
>>
>>53852613
Any progress is still progress, even if it is laser fusion.

>>53852624
Very exciting for you isn't it? Contributing to possibly infinite energy, just think of that!
>>
>>53853011
>Gas power goes wrong
>Building burns down

>Nuclear power goes wrong
>Area uninhabitable for 20,000 years
>>
>>53853011
He said on multiple occaisons that the radiation itself is harmless because we use medical equipment in hospitals. He is in every nuclear energy related thread and always has crude theories that aren't proven.
>>
>>53853097
B-but my deaths/TWh
>>
>>53853006
>it's been posted multiple times how waste is handled
>'we make it sleep with the fishes'
garbage will always be a problem no matter what you do with it
btw "limitless energy" sounds cool but is there anything limitless in the universe?
>>
we should just learn how to harvest the energy from atomic explosions твн

dropping radioactive rods in water is retarded
>>
>>53853111
Reading through this thread, the Serb seems to have studied nuclear power and radioactivity. Just curious, what is your experience with radiation and nuclear power?
>>
>>53853177
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pulse_propulsion
:DD
>>
>>53853111

I thought he said "less harmful than you believe"?

I'm not gonna go back and read the thread but if he said "harmless" then you are right in saying that.

>>53853097

Good thing t bh

Chernobyl is like a wildlife sanctuary now and one of the only places in the world still with healthy wolf populations. Lots of animals are migrating there. Birth defects in local populations are 4-6% up from a natural 2-3%. Their bones are irradiated but they're in excellent health.

Have a read up on it, its a key point in current radiology research. No one argues that a high immediate exposure is very harmful, but the long term effects of slightly increased background and general contamination really aren't known yet.
>>
>>53853207
So he claims, without any proof.
>>
File: nuclear disaster.png (1 MB, 1364x492) Image search: [Google]
nuclear disaster.png
1 MB, 1364x492
>>53853097
>uninhabitable

bazillion hours in paint, for your entertainment

>>53853088
i honestly just masturbate and play videogames. there are far more serious people working on this, I just cant focus... one day I pick vaccines, next day quasars, next day condensed matter physics, next day plasma, next day NOR gates and electronics, next day computers, next day cosmology
I cant focus, its a miracle I passed any exams
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 200x200
>>53853230
5/5 :------DD
>>
>>53853284
forgot to add, actual footage of chernobyl is on the right, I know some anti nuclear people might confuse the two
>>
>>53853238
>(radiation we are talking about, small, useless, harmless one)
>there's nothing to fearmonger about, nuke megawatt-hours waste, encased in heavy metal blocks, encased in cement blocks, on the bottom of the oceans, are HARMLESS
>while harmless, radiation of any kind
He said it three times in this thread alone and I won't read the whole thing again to look for diffferent wording.
>>
>>53853097
>Building burns down
Try "explosion takes out multiple blocks and releases toxins and carcinogens into the air"
>>53853148
There's nothing wrong with storing it in the ocean.
>>53853250
What's your experience with nuclear chemistry and/or physics?
>>
>>53853250
You didn't answer his question fuckface
>>
>>53853366
Last I checked powerplants are usually built a good way away from residential areas
>>
>>53853284
Its still not safe to live, the animals and plants returned but they are heavily radiated. Chernobly won't be safe for humans to live in for years to come, even visting there for a little while is dangerous.

Although Chernobly is no reason to be anti nuclear power. Soviets were careless and retarded and it was back in the cold war, modern nuclear power has no chance for an disaster like Chernobly.
>>
>>53853389
One of the worst disasters in this state literally happened because a power plant powered by fossile fuels blew blew up and took out a whole neighborhood, including an elementary school.
>>
>>53853366
>toxins and carcinogens into the air
lol whut
and then you're the 'chemistry/physics expert'

>There's nothing wrong with storing it in the ocean
i don't really have experience with the ocean but AFAIK the seasalt corrodes everything
yet y'all confident that encasing the waste in metal/cement coffin will solve the problem
not to mention corrupt corporations that don't encase it properly... well actually yes, let's make that a main concern, i do not trust any waste processing company
>>
>>53853353

First comment is not correct but MOST is safe with regard to nuclear power, second is true. Added to that, the more support and investment there is, the better the locations and storage can be.
>>
>>53853366
I studied chemistry but don't have a degree. I also had an advanced physics course in HS that was pretty cool. We visited a particle accelerator in Hamburg where our teacher worked in the 80s.
>>
>>53853441
>lol whut
>and then you're the 'chemistry/physics expert'
You're fucking retarded if you don't know that they use processing chemicals in power plants.
>i don't really have experience with the ocean
Then shut the fuck
>not to mention corrupt corporations that don't encase it properly... well actually yes, let's make that a main concern, i do not trust any waste processing company
Paranoid fuck
>>
>>53853427
well..

you see, the reason cockroaches can survive in radiation is, their cells divide much less often than in humans
radiation harms us while our cells are dividing, which happens all the time in humans
when cells are dividing (old cells die, new cells continue to be us), the cell is most exposed
while exposed like this, radiation, even tho its not ionizing, can harm us, or at least dna
if dna is harmed, you end up with horrific mutations
and if your ballsack is irradiated, well, you are fucked, there's no better explanation

but there is still hope, it might be possible to remove radiation enough to be again harmless for humans
its not nanomachines like movies and videogames like to put it, it might actually be mushrooms and their spores

all in all, humans have insane survival capabilities, there's nothing humans cant solve
(except >>53852083, in case of quasars we are utterly fucked)
>>
>>53853531
I know Cockroaches are pretty fucking fascinating creatures. They are being used to model some robots because they can move over uneven surfaces really fast without falling over.
>>
>>53853427
and and in the case of Fukushima the eartquake/tsunami didn't destroy any reactor but the cooling systems. it was Three Miles Island-tier in comparison to Chernobyl

>>53853522
shill

>>53853531
btw nobody mentioned Hiroshima a single time in this thread when talking about direct exposure to radiation and its effects. why?
>>
>>53853576
speaking of fascinating creatures:

fleas endure 10+ g force when they jump around, and physicists are studying fleas for this
rats are some of the most insane survival creatures, we like to imagine our blue planet as a nice place... but 95% of all life that ever lived on earth, went extinct
there were 5 near extinct events, one is the famous meteor hit, causing ash and dust to block out the sun.... well in these conditions, it was rats that preserved life
"mammals", all of us, actually are still alive thanks to a rat-like creature, it preserved life when everything else died

and finally human bones, they are "stronger" than steel, they can endure more force before breaking, human bones bend and twist and auto repair while a steel bar would snap under the same force

isnt science something, huh?
>>
>>53853632
>shill
Here's your (you)
Retards who think their opinions are worth anything when they don't have any credentials, or are backed by those with credentials, should be gassed.
>>
>>53853664
>>
>>53846157
no it's a pop sci magazine
>>
File: image1.gif (61 KB, 1130x811) Image search: [Google]
image1.gif
61 KB, 1130x811
>>53853441
>I don't have experience with the ocean

If you want to know why people want to bury nuclear waste in the sea it's not just because it "away from us". Radiation is just energy, don't think of it as food dye. Instead think of the sea as a lead block. Your doctor covers your dick with a lead plate when you get an xray which just diffuses the energy and reduces its intensity. This is exactly what the sea does, except it takes a couple of meters.

In other words would you think it to be safe to stick your head over the top of pic related?
>>
>>53853663
Life is pretty weird, watching the documentary life at the minute after spending two hour watching documentaries about ants(another cool incest).
Life tries so hard to survive, makes me wonder why does it bother.
>>
>>53853664
well some of the greatest minds never had formal education.. for example newton was only interested in alchemy, he did physics for only 5 years and then returned to alchemy

you should hear everyone out
>>
>>53853723
(you)
>>53853758
They created their own credentials by proving themselves to the scientific community.
>>
File: 129012745173s.png (19 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
129012745173s.png
19 KB, 125x124
>>53853737
.... my doctor never covered my dick with lead sheet. he just would point the machine upwards...
and i sort of get it now, thanks. it's the same with cosmic rays and the athmosphere
>>
>>53853756
I find it weird how people think Earth is some sort of a paradise in the universe, how our planet is safe. Meanwhile Earth periodically wipes out 99.9% of all life from its surface, and this has happened so many time to so many living things, its insane.

We know of 5 or 6 near extinction events, where our planet basically just almost deleted life. That Lovecraft guy, he was onto something. His novels are about universe being a horror movie rather than a comedy.
>>
>>53853843
one should always protect his dick, its more important than your head, at least from biological point of view
maybe genetic engineering can repair your balls and sperm if you have been exposed, always ask for a foil or metal sheet when at scans

about cosmic rays, sun actually moves around, sun doesnt just stand in place
and when the sun moves, it projects these things called solar winds (I think, my english might be wrong here)
that protects us from the cosmic rays, or at least reduces them for our planet's magnetic field to protect us further
>>
>>53853934
Well two or three of those mass extinction events were us and we are currently in one now because of us.
Be happy anons as a species you are on par with nature and meteors

>>53854022
>sun actually moves around, sun doesnt just stand in place
This always fascinated me, I thought it never moved but apparently it shakes a lot like an Olympic hammer thrower because the gravity caused by the planets orbiting it.
If you look at a star and see it moving it means there are planets orbiting it.
>>
>>53845334

Until there is a viable alternative such as workable fusion, yes of course. Any other answer is retarded.
>>
>>53854083
yeah, the sun moves, and if you look at the last planet that orbits it, you can figure out that "gravity" does not actually exist, at least not like we imagine it

gravity is just a model that we made up, not a fundamental force of nature, it is a common misconception among people who do not study physics, to think that gravity exists, or at least that gravity "pulls things together"

classical physics (newton) was proven wrong with the experiment where we could see the light of stars at the edges of the sun, this proved that the shortest distance between to lines is NOT a straight line (this sound confusing, I can explain it further)

einstein developed special theory to explain this, and since him we used this new physics to explain things, and now even that physics was proven false, and we only had to look in our solar system

so far, physicists have managed to only answer 3 questions in physics completely, universe is still a complete mystery and we still have no clue how anything works
at least on a fundamental level
>>
>>53845334

Yeah.
A lot of stuff is done to make is safe.
>>
File: e9Roemo[1].png (16 KB, 800x283) Image search: [Google]
e9Roemo[1].png
16 KB, 800x283
yes, and we are pretty good at make reactors, Argentina made and sold reactors for Egypt and Australia, Peru, Iran and Algeria.
>>
File: Nuclear_power_station.svg.png (126 KB, 934x596) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear_power_station.svg.png
126 KB, 934x596
>>53856633
making*

btw wtf with italy
>>
>>53851139
the italians did this for a while, see
"corrupt and negligent government"
>>
File: 1372222578413.jpg (331 KB, 1550x1033) Image search: [Google]
1372222578413.jpg
331 KB, 1550x1033
>>53856829
>japan's nuclear reactors
>stable
>>
>>53856829
>noreactugal
>>
>>53853148
>is there anything limitless in the universe?
Love
>>
>>53845334
no. fuck that decrepit old technology. although it should be maintained in the 3rd world, otherwise this planet easily ends up dead.
>>
>>53858879
it's fine if you don't live on a fault line where tsunami's can also fuck you
>>
Do I support nuclear energy?
Yes.

Would I like to see nuclear power plants in my country?
No.

Why?
Because my country has a serious problem with public contracts, with corruption and such. Also, I really can't trust the people who would be going to work there.
There's a risk of putting up another Chernobyl.
>>
Yes. Saying anytnig else is retarded. Nuclear energy is the most efficient and clean at the moment besides bullshit renewable energy.
>>
File: 1449486367621.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1449486367621.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>Germans arguing against nuclear power
Have fun with your shitty coal power plants. We were doing just fine with our nuclear plant until the EU shut it down. Fuck you, retarded coal burners.
>>
>>53845520
not really.
we still have large overcapacity in electricity production. We should have also phased out some coal plants together with the nuclear ones.
>>
>>53845334
Yes
People honestly opposing nuclear energy gives way for filthy coal
>>
>>53845334
Yes. The only worthy source of energy. Propellers and blue glass plates can burn in hell.
>>
>>53846390
It's bullshit, mate. Greens and Labor keep blocking it due to an unnecessary fear. A third of the world's uranium and were wasting it by not using it for clean energy. Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>53859579
B-but what if we colonise the bottom of the ocean, s-stupid.
>>
No, in the end it was right to never switch on the nuclear plant we have, it would have been better if we never built one - but you can't have everything.
And no we don't burn coal instead.
>>
>>53860565
It doesn't count when you import power from countries with nuclear and coal powerplants.
>>
Yes, for the sakes of the thrill and the hazard
>>
>>53845334
No after Chernobyl and fukushima, at least until it's 100% safe.
>>
>>53859579
lol these cucks let the EU shut down their plants

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

shituanians
>>
>>53860617
This share is reducing over the last years, now a fair share of import is from Germany to store is in our mountains and selling it back if they need it (therefore our import numbers are higher than they need to be - but yes, sometimes we need to import dirty energy).
>>
>>53860420
Dunno, my slavic friend
Propellers are silly, but solar panels are pretty fucking efficent. My family has those on our farm and we are more or less self sufficent. However this is no option for city faggots due to lack of space and massive energy consumtion and population centration.
>>
Yes, and I hope we will see thermonuclear one in our lifetimes.
>>
no

fission power is in structural decline and with no existing power plants in australia is too expensive vs renewables
>>
>>53860730
Panels take too much space.
>>
File: Cromwell.png (2 MB, 1568x904) Image search: [Google]
Cromwell.png
2 MB, 1568x904
>>53860849
Someone need enlightenment of Atom

>>53860934
Sorta my point. Rural communities can use them, but cities need nuclear energy
>>
>>53845952
Switch to thorium reactors
>cleaner than uranium
>more abundant than uranium
>safer than uranium
>can't be used to create nuclear weapons
>fuel is safe after a much shorter amount of time
>>
>>53845334
Yes, whatever makes us less dependent from sandniggers and muslims is good on my book.

That being said, muslims are too fucking stupid to figure out nuclear energy on their own. Iran is the best example, they have to employ scientists they would otherwise hang for heresy, but if they provide them nuclear energy it's sort of okay... even though it contradicts their shitty ideology..

well, tl;dr fuck muslims, sieg heil.
>>
Instead of throwing the waste in the ocean why don't we throw it in a hole https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole
>>
File: 02_big-smileys.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
02_big-smileys.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
no
coal is much better and it cant explode
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.